<rant>Rant Board</rant>

Chatter about anything and everything.
Pinstripe
Super star
Super star
Dolling Style:Pixel
Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Pinstripe » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:00 am

Well, that I can totally understand being annoyed by! I mean, wouldn't they want to make sure it was their best possible work for a pageant? It probably comes down to pure laziness in the end. Like, they can see the problems that people have pointed out, but they don't want to go through the effort of fixing them, so they just ignore the comments.
Dolls by AxxKat
dA//tumblr

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

thedancingsky
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Formerly:quintessence

Post by thedancingsky » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:06 am

SCHOOL RANT TIME YAYYYYYY

i got a 2.7 for the semester gpa. my math teacher - i had an 89.98 and i was literally .02 percent from an a - said she would round up, but didn't in time and that brought it down. and my pe teacher, said she would give me more points for something than she actually did, and so i (a week before the semester ended i couldn't participate cause i hurt my ankle but hadn't gotten a doctor's note yet and lost a lot of points but she said since i was clearly limping she'd give me it anyway but nope i got a zero) got a 79.95 for that class. if i had gotten the proper grades for both i would have gotten a 3 for the semester.
also high school is harder than i thought it would be. i felt like i was doing really well because i test excellently but i'm bad with remembering to do homework but i finished really average.
there's a college fair on thursday (i'm a freshman in high school, but my high school is very college-centered because there's a 100% acceptance rate and a good part of each class goes to an ivy league school) and i'm looking forward to it. so all of middle school i was very centered on stanford for no particular reason - well, i wanted to go to a great school on the west coast, and that fit the bill. but then i was like nope screw this, stanford will not be my top choice, and so i was looking at a lot of schools and decided that i really want to go to UCLA (i've wanted to major in psychology for over a year now).
and so i was talking to my dad about this - another minor digression; i have to pay for most of my college, which isn't abnormal but my dad consistently reminds me. both of my parents have really excellently paying jobs they both love, but neither could afford to complete college, and both finished 3 years with a lot of student debt. they've paid off the debt, but when they got the house i live in when i'm at my dad's now, they went further into debt. long story short, i have to get a scholarship regardless of how much i save, because i don't want to go to the state university (university of washington - it's a good school but i don't want to go to college in-state). anyways, that was not a minor digression, sorry. so my dad constantly reminds me of how i need a scholarship, and i can't slack, and has been annoyed that i got a 2.7 for the semester, etc. and i was saying, okay, i'm really interested in UCLA and he keeps saying, that's a great school, in the worst neighborhood on the west coast. and oooohkaaaayyy even if it is, which it is probably not (though is still bad) he hasn't commented once on my interest in that college or how i'm planning ahead and gah high school is stupid.
the average GPA for UCLA is something like 3.8 and if i get straight A's the rest of highschool with no AP classes (which i'm going to take, i'm in one now) i'll get a 3.85

streeeeeessssssss

Shixam
Super star
Super star
AKA:Princess of Pink
Avatar Base:http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Post by Shixam » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:38 am

