Director
Director

Diamonds on hand: 123.00
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Dolling Style: Pixel
Formerly: Blackfyre

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Postby Keke » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:40 pm

^^I completely agree with you on that Gwen. I'm usually good about staying positive but lately it's been very hard for me.
Keke
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 1,501.00
AKA: The Argyle Queen
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Gwen » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:49 am

I'm sorry, love. I'm here if you need to text and vent. ❤️
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥
Gwen
Director
Director

Postby Artzygrrl » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Have been feeling kinda crappy these last few weeks, and having a hard time sitting at the computer still. Like, OK I'M 2ND TRIMESTER CAN THIS BE OVER NOW :|

Also I went to see an OB just so I have some kind of relationship with a doctor in case I have to go to the hospital (I'm having a home birth, but if I need surgery or anything happens), and she was SO UNPROFESSIONAL. Like...yeah I don't want to go into details but it was an unnecessarily painful visit and she was SO patronizing. Like, lady, I know exactly what I'm getting into, so shut it and be a real doctor. On the bright side my midwife is amazing so there's that, but I'm still extremely pissed about the way things went down.
Artzygrrl
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 4,306.00

Postby Shixam » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:06 pm

My stupid cat left us so he could pass away :( (We think)

This is the cat I picked out and name and brought to school for show and tell in 3rd grade, and who my parents nursed back to health after he got clipped by a bike when I was in college because he wasn't allowed to die if I wasn't home to say good-bye.

First night of February, my mom looks around and goes, "...I haven't seen Curious all day." And I tried to stay relaxed about it for a bit because we have indoor/outdoor cats and they're usually good at taking care of themselves. And sometimes it does happen where they end up coming back a day later and I kept hoping he'd pop back by the next day. But when he didn't, my mom and I started posting around about him and checking in with the county's animal shelter.

This weekend we kinda decided to accept that he went off to find some peace and pass away because he was getting to be pretty up there in age. I just wish he had picked a spot INSIDE the house, and I still worry that it happened because he got injured while he was out and I wasn't there to help him.

The last cat we had to put to sleep, Opus, I found under my bed with a really bad wound from a fight on his cheek. It would have taken surgery fix, but the vet said the chances of him even surviving that were really low because he had a problem in his kidneys. So my parents decided to put him to sleep, instead putting him through the surgery for him to probably not even live through it, and he was ready to go. And we had him cremated and have his ashes and a little print made from his paw.

And I think the hardest part about this for me is I have nothing like that for Curious. He chose to go off while he was outside, and we don't know where, so I have no closure.

I'm thinking about getting something like a little necklace or charm for him. I found a necklace on Etsy that's just a little cat with a letter on it, but there's also a part of me that wants to believe it's too soon and there's still a chance he'll come back home on his own.

My Charm Bracelet
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 14,837.00
AKA: Princess of Pink
Avatar Base: http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Postby Artzygrrl » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Oh dear. That's so sad, Shix, I'm sorry. :( Animals are precious. I hope he comes back to you soon!
Artzygrrl
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 4,306.00

Postby Keke » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:00 pm

@Shix My cousin's cat did that while we were all visiting our grandparents' house. Her cat crawled under the front porch and died under there. We were able to find the cat and bury it. So I would check under a porch or deck or something like that if you have it. Check anywhere that you might think a cat would crawl under. He probably stayed close to home but wanted to hide.

Hopefully though that's not the case and he's just off having an adventure and he'll come back and tell you all about it. :)
Keke
Producer
Producer

Postby Shixam » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:22 pm

I have thought about the deck thing, because we do have one in the backyard and the cats have been known to crawl under it. It's really low, though, and I'm not sure if there's any way we could really get a good look inside...

My Charm Bracelet
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Postby 4br4 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:27 am

Sorry about Curious Shix, hopefully he'll come back soon. Maybe leave a bowl of water out and their fav toy? Might attract them back, I've heard it works. (Don't leave food tho it'll attract coyotes! D: )

edit: oh yeah has anyone else had that nasty flu going around? I went straight from that to a sinus infection D''x I'm sneezin out my brains!!

tw;
So I have a coworker & I'm keeping this vague obvs but long story short is he has 10+ sexual harassment complaints against him from 3 different women. And one of them is me. : )

He said he was going to complain to the office that he didn't get his 10 (b/c I just told my coworkers "hey 2 hours into your shift go on your 10" (even tho I hadn't had mine & I'd been at work for 5 hours by this point :))))) ) so the manager broke and pretty much said hey buddy you're gonna get fired if you don't step in line
So all night he was all timid n shit and it's like buddy
I don't care if you're going to die if you lose this job
I've been sexually harassed before. The second the area coach comes in, you're gettin' fired buddy. Like I have a back and front written page of shit he's done. I don't feel safe doing night shift & closing shifts with someone who says they want to bang me. Like wtf dude he's 2x my age. Aka 38. Almost 40, and I'm under 20. This is incredibly inappropriate.

