Hair Advice

Rehearsal topics that were too good to be buried!

Hair Advice

Postby Nurse Honea » Sun May 16, 2010 11:35 am

Base http://mya-ow.deviantart.com/
But I need some advice on Thsi hair I've worked for a few hours on it, Shes going to be Artemis, so I wanted Fantasy hair
I need HELP PLEASE!
jenniferhonea.deviantart.com
Nurse Honea
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 966.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Postby Tomo_Potter » Sun May 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Wow, that's really good :) I love how you've captured the flow of all the strands :) That looks really good!

A couple of things; are you going for a windswept look? If so, you'll want to have your hair flowing more directly in one direction, rather than going all over the place. I redlined an example to show what I mean, though I might have totally gotten your concept wrong XD

Also, to the far left, the ends of the hair get quite rounded. Hair tends to taper off, as it's made up of strands of different lengths. They'd probably look a bit better straightened off.

One last thing; when hair is up and windswept, lots of the little strands get blown out of the clumps they usually hang out in. [example] A few flyaway lines, even just one or two pixels wide, would make a huge difference :) Play around with it, they can really change the look of a whole hairstyle and bring depth to it :)

Hope I was able to help, I really really like what you've done so far!
Tomo_Potter
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 102.00
AKA: Goth baby goat
Dolling Style: Pixel

Postby OKami_hu » Mon May 17, 2010 11:29 am

Tomo completely missed the "fantasy" part of the doll. ^^ The rounding is fine, and the (our) right part is good as it is EXCEPT that part visible between her boobs and elbow; and there's no need to add stray strands. She's right-ish about the shape/movement though, those fluttering tresses don't look like they'd be part of her hair; they all come from one point, whereas hair grows out of your entire skull (yes, the skin covering it if I want to be exact, hurr. XD)

What really bothers me is the lack of highlight. Put some SHINE into it! And don't forget to shade under the hair. ^^
Aywas, the better pet site.

Shop: Image

Av & sig are done by me; Av base is Glam exclusive.
OKami_hu
Gaffer
Gaffer

Diamonds on hand: 1,766.00
AKA: Hungarian Slash Queen

Postby Nurse Honea » Mon May 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Well I tried a do a few new thinsg to her
This is my progress :)
Thank you both for your Help! I think this is Pretty Epic Hair now I have to think of an out fit :X OMG SO MUCH!
jenniferhonea.deviantart.com
Nurse Honea
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 966.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Postby Tomo_Potter » Tue May 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Hah, oops XD You're right, I totally missed the fantasy bit haha. Note to self; REMEMBER TO READ BEFORE REPLYING.

Wow, that 3rd edit looks really good :) I like the different colour too, it really pops! Can't wait to see it finished ^_^
Tomo_Potter
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 102.00
AKA: Goth baby goat

Return to Rehearsal Vault