Face edits?

Rehearsal topics that were too good to be buried!
Guitarlove
Super star
Super star
AKA: Monochromatic Maniac
Dolling Style: Pixel

Face edits?

Post by Guitarlove » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:08 am

I want to at least have a good start on my MDUSA entry, before I go on trip to Baltimore/D.C. Right now, I'm stuck on the face edits. I went a little nutso (For me at least) on the face edits for some reason. Though, considering I've only ever done any face edits on forward faces, I ain't got a clue on what its supposed to look like chin and nose-wise. >.>
Base.
Redlines and such are greatly appreciated. If you have any C/C besides on editing the other faces to match the middle, feel free. =D
P.S. I don't have any palettes for the dolls, so that's why the eyebrows aren't colored in yet. Oh, and the reason the last one is the only one not smiling, is because that's for the formal; I'd imagine her being more serious, so she'd smirk instead.

Naomi
Super star
Super star
Dolling Style: Tool

Post by Naomi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:24 am

You've really done a good job so far, it's only a few little details that I'll point out.
The nose looks a bit more sticky-outy on the side views. It's probably easier to just change the forward view for that, just add an extra highlight on the tip of the nose and maybe a deeper shadow just below it.
The eyelashes look a little weird on all three, the flick on the outside corners seems a little too exaggerated to me.
The mouth on the left head doesn't really need that extra pixel on the corner to make it smile. I usually just put some of the darkest skin palette around the corners of the mouth, so there's some shadow where the skin would be...pushed back, for want of a better description.

zipple
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by zipple » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:22 am

It's a nice start, but it definitely feels like those are 3 different girls. The major issue is that A) the one in the center has a fairly round face, while the other two have more angular ones, and B) all three noses look different in structure.

So here's an edit tweaking those things (I also fixed what Naomi was saying about her eyelashes. It looked kinda clumpy.)

It's not totally perfect, but you can keep working on it if it's still along the lines of what you had in mind. There's not really a secret to doing face edits for multiple views of the same face. Just gotta keep tweaking and tweaking. :P
Av by Fira-chan | Base by Gummy-Monster

Guitarlove
Super star
Super star
AKA: Monochromatic Maniac
Dolling Style: Pixel

Post by Guitarlove » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:19 am

Thanks for the C/C. =D
The reason I did the exaggerated eyelashes is really because I have exaggerated eyelashes. I'll change it if they really bother you, though.

Return to “Rehearsal Vault”