thedancingsky wrote:SCHOOL RANT TIME YAYYYYYY

i got a 2.7 for the semester gpa. my math teacher - i had an 89.98 and i was literally .02 percent from an a - said she would round up, but didn't in time and that brought it down. and my pe teacher, said she would give me more points for something than she actually did, and so i (a week before the semester ended i couldn't participate cause i hurt my ankle but hadn't gotten a doctor's note yet and lost a lot of points but she said since i was clearly limping she'd give me it anyway but nope i got a zero) got a 79.95 for that class. if i had gotten the proper grades for both i would have gotten a 3 for the semester.
also high school is harder than i thought it would be. i felt like i was doing really well because i test excellently but i'm bad with remembering to do homework but i finished really average.
there's a college fair on thursday (i'm a freshman in high school, but my high school is very college-centered because there's a 100% acceptance rate and a good part of each class goes to an ivy league school) and i'm looking forward to it. so all of middle school i was very centered on stanford for no particular reason - well, i wanted to go to a great school on the west coast, and that fit the bill. but then i was like nope screw this, stanford will not be my top choice, and so i was looking at a lot of schools and decided that i really want to go to UCLA (i've wanted to major in psychology for over a year now).
and so i was talking to my dad about this - another minor digression; i have to pay for most of my college, which isn't abnormal but my dad consistently reminds me. both of my parents have really excellently paying jobs they both love, but neither could afford to complete college, and both finished 3 years with a lot of student debt. they've paid off the debt, but when they got the house i live in when i'm at my dad's now, they went further into debt. long story short, i have to get a scholarship regardless of how much i save, because i don't want to go to the state university (university of washington - it's a good school but i don't want to go to college in-state). anyways, that was not a minor digression, sorry. so my dad constantly reminds me of how i need a scholarship, and i can't slack, and has been annoyed that i got a 2.7 for the semester, etc. and i was saying, okay, i'm really interested in UCLA and he keeps saying, that's a great school, in the worst neighborhood on the west coast. and oooohkaaaayyy even if it is, which it is probably not (though is still bad) he hasn't commented once on my interest in that college or how i'm planning ahead and gah high school is stupid.
the average GPA for UCLA is something like 3.8 and if i get straight A's the rest of highschool with no AP classes (which i'm going to take, i'm in one now) i'll get a 3.85

streeeeeessssssss
Well, you still have another semester to go. So you have time to make up the grades for those classes. In my high school at least, they didn't really count semester grades. We just got a progress report. And then the only grade that counted on our transcript was the one at the end of the year. So as long as you improve your grades by the end of the year, you'll be fine =). I once raised a D in Algebra 2 at the end of Fall to a B at the end of Spring. You just need to make sure to do homework as soon as you get home. Don't let anything get in the way of it, unless it's important family stuff and you have no choice. I never actually did any fun stuff before my homework was done in high school. And keep an eye out for any extra credit opportunities.

Don't worry about college right now. You're just a Freshman. Concentrate on just passing your classes and getting used to high school. People didn't really think too seriously about college until their Junior year at my school. Just relax. College is still four years away.

And about UCLA, I wouldn't doubt it's in the worst area of the west coast XD No offense to anyone who lives in the area. LA kinda scares me sometimes. It sounds like a big, nice, glamorous, Hollywood city. But I've heard about a family once who ended up taking the wrong turn into an alley in LA, ended up in the middle of gang issues and got shot. Plus, Dodgers fans. Again, no offense. And this isn't just SF Giants vs. LA Dodgers rivalry. I am seriously afraid of ever going to baseball game between the Giants and the Dodgers in LA. Things can get violent there. A Giants fan got beat up at opening game in 2011 (I think it was 2011, at least. Might have been 2012, but I'm pretty sure it was the year after we won the world series).

Take it from someone who lives on this coast, it might not be that much of an exaggeration. I'm not trying to scare you away, but do some research into the area the school's in too. I think one of my friends in high school found a site with the most violent cities in California somewhere, but I forget where it is.
My Charm Bracelet
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

4br4
Gaffer
Gaffer
Formerly:Sweet Raspberry Tea

Post by 4br4 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:42 am

Not gonna lie, for some reason I always sound hostile when I post. Or at least when I look over it it looks so friggen mean.
Also I'm trying to finish early and there's so much homework gahhh D8

Also! Oakland is one of the most dangerous places, as well as LA, Santa Ana (And take my word for it, I live near the latter two), they're pretty dangerous. If you play it safe though no worries :3

Also, you have a semester to go, don't worry! 2nd semester always seems easier. Good luck to you though ;w; < 33333 You can do it! ;u;

Keke
Producer
Producer
AKA:The Argyle Queen
Dolling Style:Tool

Post by Keke » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:48 am

Shixam wrote: Plus, Dodgers fans. Again, no offense. And this isn't just SF Giants vs. LA Dodgers rivalry. I am seriously afraid of ever going to baseball game between the Giants and the Dodgers in LA. Things can get violent there. A Giants fan got beat up at opening game in 2011 (I think it was 2011, at least. Might have been 2012, but I'm pretty sure it was the year after we won the world series).
It was 2011, the year after we won the World Series.

