<rant>Rant Board</rant>

Chatter about anything and everything.
User avatar
4br4
Gaffer
Gaffer
Posts:2754
Joined:Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:35 am
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:Blood-Cocoa
Formerly:Sweet Raspberry Tea
Location:SoCal
Contact:
Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by 4br4 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:32 am

Alsie wrote:Augh!

Just now this woman said 'I need an M' Now that in itself isn't the problem. What is, is that she said this 1. While I'm ringing up other customers and 2. From clear across the store. Which happens to be one of my biggest pet peeves! We have a storewide sale going on right now. So everything she looked at the price on she would say 'And it's 55% off that?' Yes! Or stuff from the clearance section 'Is it 75% off this price(the marked sale price)' No that is the sale price. EVERY FREAKING ITEM. Oh and then she asks me 'Well what is 75% off of $.75' How the hell am I supposed to know that?! And of course I had to tell her what 55% off the regular stuff is. Most people are happy to figure out what 50% off is and then know it's will be less than that! And while I'm ringing her up she writes down every price and adds it to get a total. I think the only reason she didn't actually show it to me was because she had added wrong and her total was too high. Oh and the best part she asks 3 freakin times if everything is in her bag before she finally gets the hell out of my store!!!!

I need a drink!
Oh man people like that suck butt monkeys D: They should get thrown out. That's absolutely disrespectful, especially since you can't do anything.

Hope you got your drink hon < 3333

Apparently I'm related to J.C. Leyendecker.

this isn't really a rant I just got really excited and I wanted to tell someone.

P.S. Is anyone getting ads on their words in messages???
Last edited by 4br4 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OneSmartChicken
Super star
Super star
Posts:2191
Joined:Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:22 am
AKA:Two Piece Chicken Suit
Avatar Base:http://ubiique.deviantart.com/
Location:Florida
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by OneSmartChicken » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:41 am

I'm nauseous and dizzy and this is just bullshit it's all just stupid
Avatar by Ody
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm collecting chicken things. Indeed.

Glam. Kssh. Ksssh. I am your rooster. Kssh. Kssh. Join me kssh on the feather side. -Darth Rooster

User avatar
Keke
Producer
Producer
Posts:3862
Joined:Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 am
AKA:The Argyle Queen
Dolling Style:Tool
Avatar Base:Duckie
Location:The Kingdom of Argyle
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Keke » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:07 pm

I really hate emotions right now. I wish there was a way that I could just turn them off and not have the ability to feel any kind of hurt or sadness or anything like that. Just happy emotions. That's all I want. :| Just when I thought things were going to go my way it all blows up in my face like always.

User avatar
Gwen
Producer
Producer
Posts:3837
Joined:Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:54 pm
AKA:King of Leopard Print ♕
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:Yzah
Formerly:Blackfyre
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Gwen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Some people should never be in power.
Any position of power. A policeman, a laywer, a judge. And some shouldn't be admins or mods on a site.
And I'm sorry, if you think you're better than everyone else and you're oh so great and people should bow down to you and respect you just because you have a title, symbol or a colored name on a username bar then you're wrong. Respect should be earned, not handed out like candy. People can have a power position and not be respected at all. Power does not equal respect. Power isn't about tyranny it's about helping people. It's about caring. And some people just can't fucking grasp that concept.
And this started because of an article I read about an ex-policeman.
I just. Some people man.
Some. People.
I need to go walk off this anger.
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥

User avatar
Ody
Super star
Super star
Posts:1433
Joined:Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:07 pm
AKA:The Zombie Cowgirl
Dolling Style:Tool
Avatar Base:wayuki.nl
Formerly:Odyrah
Location:On the back of my horse, riding off with the zombies...
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Ody » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Blackfyre wrote:Some people should never be in power.
Any position of power. A policeman, a laywer, a judge. And some shouldn't be admins or mods on a site.
And I'm sorry, if you think you're better than everyone else and you're oh so great and people should bow down to you and respect you just because you have a title, symbol or a colored name on a username bar then you're wrong. Respect should be earned, not handed out like candy. People can have a power position and not be respected at all. Power does not equal respect. Power isn't about tyranny it's about helping people. It's about caring. And some people just can't fucking grasp that concept.
And this started because of an article I read about an ex-policeman.
I just. Some people man.
Some. People.
I need to go walk off this anger.
I couldn't agree with this more. Can't tell you how many times I come across people acting in such a way. It's to laugh really, especially when it's involving someone on the internet.