Also our GM quit and now we have no GM so I'm on call all week
I work in food service
jfc :')
4br4
Gaffer
Gaffer

Diamonds on hand: 9,524.00
Formerly: Sweet Raspberry Tea

Postby Captain.v2 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:16 am

Holy crap that is really crazy

I have a little story that comes with a good and bad, I believe. So today, just now really, I went to my interview for Six Flags and although I'm very certain I got the job, I still should not have gone what I went through. So there were about 50 other people waiting with me from the time I got there at about 3:30 and mostly everyone was gone by 7:20. I was there for practically 4 hours. 3 hrs in total was probably spent to waiting for "papers to be processed". It's crazy to me because when my cousin went for her interview, it only took about 2 hrs and she was completely done. I still have stuff to do. I feel bad too because we were supposed to pick up my sister at 5 and it was just a mess. Not to mention, it was fine until the sun went down and the temp dropped to like, 45F and I'm wearing nothing but a button up and some pants. It could've been worse, though.

But at least I got the job and the guys I was talkng while I waited to were nice.
Captain.v2
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 120.00
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell

Postby Keke » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:25 pm

I wish I could find a new job already. I hate my current one. :|
Keke
Producer
Producer

Postby Pinstripe » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:18 pm

Ugh, first world problems time, I guess.

So my friend invited me to go on vacation with her and her family in Orlando over spring break. I agreed to go because she's really the only person I know well in the city where I live, and the alternative is staying home doing nothing while she goes to all the Harry Potter stuff at Universal Studios without me. It's not that I won't enjoy the trip, but it's so fucking expensive, and if I wanted to blow a bunch of money I shouldn't be spending on a vacation, it wouldn't be my first choice of places to go. I don't know what my employment situation will be after May and she makes about twice what I do right now. I'm trying not to get pissed about every little expense that comes up, but it's fucking hard.
Dolls by AxxKat
dA//tumblr

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pinstripe
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 18.00

Postby Keke » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:31 pm

I seriously can't catch a break. I am sick again with another sinus infection or it might be the same one. It just teased me for a couple weeks making me think it was gone and then bam last night a couple of hours before I'm supposed to do a video interview it hits me. I think I bombed that interview horribly too which is just the icing on the cake. Oh and I'm supposed to go to a retirement party in a half hour and I feel like shit. Also why can't doctors offices be open on the weekends? I don't want to go to urgent care they're completely incompetent there.
Keke
Producer
Producer

Postby Krahka » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:04 am

My dad died last December and I'm still pissed off about it. It's getting old, the whole being dead thing. Joke's over, you can stop now.
Krahka
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 70.00
AKA: Sahrot Kulaas Se Dov
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Postby Phoenigette » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:21 pm

I'm sorry Krahka :(

On a not un-ironic note, since I read your journal, I'm here if you need to talk. But really I'm pretty fucking terrible at addressing difficult feelings or making people feel better, so no promises that if you take me up on that offer I won't fuck it up. I can, however, reiterate that I'm sorry for your loss. And also that I know how inadequate those words are in dealing with this.

On a kind of related note but not really a rant, I think that pop culture is screwing us over for dealing with loss. It seems like every time a beloved character dies they come back to life. I get that it's better for the comics/movies/franchise, but real life isn't like that. Gives us all unrealistic expectations.

Also, actually a rant this time, would DC comics please stop rebooting? I don't even read them, but it feels like every time I turn around they undo all their plot lines because the fans got pissed and start over.
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 17,188.00
AKA: Batty's Slave

Postby Shixam » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Phoenigette wrote:kind of related note but not really a rant, I think that pop culture is screwing us over for dealing with loss. It seems like every time a beloved character dies they come back to life. I get that it's better for the comics/movies/franchise, but real life isn't like that. Gives us all unrealistic expectations.