Gwen
Producer
Producer
AKA:King of Leopard Print ♕
Formerly:Blackfyre

Post by Gwen » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 pm

Yeah I read about that case. We talked about it a lot in my policing class because it brought up some major issues of dangerous areas. And I can completely agree with LA being a really bad area. Not only is it one of the cities with the biggest police corruption issues in the united states but it also has a cloud of smog above it, and has enough gang activity in certain areas to warrant it to be extremely dangerous. And I say this because I lived like a half an hour away in Buenaventura (known as Ventura more widely) and Ojai (there's a military base near there) soooo |: yeah check your cities before you go and discredit what everyone thinks. Tbh UCLA is a bit overrated anyway but *shrugs* your choice. And like Shix said, you're a freahman. Calm down and enjoy yourself a bit, like yeah planning ahead is important. I've known my career path since I was like ten, but you can know what you want to do and not flip out just because you're below a 3 GPA right now. Second semester is coming up and you can easily fix it. Like, high school is cake. Stressing about it gets you nowhere.

Also lol Vargas what you're one of the sweetest people when you post I have no clue how you're mean xDD I'm a lot meaner than you are.
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥

Shixam
Super star
Super star

Post by Shixam » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:34 pm

VargasChild wrote: Also! Oakland is one of the most dangerous places, as well as LA, Santa Ana (And take my word for it, I live near the latter two), they're pretty dangerous. If you play it safe though no worries :3
OH YES! Oakland scares me. I'm much closer to Oakland because I'm pretty much on the border of the Bay Area. So I hear about Oakland a lot more than LA. The only reason I go there is to ride BART to SF for Giants games with my brother, and even then I'm not entirely comfortable. Again, no offense if you live in Oakland, but to an outsider it seems to get worse every year. >.<
My Charm Bracelet

Krahka
Super star
Super star
AKA:Sahrot Kulaas Se Dov
Dolling Style:Tool and Pixel

Post by Krahka » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Can I say for a moment how much anxiety disorder sucks? I am so sick and tired of feeling nervous and paranoid and on edge and awful all the time. I wish I could just relax and get things done like a normal human being without having existential crises every time I have to do any sort of schoolwork or social activity. >_>

I thought I was doing better, but then I failed an entire semester and now it's giving me concrete evidence that I'm pretty much entirely worthless and now I can hardly even stand to be in public again.

thedancingsky
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Formerly:quintessence

Post by thedancingsky » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:03 pm

aw thanks guys. and darn :< i wish it weren't so unsafe. i was considering USC too, but on this website the counselor told us about (collegeprowler), that's waaaaaayyyy less safe. idk. i'd love to go to school in california, and ucla seems like my favorite, but who knows.
i have to go to the college fair today instead of tomorrow which means it'll just be me and my dad and i'm worried cause he's going to be a huge tiger mom about it

Gwen
Producer
Producer

Post by Gwen » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Ahaha, you have four years to decide options and who knows what things will be like in four years xD Always keep options open. If UCLA is your place of choice, then definitely go there but make sure to be safe and know there's a possibility of danger. As long as you're aware, you have a less chance of being a victim you know? But definitely, look around a lot. Talk to councilors. You don't always have to pick prestigious schools at first, depending on how far you want to go on your degrees. Hopefully your college fair helps you, but just remember that you have lots of time and have no need to stress.

And aww Krahka that's terrible :c Anxiety disorders are a bitch.