So, update on my kitty. He's doing well, has been at the Vet since yesterday morning. Baby had a temp of 105, and 3 punctures, under two legs and one on the abdomen. An infection had set in immediately and the Doc thought at first he may lose his right front leg. But nope. Toby will have some serious scars and hair probably won't grow under those legs. But at least he'll be coming home alive and whole. Saw him today and those holes were half dollar size and still draining. He was still under sedation and seeing him there just laying there and not really being alert wasn't fun but I'm glad he's like that. Can't feel the pain. The Vet assured me he was on some really nice pain killers. And I get to bring some of those home for him.

The bro has been hit by my step-dad about his dog. Dog's not allowed out unless on a leash or chained and I feel bad about that considering this is a big farm. But damnit, I don't like my freaking animals attacked! And if his dog had gotten ahold of my daughter's personal cat or my baby Chihuahua, she'd be dead. No.

In the meantime, I'm now annoyed that some bitch friend of my sis in law who gave my bro the dog is defending her, and she doesn't even know the animal, had the dog until it was weaned from its momma's milk. Please. She's an arrogant know it all anyway. Shouldn't be surprised.
Image
ImageImageImage
And Zombie thinks, "glarbh GARBHGL BAARGHL."
I, Jayme

User avatar
OneSmartChicken
Super star
Super star
Posts:2191
Joined:Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:22 am
AKA:Two Piece Chicken Suit
Avatar Base:http://ubiique.deviantart.com/
Location:Florida
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by OneSmartChicken » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:10 am

People need to learn to teach their dogs not to hurt cats. Or rather, get them accustomed to smaller animals. >I I'm sorry that happened, Ody; I'd have beat someone over that. It's good the kitty's recovering though, and if the dog's going to be hurting things then he should be on a leash. And that bitch should shut up and stop being such an idiot.
hmph.
Avatar by Ody
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm collecting chicken things. Indeed.

Glam. Kssh. Ksssh. I am your rooster. Kssh. Kssh. Join me kssh on the feather side. -Darth Rooster

User avatar
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend
Posts:4737
Joined:Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:10 pm
AKA:Marly Oh-Oh-O's
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:Glam
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Marleaux » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:03 am

:| You said something because I put my daughter in the corner for shaking her head no at me when I told her to do something. But just this morning you told your kid you were gonna smack him because we had to get up at 7 in the morning and he was too tired to find his shoes that he whined that he needed your help.
Image
My spawn

User avatar
4br4
Gaffer
Gaffer
Posts:2754
Joined:Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:35 am
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:Blood-Cocoa
Formerly:Sweet Raspberry Tea
Location:SoCal
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by 4br4 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:42 am

^What a hypocrite. That's sad. *hughug* Putting someone in a corner isn't nearly as bad as what they where suggesting, ugh.

[Stepmania rant]
Seriously, if you won't step songs correctly, in a decent fashion, don't make them. There's people like me who want to make them fun and doable (but difficult on the higher levels) but no, there are people who make the NOVICE setiing too difficult to finish. I'm done. (And it's not just me that's bad, I've gotten a very high grade(AA) on an Expert song).

