First Base - Portrait

Portrait bases meant for the creation of dolls.

First Base - Portrait

Postby Riksie-Dixie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:45 pm

So, below is a copy and paste from my DA account... Edited a little bit.

Any CC is DEFINITELY appreciated and wanted; I know the chest looks funky, and I think the head's a bit too small, now that I think about it.

I left the bottom half unshaded because it's where most of the detail goes, so people will end up erasing it out regardless. The same goes for the eyes - left unshaded due to color preferences; the order of shading is along the top by the extras. I originally tried this with elf ears, but included an option with normal ears. I also added two extra nose types.

~Rules~
1. All edits allowed.
2. Credit me for the base and Mariiii's-Dolls for the skin palette.
Riksie-Dixie
Waiting Tables
Waiting Tables

Diamonds on hand: 70.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: First Base - Portrait

Postby Pinstripe » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:38 pm

I'd be happy to give you some CC.

I don't really think the chest looks odd. Maybe the chest and shoulders are a bit broad for a female? But not ridiculously so. I'd like to see what the face looks like with the other nose options; it's hard to tell with them off to the side like that. I think on the one you have, the nostrils go too far up on the sides of the nose. Also, I don't think you need to outline the nostrils fully. Underneath and maybe a little bit up the sides would describe the form of the nose better. I think the ears are slightly too far up on the head, and the chin comes to too sharp a point. Just a tiny bit of rounding off is all it needs.

I know that sounds like a lot of changes, but I think you did an excellent job for your first base. I adore the eyebrows and the calm expression she has. I think you've done a nice job with the proportions overall as well.
Dolls by AxxKat
dA//tumblr

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pinstripe
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 26.00

Postby Riksie-Dixie » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:06 pm

First off, thank you so much! :D

I've always done that nose style like that, but it's nice to know the nostrils are a bit too far up. :) I may need to practice more with different nose styles; some I try end up looking off a bit, like off-center.

Now that I look at it, I do see that the chin is too sharp.

No, it isn't too much at all! I really appreciate your CC! :)
Riksie-Dixie
Waiting Tables
Waiting Tables

Diamonds on hand: 70.00

Postby Mogget » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:50 pm

this is super for your first base! my first was not this good :)
for the CC
I know that most of the detail goes on the torso but I really think a fully shaded base is easier to work with. Lots of outfits have low necklines and often a dollers shading technique is different from the base creators so the end result can be disjointed, if that makes sense.
I definitely agree with Pinstripe about the chin, flattening out a few pixels would go a long way
the same goes for the nose just a little adjustment on the height of the nostrils and she'll be sitten pretty :)
Mogget
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 19,517.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Return to Portrait