Okay, see this is why I'm worried about a certain popular franchise that has its last movie installment coming out next year. Major Allegiant/"Ascendant" spoilers below, if you haven't read the book.
I am seriously not optimistic about where The Divergent Series is going. One of my favorite things about the Allegiant book is that they actually address the "dealing with loss" issue. Most YA series now you get a central couple, they have to overthrow a dictator or whatever, and then everyone lives happily ever after. It doesn't matter how many life threatening situations they get put in on the way, they always end up fine in the end.

And that's okay, really. I love The Hunger Games, for example, but you're really telling me that the main couple went through basically three death fights and came out physically unscathed? Realistically? One of them probably would have died.

And that's what happens in Allegiant. The narrative style switches from solely focusing on Tris's POV, to focusing on both the POV of Tris and Four, her love interest. And as you get to the end, you end up reading Tris's death from her POV. It's the only realistic way she can save everyone, and she sacrifices herself for the people she loves. And then the rest of the book is told from Four's POV and it touches on his feelings about losing Tris and dealing with mourning her. And honestly, as much as it hurt to read a couple I actually did ship getting torn apart, I really respected Allegiant for making that choice and leaving that lesson for the readers.

But I'm worried that the movies won't follow that. Even though I respected it as one of the deeper morals of the book, it sounds like a lot of people were unhappy with Tris dying. So I'm worried that the movies will try to change Tris's fate just for the audience's approval, and it's going to make the movies much more shallow than the books in my opinion. I mean, they didn't hesitate to completely change major plot points in Insurgent, so they're probably not going to have any problems completely ignoring a major character's death.

And it doesn't help that they've changed naming conventions. Most movies like this do a _______ Part 1 and ________ Part 2 deal, but Divergent decided to split the final book into Allegiant and Ascendant. The problem, though, is that there is NO book titled Ascendant in the series. Which means the fourth movie now has no actual source material to stick to, and they can fuck the whole thing up as much as they want, even worse than they have in the last two movies.

My Charm Bracelet
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Postby Gwen » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Krahka wrote:My dad died last December and I'm still pissed off about it. It's getting old, the whole being dead thing. Joke's over, you can stop now.

Hey if you ever need me, message me on Tumblr okay? (I'm there most often nowadays) I'd be happy to sit and listen if you need it. Hang in there Krahka, ily <3
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥
Gwen
Director
Director

Postby mokia » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:09 am

Homestuck finally ended and the end was super disappointing. >[
mokia
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 10,371.00
AKA: Nerdier Than Thou
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Postby Keke » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:47 pm

I have to basically close tonight at work. 15 minutes shy of an official close. And then turn around and open tomorrow. Seriously people. I live a hour away from work. So I'll get home at about 11pm then have to be back at work at 8am. Looks like I'm not getting any sleep tonight. Maybe I'll doll sleep deprived and see how that goes. XD
Keke
Producer
Producer

Postby FingerlickinChickin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:29 pm

HI I'M BACK GUYS. I don't mean to come back and leave so sudden all the time, but I was promoted at my job and I don't have time for fun stuff ever ;n; barely anytime for drawing

RANT: I HATE MY Dgbi&%*^RE&4e62*GI&*r6IB2 dumbA*S SH*T job
I'm a manager and people are always blaming me for all FJLES@*&TEHDIN&*@^#!@*(@ shit that goes on. my boss does not give me time to get stuff done and my only helpers either
1) don't speak english (which isn't their fault, but everytime I give them a task they do the complete opposite....-_-) or
2) couldn't give a shit how I want it done and purposefully ignores what I say
or 3) the owners tell them to do other stuff when I NEED HELP.
and now I get ZERO help on non-load days and the owners are constantly arguing and I get caught in the (*#&@$Q@Y middle of it.
My coworker came in today and gave me this long ass lecture about stuff that "needs to be a priority over everything else", BUT I HAD ACTUALLY TALKED TO THE OWNER EARLIER THAT DAY about this specific issue she told me specifically she doesn't want that and that the other owner who was supporting me in this issue "needs to stop bossing her around, don't listen to him. I do what I want"WTTTFEYGFNLIFESUB WUAWBDJEGRNKMLSOFIDUHFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
(and when I decided to fix said issue, going AGAINST what that owner said, my coworker just. stood. there. talking. and. telling. customers. all .the. stuff .I. was .doing .wrong. I was supposed to be clocked out and gone 20 minutes ago. and. she. just. stood. there.)