Here's what I mean:
Spoiler: show
Image

the black dahlia
Celebrity
Celebrity
Posts:343
Joined:Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by the black dahlia » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 am

not having a car is a bitch. i'm 22 and i'm getting turned down from jobs because employers don't consider family members (who're retired) reliable transportation. it's really depressing when you're told "you're exactly what i want, and because of my reservations (about transportation and school) i don't know what to do with you."

i got turned away at a dealership--he said i'm in the running but not to get my hopes up. whatever. my ** got kicked out of my house because my dad found out we smoke and now he's trying to find a place to live and i can't help him look for places or even get the rest of his stuff to him and hopefully he's going to get a new place this week but it's not like we can live together yet and i feel like a child and a burden to him.

and all of this because my dad fucking will not bend to my wants for a car. a simple $3000 car would suffice for getting from place to place, and $5000 would last me a long while assuming the car is in decent shape when bought. he hardly have money to pay bills since our family gets set fucking back all the goddamn time from stupid shit like my mom trying to "cheat" insurance

as soon as i get a car i'm leaving. i'll live in the car. whatever

User avatar
Gwen
Producer
Producer
Posts:3837
Joined:Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:54 pm
AKA:King of Leopard Print ♕
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:Yzah
Formerly:Blackfyre
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Gwen » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:00 pm

^ Damn I'm sorry Dahlia. You're actually going through something similar to what I'm going through though mine isn't as bad. Or at least my mum isn't trying to cheat insurance.

So my mum always finds new ways to want to throw me out on my ass. I'm going to school, looking for jobs. You can't get a job worth shit if you don't have a car or even an associate's degree. It means just as much as a high school education nowadays. Nothing. So I'm trying to fill out applications, and I'm getting more desperate but it's still not good enough. So as I'm casually eating my lunch, my mum informs me I'm supposed to:

1) Have a job preferably by the end of this month
2) have the whole house spotless every day
3) go to school full time
4) drive to the store and pick up groceries with the car I don't have, and my mum's car is more precious than I am so I'm hardly allowed to even sit in it
5) manage to do all of my homework AND get As because Bs aren't good enough.

Okay like, I'm all for high expectations but I'm not even allowed to touch my mum's car. When I tried to get my permit three years ago when I was 16 she screamed at me for everything I did until I had a panic attack and started crying, and then she called me a stupid bitch and made me get out and sit in the back of the car and she drove us home. After that I was too scared to drive with her, and now she's yelling at me that "I don't try" when she scared the unholy fuck out of me. I don't want to be screamed at while I'm trying to focus on the road. That's an accident waiting to happen, and I've been in enough accidents and had enough near death experiences to last me the rest of my life, thank you. So how the fuck am I supposed to practice driving when she disowned my adopted brother (who is the only other one with a car) and I can't use hers?? I can't. But I'm a stupid whiny bitch. And okay, I agree the house should be fairly clean. But she leaves her cups, bowls, plates and shit everywhere with half eaten food rotting on it, and she throws her blankets on the floor and just does all this stupid shit. And we have a dog. Okay? Dogs are dirty. But I'm supposed to have everything SPOTLESS on top of everything else. I clean up every day. It's not spotless no, but I do the dishes. I sweep. I clean her nasty food encrusted plates and take care of her like she's a fucking toddler who can't use the dishwasher apparently. I should not be her parent. Okay? She's my mother. And yet I'm always the one cleaning up after her. And I want to go to law school, I need good grades for that totally, and I'm working towards a 4.0 GPA but to put pressure on me and scream I'm never good enough doesn't help that much.

So what does she decide? She's canceling my phone plan and taking the internet down.

Um, how are people supposed to call me back on my applications when I don't have a phone. How am I supposed to check my email for responses? But no, that will magically get me to man up. I had such a bad panic attack I was almost physically ill, I can't stop crying and I have to leave for class soon and I don't want to go looking like a mess. My teacher is already concerned about me. It's not my fucking fault that she thinks I'm so worthless. Skipping two years of high school and getting my Associates degree at barely 19 wasn't good enough. Transferring into a good uni wasn't good enough. Calling my mentor and begging him to help me look for law firms to work at wasn't good enough. Because SHE had a job at 16 (illegally by the way). She drove at 16. She did everything at 16. But because, god forbid I'm not exactly like her I'm the biggest piece of shit on this planet and nothing I do will ever make it up to her. If I become an FBI agent and live my dreams? I should be good at math and logic too. So I'm still not worth anything. If I become a fucking billionaire somehow? There will be some flaw to me that she'll point out. She takes so much pleasure in making me want to feel so worthless I hate myself. She loves dismantling the happiness I try to build for myself. She constantly belittles me and rubs my flaws in my face and says my achievements aren't worth anything.

