My TSP Entry.

Rehearsal topics that were too good to be buried!
Guitarlove
Super star
Super star
AKA: Monochromatic Maniac
Dolling Style: Pixel

My TSP Entry.

Post by Guitarlove » Fri May 21, 2010 10:39 am

Fullbody Base and Potrait Base (Note: Its not really on her site, but she asks people to credit her site. You can find the base on pixel-empire.net.)

Alrighty, here's the changes I made since I last showed off a WIP on Dollchat last night:
- Changed the palettes to go with a blue-ish theme; yes even the red is going with it
- Added the main color for the top and vest
- Got 'rid of the stuff for the base edits (Palettes, face from the fullbody, ect.)
- Got 'rid of the idea for the sleeve(s) and the copper-ish palette; decided I really didn't like either

For those that can't understand the outfit: she is wearing a long-sleeved, ruffly collared top, a skirt that is only mainly in the back, pants underneath with tucked in layers (Goes into shoes), mary-jane, non-pointy toe heels (1. Because I suck at them, 2. since the character doesn't like pointy-toe heels) with ribbons, and a ruffly vest with matching ribbons with the shoes'.

And a couple ideas I have (Feel free to shoot down or agree to): matching ribbons on pants left side, fingerless black gloves, a pocketwatch that's she holds with the hand over her head, a map held by her other hand, and heart, diamond, clover, and club pattern on the back of her skirt.

And in case you don't get any of the ideas (Or outfit): she is my interpretation of a Steampunk Alice from Alice in Wonderland. 8D

slightly-caustic
Celebrity
Celebrity
Avatar Base: http://pixel-glam.com/

Post by slightly-caustic » Sat May 22, 2010 6:45 am

ok, i am not sure what type of critique you wanted, but here are some red lines. I am in a rush right now but I was inspired to draw all over your doll for some reason, lol If you like I can give you some more critique later.

2) Just because of the base this side is a little awkward, this is how I would do it. To make it easier I narrowed the strap on the other side (1) so that there was less that needed to be fudged on side (2).

3) I made her a little skinner, it makes the vest look form-fitting. I also altered the hem line on the left, it is true that it would go up as high as you had it, but from this angle I don't think we would be able to see it.

4) Shoes on this base = not fun. I tried to give an example of what I would make, but it was hard. I think the key thing to remember here is that you don't have to follow the base when making shoe, if the feet are hard to work with, ignore them =) I think that moving the straps up a bit would give them more of an old fashioned mary-jane look. Also, for the right foot, just because you know that there will be two pieces of leather on either side of her feet does not mean that you will see them. generally, when I am having issues with a straight on foot I will turn it slightly to the side. makes life easier.
-If you are having trouble shortening my username, you can call me Cat-

ImageImage

Guitarlove
Super star
Super star
AKA: Monochromatic Maniac

Post by Guitarlove » Sat May 22, 2010 8:26 am

Thanks for the C/C. =D
I'll work on this later when I'm less tired.

Return to “Rehearsal Vault”