Advice for Example doll?

Rehearsal topics that were too good to be buried!

Advice for Example doll?

Postby Sissors » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 pm

Okay, so I'm working on an example doll for my Makeup Junkie contest and it looks a little plain to me. I would like to add more details or something to make it more interesting... I know it's just an example doll but why do it if it's not going to be any good?
And I hate doing tattoos, so what do you all think of the one on her arm? Can you tell what it is? :/
And if there's anything else you would like to point out that would be wonderful. I'm still working on getting the shirt to look decent, but it's not working to well. ^_^
Oh, and the makeup look is Orange Juice and Blueberries, by xsparkage, just in case you guys wanted to know. :P
is a Glam exclusive by Hollay.
[align=center]There's a contest around here somewhere... hrmmmm..... Oh yah! I have a drag queen contest on my site! You should go look at it! NOW! And then, like, enter or something... >.>
AV Base by Blu[/align]
Sissors
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 602.00

Postby Blu » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Mmm, like I said on the phone... P: Push the hair more. I think you're relying a little too much on giant shapes of doom and need to get back to making the hair more ... detailed and such. If nothing else, add another shadow. The shirt could use a lot more work, if you want to invest the time. Blend the lips into her skin a little, perhaps? Make-up confuses me, though. @_@ The make-up is very detailed, using many colors. Everything else...not so much. It creates a discordance within the doll. Definitely up the contrast on the base. Change the eyebrow to match the hair.

etc <<
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

we're all here

Blu
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 355.00
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking
Dolling Style: Pixel

Postby QuinnKitty » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:17 pm

I like the makeup and the top looks nice ^-^
I am back from my Hiatus.

Tumblr | Twitter | DeviantArt|[Art Live-stream]
QuinnKitty
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 47.00
Formerly: Mirella/Keyoko

Postby Sissors » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:24 am

Blu: Thanks for the cc! I'm working on it... lol it's 1:20 in the morning and I'm dolling. *face palm* but yash *that's how tired I am* now that I've taken a break from looking at it, the shirt is BAD. And the hair I think I'mma pull away from the head a little more. BOB ROSS EMOTICONS! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D *wonders if these will change? :P

Keyoko, thank you for the compliment. Have a Bob Ross! Or five? :D :D :D :D :D
[align=center]There's a contest around here somewhere... hrmmmm..... Oh yah! I have a drag queen contest on my site! You should go look at it! NOW! And then, like, enter or something... >.>
AV Base by Blu[/align]
Sissors
Celebrity
Celebrity

Postby Naomi » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:40 am

I like the shirt's design, but I kinda think you should use a different colour for it. The green doesn't really go with the blue and orange in the makeup, and since that's the focus, you should try and tie the shirt in using a similar colour, or go in the opposite direction and use a very neutral colour to make the eyes stand out.

The tattoo looks really good at the moment, it's really nicely detailed. If you darkened it a bit as it curves around her shoulder at the top, it would help it look more 3D.

By the way, I am totally entering this contest. Dolling makeup is a lot of fun.
Naomi
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 7,323.00
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Damnliza » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:40 am

Dragon! :) I think it is awsome. Though "makeup junkie" screams out: LOT MORE MAKEUP :D

.. ~ <3 ~ ..
Cute doll by Pinstripe!
Visit my DeviantArt
Damnliza
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 3.00
AKA: The Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Sissors » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:19 am

I think I've fixed a lot of things, perhaps not all of them. What do you guys think now?
AV Base by Blu[/align]
Sissors
Celebrity
Celebrity

Postby Blu » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:33 pm

So. Much. Better. :shock: Add a darker shade to the hair and still more contrast on the base.

You might want to put this in your original post so people don't have to scrooll.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

we're all here

Blu
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 355.00
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking

Postby WassupKiba » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:48 pm

shade under teh hairZ! otherwise, its fabulous!
WassupKiba
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 1.00
AKA: BANZAAAIIIII

Return to Rehearsal Vault