I'm her CHILD. You'd think she'd fucking love me. But no, of course not. That, like everything else in my life, is too much to ask. I'm the only one of my family left that puts up with her. My aunt constantly tells me to just pack up my shit and leave somewhere because my mother is verbally and emotionally abusive and couldn't care less if I live or die anyway, but I can't bring myself to do it and I'm stuck on the lease to this fucking place until September. I didn't even want to be on the lease. She put me on it to keep me here.

All I know is I need to get out of here or one day I can't talk myself off the ledge. I'm so fucking sick of this. I'm so fucking tired of being told I'm worthless. Because I know I'm not. I spend so much time trying to make people happy and trying to help others that I leave myself wide open to be kicked down myself, and I'm so sick of it.

Sorry. I really just needed someone to talk to and no one was online. You can just ignore this if you want.
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥

User avatar
Keke
Producer
Producer
Posts:3862
Joined:Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 am
AKA:The Argyle Queen
Dolling Style:Tool
Avatar Base:Duckie
Location:The Kingdom of Argyle
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Keke » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:20 pm

*cuddles Gwen* I'm sorry honey.

User avatar
Helyn
Super star
Super star
Posts:821
Joined:Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:14 pm
Dolling Style:Tool and Pixel
Avatar Base:http://pyrochan-dolls.deviantart.com/
Location:Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Helyn » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:36 am

Got a letter to say that my gas meter was going to be changed this month and I needed to call if I wanted help reconnecting the gas.
So I called. No answer. Left a message.
Came home to find that they've changed my gas meter today. Now I have no hot water. And it's a long weekend so I can't call anyone out to help without it costing a fortune.
Image
Sig bases by Wayuki

DA account : Blog : Shelfari

User avatar
Ody
Super star
Super star
Posts:1433
Joined:Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:07 pm
AKA:The Zombie Cowgirl
Dolling Style:Tool
Avatar Base:wayuki.nl
Formerly:Odyrah
Location:On the back of my horse, riding off with the zombies...
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Ody » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:23 am

So, my cat's dead. Woke up to find him so. Last night, he started showing signs of something more and I couldn't say what exactly it was but it looked like a really bad cold.
Spoiler: show
Fucking dog. Piece of shit people that can't control their fucking animals or follow leash laws or shit, just be a damn good brother or son, a fucking normal PERSON and knowing when your dumbass dog is an aggressive type that wants to kill and keep her the fuck UP!
Editing for excessive use of language.
Image
ImageImageImage
And Zombie thinks, "glarbh GARBHGL BAARGHL."
I, Jayme

User avatar
Keke
Producer
Producer
Posts:3862
Joined:Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 am
AKA:The Argyle Queen
Dolling Style:Tool
Avatar Base:Duckie
Location:The Kingdom of Argyle
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Keke » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 pm

D: Oh Ody I'm so sorry. *cuddles* Well the good thing is he isn't suffering anymore. But I know it still is horrible.

User avatar
Shixam
Super star
Super star
Posts:3693
Joined:Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:57 pm
AKA:Princess of Pink
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Shixam » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Oh no! Ody, I'm so sorry D= One of my worst fears is losing my cats! You have a daughter right? How's she doing with it?

My rant:

So, I've actually calmed down a bit because I've been talking to people at CSUMB and mom and dad. I'm still a little stressed, though, but it's more because I want to make sure I get the housing application sent in in time, which isn't so bad as earlier.

I called student housing to ask which deposit I pay for North Quad housing, where I was transfers (like me) usually end up. The two options are for East Campus and Main Campus. I assumed I would pay for the Main Campus, since North isn't East, but I wanted to call to make sure. This was when I first started stressing because my actual question wasn't answered. The conversation went like this:

Me: Hi, my name is Tiffany and I just had a question about which deposit to pay. I'm a transfer and I was told transfers live on the Main Campus, right?
Person: Well, you could live on Main Campus, but it's going to be harder since more students live here. Your best bet is East Campus.