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH. And the only person who actually understands that I can't do everything at once might be finding another job....WHY!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

also I wanna get into pixelling again XD
p.s i forget are we allowed to use mild swear words on here e-e
FingerlickinChickin
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 316.00
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell

Postby Kelly Ann » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:22 pm

My parents are two totally different people. I guess I've known this all my life, but today it hit me just how different they are, especially when communicating with me.

My dad thinks he and I are tight. We're really not. He thinks higher of me than I do of him. This is because ever since I was a kid, he's never took interest in what I'm interested in or cared about what I have to say. I'm not saying he has to immerse himself in what I like, but he never really even acknowledged any of my interests growing up unless they were something he was mutually interested in (horses, camping, etc.) If I tried to explain something to him, he wouldn't even listen. Honest, sometimes I felt like I was just a nuisance when I talked to him.

He took a lot of interest when he realized I was developing my drawing skills, he even bought me a nice set of pencils and pens and always bought me sketchbooks. But after a while I started developing my own style and I didn't draw quaint, cutesy things anymore. I got into surrealism and horror and suddenly he seemed to distance himself from it. He would still brag that I had talent because that made me better than his co-workers kids and grandkids, but when it came to actually describing what I drew, he'd always just say "weird shit" while shaking his head.

My mom on the other hand takes interest. She isn't interested in art or video games or the Walking Dead, but she's supportive of what I draw, she understands my love of video games, and sometimes she asks me about the Walking Dead after a new episode.

My mom also understands my love of Pokemon, something my dad has hated for years and actively avoids at all costs. So today, while my dad and I were out, I brought up Pokemon Go every once in a while. He acted annoyed and kept asking what I was doing. I had to explain it five times, each time he clearly wasn't listening. This is evident by the fact that he started talking over me a few times.

When I got home, one of the first things my mom asked was "did you catch any pokemon?" I was kind of shocked because that was the very moment I realized how much more involved my mom is than my dad. That was the moment I realized why I've never been close to my dad. I'm not going to lie, I almost cried because of how happy I was. But as the day went on I started getting depressed because it hit me that my dad just never felt the need to support and nurture his only child's interests. It may sound sappy, but now I feel like I missed out on a lot of things that other kids got to do with their dads.

Damn.
Kelly Ann
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 150.00

Postby AxxKat » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:42 pm

-huggs velly-

damn, our parents sound similar! i feel for ya :(
Check out my shop! || OC Art/ Fashion Blog || AxxKat's Contests!

made by the lovely lex <3

My Charm Bracelet!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AxxKat
Gaffer
Gaffer

Diamonds on hand: 5,048.00
AKA: Dolling Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

Postby Delinya » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:18 pm

Life is so unfair!
I just lost an very good friend of mine, so young and with two small children, and the best guy ever, i mean, he was the kind of person i want to be, and the kind of social worker i want to be, but he will never get to live out his potential, its so unfair!
Delinya
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 416.00

Postby bubblegumribbon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:08 pm

I'm so done I just ashgalkghjagrf

Trying to organize any party is hard enough but trying to organize an engagement party is worse. It's not the decorations or the food or anything so much as it is THE PEOPLE.

Do people not understand that this is a once in a life time event or what? Because I'm having so many people INCLUDING FAMILY making bullshit excuses as to why they can't come. I understand if there's something important like a funeral or a wedding or you're going in for surgery or whatever, and if it was last minute notice I'd understand that too but I've literally been reminding people for over a month that they are invited and to please RSVP and now the RSVP date has arrived and I have a bunch of people making asinine excuses as to why they don't want to come.

It honestly makes me never want to throw another party ever again because I put so much time, effort, money and planning into parties and people who attend always say how the people who declined have missed out but then why is it that when the time comes so many people don't want to come? Are people just recluses these days who would rather not go outside of their houses or what?

I mean I'm agoraphobic and I STILL make the effort to go to people's important events, why? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU DO.

I'm just so upset about this but I can't rant on my facebook since, you know, the people I'm inviting are on there but I mean is it too much to ask that people respond to an invite and save the date? Am I just living in the wrong era?

Please someone reassure me I'm not asking too much because I feel like I'm going crazy here.
bubblegumribbon
Stand-in
Stand-in

Diamonds on hand: 203.00

Postby Pinstripe » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:50 am

I don't know if you've heard what's going on with Southwest right now, but I'm stuck in a city I don't want to be in with no flight to my destination tomorrow.-____-
Dolls by AxxKat
dA//tumblr

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pinstripe
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 18.00

PreviousNext

Return to Tabloids