Also I understand things happen, like internets disconnect, someone's AFK, someone gets called away but like... getting online for five minutes and logging off THE SECOND another person says something is kind of an indication that you're avoiding someone. Especially when you have been avoiding that person for a while. I mean like, I really don't understand it. This friend and I agreed to always talk things out if something is bothering us because we don't like misunderstandings, happens with too many people. But instead of talking it out, she just avoids me. Like okay, fine, but when I'm just linking you to your late birthday present you could at least say thank you and log off |: Jeez. as;lcfqwhfnskldc sorry needed a quick rant.
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏

Shixam
Super star
Super star

Post by Shixam » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:44 pm

thedancingsky wrote:aw thanks guys. and darn :< i wish it weren't so unsafe. i was considering USC too, but on this website the counselor told us about (collegeprowler), that's waaaaaayyyy less safe. idk. i'd love to go to school in california, and ucla seems like my favorite, but who knows.
i have to go to the college fair today instead of tomorrow which means it'll just be me and my dad and i'm worried cause he's going to be a huge tiger mom about it
Like Gwen said, if you're really set on UCLA, you should go, but be sure to be safe. Don't disregard how unsafe it can be.

And there's a lot more colleges in California too =) Trust me. I looked through all CSUs and UCs while looking for a web design program I liked.

If you want links to lists:

UCs
CSUs

Not to mention community colleges, although that might be a bit small to get parents to agree for you to go. But they're a good first step right out of high school, I think. And there's a few in California that have dorms, but not all of them. Gwen's right, you don't necessarily have to pick a prestigious school.
My Charm Bracelet

4br4
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 4br4 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:50 am

Blackfyre wrote:Also lol Vargas what you're one of the sweetest people when you post I have no clue how you're mean xDD I'm a lot meaner than you are.
Believe it or not, I'm pretty mean. I just can't help it. Especially my tone of voice. I don't mean to sound mean, I just sound like that! D:
And like, I don't really get 'angry' I just get really, reeeeaaaally mean.
but thank you hon C': < 33333
and pssht no you are a sweeie < 3333

Also! California community colleges are the way to go. Also, damn I didn't notice you're young! Having good grades are important, but isn't it a little early to be thinking about college? I didn't think about it until Sophomore year. However, I totes find it admirable. I'd suggest a community college, as it's much less stressful and finish your degree with a USC/etc as that is usually what kids near me are trying to do. (I live in Orange County so it might be different from where you live though). And like Shixam said, just don't disregard how unsafe they can be.

But yeah tl;dr I'd suggest a community college first, and I find it totally cool how driven you are. You go! 8D I'll be rootin' for you!

Also this one is more personal I guess? idk
I feel really alienated from my friends. It's not even their fault. It's mine.

What I mean by alienated is I really don't get why their friends with me and I constantly question it. They have so much in common with each other and I have about 1 thing. They both love Kingdom Hearts & Final Fantasy, I don't. They both had to go through the whole glasses & braces thing that swept through parents in the 90's & early 2000's. I never got glasses or braces (And my teeth do need braces, and my eyes have a focusing problem so I can't see in the dark (which NO ONE I have told believes me!)

And a bunch of other things. I feel as if I'm just friends with them because deep own they can't get rid of me. And the worst part is, they've never said stuff like that. They continue to support me as a friend and I constantly doubt it. And now I can't stop crying because I feel like crap for doubting my friends and it's terrible and I just want to feel right around my friends because they don't act like me, and I feel I'm only around for a minor reason.

I'm not even joking, I just wish one day I could stop feeling this because it hurts being around my friends, and I only see them once a week because we're all split apart. And I hate every second of it.

the black dahlia
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by the black dahlia » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am

sometimes i really wish my bf would be more responsible for himself instead of blaming me because he doesn't want to be an adult about things

Phoenigette
Producer
Producer
AKA:Batty's Slave

Post by Phoenigette » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:50 pm

^ on that note

sometimes i wish my boyfriend would go to bed at a normal time instead of staying up and going to sleep when i get up to go to work
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)
Bang, baby!