So, before I could even get to the, "I pay the Main Campus deposit, right?" I'm told I probably can't live on Main Campus. So, along with the frustration of feeling like I'd been interrupted, I'm now stressing because, "Holy fuck, where will I live?"

Sure, they said East Campus, but East Campus has more requirements. So while I calmed myself down from feeling like I was going to cry, I tried making more calls to find shit out.

Luckily, I am eligible for East Campus because one of the ways to get in is to be 21, which I will be turning in July.

I also found out I definitely won't be able to get into North Quad because one building is being used for other students, which means the remaining building is filling up with remaining students.

No openings for me.

Like I said, the only thing stressing me out now is, "I need to get my application done," because I've learned that one option is already filling up. Even though I was told East Campus would be easier, I don't know how many other students were told the same thing and how many other students are applying for it.

On the bright side, it sounds like it will actually be cheaper.

I just need to wait for my parents to get home now so we can all talk about it together.
Image
My Charm Bracelet
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Gwen
Producer
Producer
Posts:3837
Joined:Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:54 pm
AKA:King of Leopard Print ♕
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:Yzah
Formerly:Blackfyre
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Gwen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Good luck Shixie ): That does sound stressful
Ody I am so sorry. Losing pets is really hard.
*cuddles everyone*
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥

the black dahlia
Celebrity
Celebrity
Posts:343
Joined:Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by the black dahlia » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Blackfyre--yeah. Similar, yet different circumstances we share.
Spoiler: show
My dad had an extremely rough life. He grew up with a single parent, working when he was in his teens to support a household, and he's been shit on most of his life but he's also had wonderful opportunities and made a life for him and my mom and I. I'm grateful, but ungrateful to his ways of parenting. I've always been sheltered, and he now says I'm spoiled. Well guess what, dipshit, that would be your fault if what you say is true. I'm trying to break free and that burns his ass proper. He says I just want to move out so I can do whatever I want , etc. and then affirms that I will always answer to somebody for shit. While yeah, it's partially true, but I hate living with him, I need more room, I hate living in my house I've lived in for 11 years, I need to escape the constant bitching about this, that, and the other. It never ends. He has every right to complain and whatnot, do what he does, but he doesn't care about how that impacts on me, writing it off like "that's how life is, grow up."

But now, all I hear is that I don't do shit, I don't want to do shit, I'm spoiled, I think I'm entitled to a car, etc. etc. which is only skimming the top off. I have different religious beliefs and different attitudes towards life from my dad and oh, the man who lives by the word of god admits he's not blameless and makes mistakes, but isn't afraid to capitalize on mine with the default "I do this because I love you" bullshit to make me think "yes, I should stay under his thumb. I shouldn't want to leave my dysfunctional family. I shouldn't want to separate myself from someone who bitches everyday and takes so many prescriptions to have some kind of quality of life, who's top concern is how our house is always 'filthy, as if n****** live here [my dad is a racist]' and how I don't 'wash a plate or help around the house'." Like regardless of what I do or how I feel, he invalidates me, then we argue, and then he tells me he sees my point and that's he's been there but believes I'm going towards the wrong path. In everything. For wanting to pursue art, for wanting to move out, for smoking, for not being a CHristian.

