Wordpress vs html site?

For your website woes and whees

Wordpress vs html site?

Postby Crazyredhead » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:11 pm

So... I have had my site for a couple of years now. I enjoy having it :-). I tried blogging in the beginning, but back then it wasn't something I enjoyed, so I just stopped blogging. But NOW! I looove blogging :-D. At this time I have my blog on blogspot [url](http://www.lochloco.blogspot.com)[/url] (only in Danish), and my site hosted on Zymic. I have been happy with both. Now I was thinking about turning my site to a Wordpress-blog, and moved my blogspot blog over to my site? How does a doll/pixelsite work as a wordpressblog? Is it a good idea, or a no-go? I would off cause, if I moved my blog, start to blog in English ;-). I'm mainly blogging about crafting and my daily life. Any advice?
My site is here: http://www.lochloco.tk
Crazyredhead
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 190.00

Re: Wordpress vs html site?

Postby Daenerys » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Dulcet Fancy (Lilly) has her dolls site in wordpress format, Ir works great. Especially if you are already familiar with how the blogging system works, you can figure out how you want to use it for showing your dolls.

As with every site, you do need to do a little bit of planning. But it will probably be easier for you to update. You can choose to update with each new doll, or with a couple of dolls, and then arrange each post to a category or tag.

If you want to combine it with actual blogging, go for it :) If it doesnt work out well for you, you can always go back to a regular site.

(I have my site powered by the cms Joomla, but still wanted a handcoded site with my dolls. So now I have both :) )
Image Image
Five and Dae :: PixiStar Base Search :: The Sims Random Stories :: Daenelia's Ramblings
:: To hear with eyes belongs to love's fine wit ::
Daenerys
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 953.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Re: Wordpress vs html site?

Postby Crazyredhead » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:40 am

Oh, I didn't know that site! How could I have missed it! I love her art! It does look great, it seems like it can be done:-). I think I'll give it a try :-). As you say, I can always go back ;-). I have made lists over which pages will "be moved", which categories the pages will belong to etc, I have already downloaded a theme, so I'm ready to go (after I have made a backup of my pages and layout for my page ;-)).
Thank you for your help ;-) :-)!
Crazyredhead
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 190.00

Return to Screen Writer's Lounge