Nevere
Super star
Super star

Post by Nevere » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:15 pm

I wish that it didn't take me so long to get back and forth from work. I feel like I only have two hours after work before I need to be in bed to get enough sleep for the next work day.

Lolita
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Lolita » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:46 pm

ASDFGHJKL Tumblrs probably tired of listening to my whining by now. I hate days they can go die. And some nights...they can screw themselves too. How about every waking minute goes and dies. I like that idea.

DawnHunter
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Formerly:PaganGirl86

Post by DawnHunter » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:39 pm

GAH! Long rant that has pretty much nothing to do with the board in the spoiler...
I've been working on creating a game in a program mostly for fun. I've wanted to do it for a while and I've got a few friends who have volunteered to help with it. That being said, I'm still very poor. I can barely make ends meat and struggle to get by. So, when it came to pictures for the game, I asked – on a request forum for art – for someone to donate their time and skills for these pictures. They needn't be large (100X100 pixels.. about 1” square). I needed a male and female version of 4 animal species, and merely head-shots of them. I mentioned that I was using placeholder pictures from a program that I have (Furcadia) currently and that I didn't feel my art was up to spec to be used in a game.

This is when all of the negative replies came. People claiming that if I wanted art from someone that I should pay (even though it's on an art request forum) and that I was stealing the art that I was using as a placeholder and that it didn't belong to me. This upset me greatly for a few reasons.

First off, I stated upfront that I didn't have any money to pay for this. So, even with this information, the people who responded thought I aught to pay for it anyway. I'm not a company. I'm doing this for myself.

Secondly, the concept of a placeholder is that it's holding the place for something that is coming later on. Using an image that I do not have the rights to in order to make programming the game easier is not illegal! And, especially if I do not make any money on it, all I would have to do is get permission from the original artist to use it in the final release! I know copyright laws.

The fact that people acted so harshly and rudely without asking any questions and just assuming made me both upset and angry. I hate it when people make assumptions. One response I got said that many companies are in the red for the first several years and still have to pay employees and the like. But I had already said that I was making the game with volunteers. Why would volunteers make a game if I was a company and therefore could pay them?

It's like these people don't use any sense of logic and it infuriates me that I have to try and be an adult and keep my emotions in check when I already have emotional and mental problems that prevent me from being able to interact with people on a regular basis, let alone hold down a job.

Between all of that and the fact that the people who volunteered to help have done little/nothing to actually help makes me want to just give up. What's the point? Why put myself out there to be stepped all over? I've already given up so much because of my mental disabilities. Do I need to give up interacting with people in general, as well? Aren't I a recluse enough?!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

OneSmartChicken
Super star
Super star
AKA:Two Piece Chicken Suit
Avatar Base:http://ubiique.deviantart.com/

Post by OneSmartChicken » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:45 am

To sum it up: "Yay I'm finally getting over the sickness that kept me practically stuck in bed for weeks whoo I can exist and breathe and -cough- do things and -coughcough- ow my throat hurts..." "hey you sound like you're getting sick again" "nooooooooooo"
It was hot. I slept with the windows open for /one day/. My throat is killing me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm collecting chicken things. Indeed.

Glam. Kssh. Ksssh. I am your rooster. Kssh. Kssh. Join me kssh on the feather side. -Darth Rooster

Phoenigette
Producer
Producer
AKA:Batty's Slave

Post by Phoenigette » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:04 am

@pagangirl: the internet be full of trolls, yo. fsrs

this actually reminds me of searching mac forums for help with... something, i can't remember now. I came across a post by someone asking how to best run games on a mac/ good cooling pads to keep the heat down. The first post was like "don't do it, mac's aren't meant to be gaming computers" If she want's to bully her computer into gaming then that's her decision, it's not your fucking mac, you didn't answer the question. She wanted a cooling pad, not life advice. morons.
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)
Bang, baby!

4br4
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 4br4 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Someone said Christopher Dorner murdering people was justified, saying it was "retribution for slavery"

*screaming*
Also someone said that since Chris Kyle didn't get half-mast & apparently Whitney Houston did that "she was a nobody"
I hate Facebook, everyone is equal in death & deserves half-mast.