First off, I am entitled to a fucking car. If parents are supposed to help their kids out of the nest or anything, one thing in this day and age is that the kids need a car so daddy doesn't have to drive around. I asked for one initially while in my last year of high school. I wanted to do dual enrollment. Didn't happen. I was shot down. For the next 3 years I was always told I didn't need a car. I didn't need the expense. I didn't ___ or ___ and now it's "I'm too immature for a car." Well, okay. Have fun with the inconvenience of driving me to work and school and anywhere I need to go lest you hear stories of how perverts were trying to get in my face on the bus or pick me up at stops (who wouldn't want that for their little girl?). I have another interview after work on Monday and one before but he's like "I'm going to treat you how you treat me: Let me see if it inconveniences me!" No. My dad saved up $20,000 for a car for me. He fucked up with the wrong people at the wrong time and got his ass jailed. Then the stupid-crazy amount of $20,000 went to lawyers, bills, etc so we would have a house and some security as he lost his job and dealt with the lawsuit. I never needed a $20k something. I need a vehicle that works but no. NOTHING IS EVER GOOD ENOUGH TO HIM so I have to patiently wait for it. He does provide a lot for me, and he does help, but 7/10 times he's throwing it in my face what he does and I'm pretty sure he thinks I don't deserve shit since "I smoke hash@!!!1!!"

Then, I can't really go 20 mi south and 20 mi north of me for work without a car. But whatever I do in my house goes unnoticed but holy shit--he'll turn around and tell my mom who doesn't live with us that I'm helping and he's proud of me (not anymore since he found out I smoke). My fucking mother is a two-faced nincompoop who runs to me every time she learns I've gone out somewhere like "go home, trust me, jsut go home. fix your relationship with your dad, be nice. help him out. just trust me, don stay out late" and i'm like wtf to learn my dad never complained how i went out, he just mentioned it. i'm tired of both of their bullshit.

like how am i expected to live in these games with a smile on my face? why is it wrong that i want to leave? my mom gives me a fucking sob story and cries her heart out whenever i mention leaving. i'm almost set to move. i'm getting a better paying job and plan on living reasonably within my budget. i'm so used to staying in my room at my computer since that's all i knew growing up and my dad bitches about that too. he worked nights all the time so i never really saw him. im used to being alone but i hate it and my parents dont make me feel comfortable to hang out with. i love them but come on.

i refuse to believe i'm what he says. i am a little lazy, yes. unmotivated. but i do do stuff. i do deserve a means of transportation and every time i bring up "hey this car is like $5500 and you could talk him down to $3600 maybe" it's always "THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE I KNOW SHIT WILL FAIL YOU ARE GOING TO FAIL" in so many words. like i never was granted their blessing to have an apartment while away at uni because they feared i'd run to them like mommy dadddy my roommates dont have money! help! because everyone they know has a fucking worst case scenario and i'm guaranteed to fail, according to their vicarious living.

i need help, advice, anything. i dont know what to do. they try to make me believe it's unreasonable to want things anymore. not little things, but life changing things. im scared and dont know what to do i want to just dip but i have no where to go. we're fucking fighting and he tries to be my friend right after because he knows he's running me off with irrational bullshit and thats not fair. that's a game. i'm a fucking scapegoat and he denies this. i'm so lost.

User avatar
mochikun
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Posts:105
Joined:Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by mochikun » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:14 pm

I was on DA front page the other day (bad decision) and saw the most horrendous traced base I've ever had the displeasure of seeing (not that I see a lot). The neck was horribly connected to the half-assed torso. I took a look at the original drawing and it was a picture from Pixiv. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's when people trace things from Pixiv. It's a complete violation on the original artist, moreso when they don't know it's happening AND they don't ask for it to be taken down. People who trace from Pixiv and think they can get away with it are so disgusting I can barely breathe.

Also, this horrible 'traced base' category in DA is complete BS. Dolling in its original form was NEVER like this. When I see a trace, be it a base, a drawing, anything, getting popular I feel like all the times I suffered over drawing was shat on by someone who can't draw pretending they can!!

User avatar
Parker
Director
Director
Posts:549
Joined:Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:25 am
Dolling Style:Tool
Location:Asturias (Spain)
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Parker » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:58 pm

I think I get what you mean, but I felt the need to add this: I got into dolling in 2005 and most base tutorials told you to trace fashion pictures. I actually made three traced bases, which no one ever used because they were hideous, following them and I'm sure I wasn't the only one*. I know this is no excuse and I'm not condoning tracing. It's just that tracing is not a new thing in dolling. The difference is the impact it has now and how common it's become.

