Caroline

Rehearsal topics that were too good to be buried!

Caroline

Postby Marleaux » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:15 am

So being inspired by the others I made Caroline too >>
FB Portrait
Some of the things like the eyebrows are undone but please CC it to death and hopefully my net won't die before I read it :D
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Diamonds on hand: 4,253.00
AKA: Marly Oh-Oh-O's
Dolling Style: Pixel

Postby RustChic » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:33 am

Well, let me preface by saying, I don't know what you haven't done because you weren't going to and what you haven't done because it just hasn't been done yet, so if I mention something you were already aware of, please forgive!

I think narrowing the eyes a bit on the portrait would be helpful, and making the hand larger (it's disproportionate to the face at the moment, and the hands on the fb are more realistically sized).

Maybe, to add a little more visual interest to the design, some drapin accessories like a headdress and open 'sleeves', to carry through those lovely ruffly bits from the train of the dress :D
Personal idea: (you might not like them, just the sort of thing I had in mind)
RustChic
Stand-in
Stand-in

Diamonds on hand: 500.00

Postby Nunu » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 am

she looks... sweet

wheres da ebil?!!?!?!
~Nikki aka Nunilwen

Whatchu looking at?
Did you just side eye my cat?! o_o

deviantArt
Nunu
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 1,380.00
Location: Originally from New York, lived in NC for 6 years and now living in Sweden!

Postby OKami_hu » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:07 am

Do not touch the portrait's hand. If anything, it might be a pixel larger than it should be to achieve PERFECT proportion, but it's definitely not small.

And yes, the eyes look very different on the two bases.
Aywas, the better pet site.

Shop: Image

Av & sig are done by me; Av base is Glam exclusive.
OKami_hu
Gaffer
Gaffer

Diamonds on hand: 1,766.00
AKA: Hungarian Slash Queen

Postby RustChic » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:33 am

Respectfully, I disagree. I wouldn't say it needs a huge change, but a tiny touch up I still feel would improve it, lengthening and moving, a little bit, the fingers so that they are in a more natural position.

Perhaps the confusion comes from the face being set slightly lower on the head than you would find on a person, making it a poor basis for comparison?

ETA
Actually I did shorten the pinky finger a pixel or two because it was indeed too long in relation to the other fingers :)
RustChic
Stand-in
Stand-in

Postby OKami_hu » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:47 am

The FINGERS, maybe, but you were talking about enlarging the HAND. ^^ Since a hand is about the same size as the distance from the top of the eyebrows to the tip of the chin, the _overall_ size is quite right.
Aywas, the better pet site.

Shop: Image

Av & sig are done by me; Av base is Glam exclusive.
OKami_hu
Gaffer
Gaffer

Diamonds on hand: 1,766.00
AKA: Hungarian Slash Queen

Postby RustChic » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:13 pm

I did end up increasing the overall size of the hand slightly, but yes, mostly the fingers were off :)
RustChic
Stand-in
Stand-in

Postby Marleaux » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Rustchid, I LOVED the drapey fabrics, is it okay to use your lines? If not I totally understand :3 Wasn't a fan of the headdress, too arabian nights but I like the head necklace!
Fixed the faces some, so cc more? I dunno about the faces so cc on that would be great as well as any redlining and what not :D
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Diamonds on hand: 4,253.00
AKA: Marly Oh-Oh-O's

Postby RustChic » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:43 am

Go for it, why reinvent the wheel? XD

Subduing the portrait eyebrows, I think, would help... actually, I'm not for typing right now, I'll illustrate and point out what I personally would change:

Mainly, eyebrows (making them fuller near the front, a little less arched), a tiny bit more work on the eyes (very slightly heavier lashes, a little more shading on the whites), I antialiased the mouth 'cause I felt like it XD I don't know what you were planning to do with the base itself, I had to touch-up pixel the face on my tooled doll because I couldn't get precise enough with the brushes, but you have more practice.

I also changed the nose to be a little straighter, since the fb seemed to demand it.
RustChic
Stand-in
Stand-in

Return to Rehearsal Vault