Today started okay but I just can't.

Shixam
Super star
Super star

Post by Shixam » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:58 pm

VargasChild wrote:
Someone said Christopher Dorner murdering people was justified, saying it was "retribution for slavery"

*screaming*
Oh my god, I've been hearing about these people! NOTHING justifies what he did. Killing people for any reason is never justified.

I'm not touching the death penalty, though. I think that brings in a whole lot of complexity I don't want to get into right now.
My Charm Bracelet

4br4
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 4br4 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 pm

Shixam wrote:
VargasChild wrote:

*screaming*
Oh my god, I've been hearing about these people! NOTHING justifies what he did. Killing people for any reason is never justified.

I'm not touching the death penalty, though. I think that brings in a whole lot of complexity I don't want to get into right now.
Exactly.

And yeah idk about that that's a can of worms
but people are justifying him killing people and I just
no

OneSmartChicken
Super star
Super star
AKA:Two Piece Chicken Suit
Avatar Base:http://ubiique.deviantart.com/

Post by OneSmartChicken » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm having another one of my "I don't feel like interacting with people" periods and it sucks cause it means I'm ignoring people I like but I can't think of things to say and it's like the only contribution I can make to conversations is like "I like balloons". I don't even feel up to calling people which means I can't even get sushi which I'm craving like crazy. Although I'm honestly so hungry I'm craving just about anything. I want to talk to people dammit. No. Actually. I don't. But I want to open up commissions and actually. Do things. But I can't even art right now for the most part and just. Blugh. Grawrrawrrawr.

Also, Petsmart needs to start stocking good grainfree cat food so I don't have to drive thirty minutes to Petco for crying out loud
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm collecting chicken things. Indeed.

Glam. Kssh. Ksssh. I am your rooster. Kssh. Kssh. Join me kssh on the feather side. -Darth Rooster

Keke
Producer
Producer
AKA:The Argyle Queen

Post by Keke » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:34 pm

I can't seem to concentrate on anything right now. Like I completely forgot about this rant for like ten minutes. Ugh. I hate being sick. My brain is so muddled right now. Damn you unofficially diagnosed sinus infection! Damn you. My ears and sinuses hurt. I want to crawl back into bed and sleep but I can't even do that. I have too much to do. I have homework that I haven't been able to work on for the last couple of days cause I've been so sick. Which is due tonight. I've got things my parents want me to do. I want to do something other than just lie around and feel like shit. I just want to get better. I hate being sick. It sucks. And I can't go to the doctor until tomorrow at the earliest cause it's the weekend and the doctors aren't there. I don't want to go to the ER cause....I just don't. I hate it when people go to the ER for minor things (as sick as I am I think this is minor compared to other reasons to go to the ER). And the clinic is waaay to expensive, I can't afford that right now. Ugh. *cries*

Gwen
Producer
Producer

Post by Gwen » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:16 am

Poor Keke ;_____; feel better sweetheart <3

And this is a really, really petty rant I admit but I really hate when someone misleads me into thinking one thing and then does the complete opposite. I can't go into details because it's classified, which sucks really bad |: but the gist of it is I was basically led into believing I'd earned something and then the first time it got taken away from me, but then it was offered again and I mentioned CLEAR AS GODDAMN DAY I wanted it and yet the opportunity passed me by again and I had no choice but to watch it go. Worse, it was given instead to people I know. It's some kind of sadistic fucking punishment and I'm sick of people suggesting one thing and then slapping me in the face. I hope they got a good laugh out of it because I'm seriously done with this situation. This isn't the first time this has happened either. It's ridiculous. Just because you are an authority figure does not mean you have the right to abuse it.
Just saying.
And no it has nothing to do with Glam (lol if it was why would it be classified?) It has to do with something else. I just want snuggles, guys. :C
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏

Return to “Tabloids”