And since this is the rant thread let me add some little rant about it here. I hate how from the inside it's very easy to spot how there are two dolling communities: one we may consider traditional and then the Anime counterpart; yet most people who know nothing about dolling tend to assume that we're all together and that it's our responsibility to stop the tracers.

I believe in educating people and helping in any way I can but I don't consider it my duty to stop people from tracing. They'll stop tracing when it stops being fun for them. I guess that what pisses me off the most is how they're not into dolling but rather into the instant gratification they get from having thousands of faves and lots of silly comments. They're into dolling like they could be into sock puppets if they didn't require much time or effort.

Must be related to their age group, considering that they're mostly teenagers... Ugh, it reminds me when I first joined the community with the cliques, the divas and all the sheep following them around. That's what I always hated about communities in general and I tought we had got rid of it in ours.

*Yes, I know that there were dollers that did everything themselves as well. I'm just stating that tracing wasn't seen as such a bad thing back there.

User avatar
Keke
Producer
Producer
Posts:3862
Joined:Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 am
AKA:The Argyle Queen
Dolling Style:Tool
Avatar Base:Duckie
Location:The Kingdom of Argyle
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Keke » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:24 pm

I am really beginning to hate Sundays. Everyone is crabby in my house on Sundays. I get it, you have to go to work tomorrow but ya know don't take it out on me. I have done nothing wrong to you. I'm just minding my own business asking you a question and you snap at me. It's like "Okay...I'm going to go do homework in my room." Even if I don't have any.

User avatar
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer
Posts:6085
Joined:Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:27 pm
AKA:Batty's Slave
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:dnya.dA
Location:Some place shady
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Phoenigette » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Parker wrote:Ugh, it reminds me when I first joined the community with the cliques, the divas and all the sheep following them around. That's what I always hated about communities in general and I tought we had got rid of it in ours.
I think we just hide it better now
Spoiler: show
Image
Image Image
Image
Thanks Gwen ;)
Bang, baby!

User avatar
Gwen
Producer
Producer
Posts:3837
Joined:Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:54 pm
AKA:King of Leopard Print ♕
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:Yzah
Formerly:Blackfyre
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Gwen » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Parker wrote:I think I get what you mean, but I felt the need to add this: I got into dolling in 2005 and most base tutorials told you to trace fashion pictures. I actually made three traced bases, which no one ever used because they were hideous, following them and I'm sure I wasn't the only one*. I know this is no excuse and I'm not condoning tracing. It's just that tracing is not a new thing in dolling. The difference is the impact it has now and how common it's become.

And since this is the rant thread let me add some little rant about it here. I hate how from the inside it's very easy to spot how there are two dolling communities: one we may consider traditional and then the Anime counterpart; yet most people who know nothing about dolling tend to assume that we're all together and that it's our responsibility to stop the tracers.

I believe in educating people and helping in any way I can but I don't consider it my duty to stop people from tracing. They'll stop tracing when it stops being fun for them. I guess that what pisses me off the most is how they're not into dolling but rather into the instant gratification they get from having thousands of faves and lots of silly comments. They're into dolling like they could be into sock puppets if they didn't require much time or effort.

Must be related to their age group, considering that they're mostly teenagers... Ugh, it reminds me when I first joined the community with the cliques, the divas and all the sheep following them around. That's what I always hated about communities in general and I tought we had got rid of it in ours.

*Yes, I know that there were dollers that did everything themselves as well. I'm just stating that tracing wasn't seen as such a bad thing back there.
^ All of this is perfect. I can't agree more... I also can't actually think of anything I'd add to that other than I also traced (and it was terrible tracing btw) in the beginning. And then it became apparent to me I'd rather be in this community than the anime one, but hey I don't condone them any. They might be like me and move on over here and start trying to do more original based work and I'd welcome them just the same xD
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥

User avatar
OneSmartChicken
Super star
Super star
Posts:2191
Joined:Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:22 am
AKA:Two Piece Chicken Suit
Avatar Base:http://ubiique.deviantart.com/
Location:Florida
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by OneSmartChicken » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:23 am

I have determined that I have atheists who want religion destroyed just might be worse than religious people who want everyone to believe their goddamn religion. No wait, scratch that. Everyone who can't accept that other people have beliefs and need them? They all suck and I hate them. And for that matter, people who get into "debates" and then ignore 90% of what the other person says should be kicked repeatedly in the groin. I've just deleted what recently became a regular, enjoyable hobby because I met so many stupid people that I'm just tired of it. I had a lot of fun, and I met some seriously awesome people. But those few shitheads ruined it. I'm at the point where I'm considering just abandoning this site(not glam, of course. imgur. again.) altogether. I've been on here for over a year. I've had fun. It's changed too much, the once-great community is so heavily populated with assholes that I'm barely enjoying myself anymore. I think I'll just get back into tumblr(I've accidentally abandoned it for over a month now). At least there it's harder to get into pointless debates with stupid people.

Ranting about this made me feel better. I think I'll go on tumblr tomorrow. It sounds like a good idea.

On another note, my mum and her boyfriend/roommate thing(it's complicated) are fighting again(well, she's mad at him; and rightly so, instead of one of her "I'm right you're wrong" things) and she's sleeping out here on the mattress with me which is all fine and dandy except I have nowhere to put my computer because she's got her drink where he usually goes, and I can't actually get out of bed because she's in the way and anyway if I get up the stupid air mattress will probably dump her on the ground. So I probably won't be sleeping tonight. Which is unfortunate cause I'll have to sleep tomorrow because it's gotten to the point where if I try to go more than like 15 hours without sleeping I'm both irritable and liable to pass out at any time. So blegh. Oh well. Sort of just a minor-ish complaint. If our stupid lease wasn't through to November I'd suggest just moving. I hate leases. They're idiotic. I can understand them, don't get me wrong, but dammit landlady, it's impossible to move in november. If we can't find a place around the time the lease is up, I'll suggest just doing a six-month lease or so because the beginning on the year seems like a fairly decent time to move.
Avatar by Ody
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm collecting chicken things. Indeed.

Glam. Kssh. Ksssh. I am your rooster. Kssh. Kssh. Join me kssh on the feather side. -Darth Rooster

User avatar
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer
Posts:6085
Joined:Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:27 pm
AKA:Batty's Slave
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:dnya.dA
Location:Some place shady
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by Phoenigette » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:22 am

OneSmartChicken wrote:I have determined that I have atheists who want religion destroyed just might be worse than religious people who want everyone to believe their goddamn religion. No wait, scratch that. Everyone who can't accept that other people have beliefs and need them? They all suck and I hate them. And for that matter, people who get into "debates" and then ignore 90% of what the other person says should be kicked repeatedly in the groin. I've just deleted what recently became a regular, enjoyable hobby because I met so many stupid people that I'm just tired of it. I had a lot of fun, and I met some seriously awesome people. But those few shitheads ruined it. I'm at the point where I'm considering just abandoning this site(not glam, of course. imgur. again.) altogether. I've been on here for over a year. I've had fun. It's changed too much, the once-great community is so heavily populated with assholes that I'm barely enjoying myself anymore. I think I'll just get back into tumblr(I've accidentally abandoned it for over a month now). At least there it's harder to get into pointless debates with stupid people.
fanatics about pretty much anything are too much. i don't really think it matters if it's religion or anti-religion or politics or pokemon. people need to take more chill pills, seriously.
Spoiler: show
Image
Image Image
Image
Thanks Gwen ;)
Bang, baby!

User avatar
4br4
Gaffer
Gaffer
Posts:2754
Joined:Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:35 am
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:Blood-Cocoa
Formerly:Sweet Raspberry Tea
Location:SoCal
Contact:

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Post by 4br4 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Kind of a small rant, but my mom asks me to take the trash out in the middle of the night (past 9 PM) so it's completely dark, and the coyotes are out.

And it apparently can't wait until morning when it's light. (Even though it's Monday, and Trash day is on Thursday).

Post Reply

Return to “Tabloids”