<rant>Rant Board</rant>

Chatter about anything and everything.

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Postby Phoenigette » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:15 am

I can't find anything about it. What's going on in the southwest?
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 17,188.00
AKA: Batty's Slave
Dolling Style: Pixel

Postby Pinstripe » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:39 am

I don't even know, man, they're having massive system errors and are cancelling flights left and right. I might end up missing my entire vacation because of it.
Dolls by AxxKat
dA//tumblr

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pinstripe
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 15.00

Postby Phoenigette » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:08 am

That's pretty terrible. Ah the wonders of technology. Can you get a flight with a different carrier? I don't remember what happens when a flight is full on cancelled, but I thought you got your money back in the event that you couldn't get a different flight. Might have to stand in line at a service desk for five hours though.
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Postby Pinstripe » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Just as an update, I was able to get there on Delta and my vacation went smoothly after that. Emailed Southwest about getting a refund, so we'll see.
Dolls by AxxKat
dA//tumblr

Pinstripe
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 15.00

Postby Keke » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:05 pm

My soon to be grandfather is a dick. Pardon my language. He has decided that he doesn't want to come to our wedding because he doesn't want to drive that far. He doesn't live that far away. This is also the man that has driven three hours to his son's (my fiance's father) house to stay for twenty minutes then head back home. He shows up randomly at his son's house for no reason. But going to your first grandchild's wedding is too far to drive. The reason this upsets me so much is my grandfather can't be there because he died last August.

I can't wait for the whole wedding to be over with.
Keke
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 1,501.00
AKA: The Argyle Queen
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Delinya » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:15 pm

aw im so sorry to hear that keke :(

a little rant from here, i really dislike deviantarts chat funktion, i mean, seriously, why cant there be like an sound or something to indicate new messages and stuffs >.<
Delinya
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 416.00

Postby Kelly Ann » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:27 pm

My neighbor across the street just died. Well, not just died. His brother found him. He thinks he's been dead since Sunday. I've been taking care of the other neighbor across the street's dogs while they're on vacation, so while I had them outside my mom talked to the brother and stayed with him so he wouldn't be alone.

I ended up going over there when the dogs were happy. The front door was propped open and the wind was blowing and what would have normally been an otherwise lovely summer breeze turned into a breeze of death because the smell of dirty clothes and rot hit me like a ton of bricks. Kept feeling like I was going to get sick but I didn't want to seem rude or offend or hurt the brother in any way but omg was terrible. Normally the smell sticks to you but it didn't stick to me thank God.

And now I feel terrible for not checking up on the neighbor. He was a diabetic recluse and the few times I did try to check up on him he never came to the door. He'd leave the door open all the time but I never went in because he was a sort of back woods hilly billy type and I never knew if he had a gun or not. His AC hadn't been working for 2 or 3 days so who knows if that had something to do with it. It's just terrible that he was left like that for 4 days.
Kelly Ann
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 150.00

Postby Phoenigette » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:24 pm

That's horrible :(. But you can't hold yourself responsible for someone else. As unfortunate as it is, sometimes these things just happen, and you would've have been able to prevent it.
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Postby Shixam » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:54 pm

How can things be going so well for me and still be stressful?

1.) So, in the hierarchy of my theatre, things basically go (from bottom to top): Usher, Concessions, Concessions Register, Box Office, and then Cafe/Bar Tender (we serve wine and beer. Because Napa.) After Cafe, the only place left to go is management positions. I mean, you don't HAVE to work in Cafe to be picked to become a supervisor or manager. They tend to pick across the board, really, (Ushers will be picked out to be Floor Superviser/Usher-B), but as far as non-management positions go, there's nothing "higher" than Cafe. Because of the fact that we sell alcohol from Cafe, it's basically a position you earn. You're not just hired straight into it. You earn it by doing good in all the other positions until the manager go, "You know who would do well in Cafe? X."

Well, I was recently trained for Cafe. Which is a miracle because between me turning in my certification saying I did the online training (about alcohol and it's effects and safety and checking IDs, etc.) and my actual first shift? I worked a concessions register shift...and came up short $100. No one knows how it happened. I was even allowed to go home that night because the manager who cashed me out was so certain it would come up because I've NEVER been that short before. Well, as the days passed and absolutely no count ended up with my missing $100 being found, the verdict was passed that I would be taken off money shifts. And guess who works with money? Yeah. Cafe. This in and of itself was very stressful for me. I spent a good weekend worrying and crying because I was confident they'd have to fire me over $100, or that even if I did keep my job I'd lose my chance to work Cafe and have to wait another year before they trusted me again. It took my coworkers telling me that everything would be okay and telling me stories about times they lost the same amount or times people lost MORE, and they hadn't been fired for it and I would be back on money shifts after some unspecified amount of time had passed.

Luckily, I still got to work Cafe. My managers just had to wait until they got an email from Corporate confirming that I'd done the online training, and for the few weeks until that happened I got mostly concessions and usher shifts, with one or two Usher B shifts thrown in. But they got the email, and then I got two closing Cafe shifts, which I worked with the Cafe supervisor while she trained me and taught me the drinks on the Starbucks end. And then for weeks after that I got Rover shifts (basically, I check each theatre every 30 minutes and make sure nobody's sneaking in alcohol or anything that could break and that nobody's dying), which has honestly been really nice on the At Work end of things. There's a lot of downtime in between rounds, and it can get boring and sometimes I'm able to sit down and read in the break room (especially if it's the end of the night and the theatre is closed).

It's the after work end of things that gets stressful, because along with continuing to maintain the website I did as my Capstone project, I've also picked up two more websites. One is for a City Council campaign in m hometown, and one that I just picked up is for my godmother's VFW Auxiliary group. And on top of having to keep LMP updated and with my Rover shifts not getting off until 6PM when I close, generally my evenings are full of web design work, and when I'm done all I want to do is lay down and read for a quick hour or two before bed.

And, financially speaking, ALL this is really, really good. The library group and the city council campaign are both paying me $25 an hour. And I gave my godmother a flat rate for her site because she just wants one or two pages, so it won't be big. And since I'm Cafe now and Cafe is short on people (and because Cafe is SUPPOSED to be full-time anyway), I'm getting full-time hours at work. This time last year I was down to 3-4 days a week because of school. But this year I'm STILL getting five days and summer break is officially over. And I just found out that I'm making a quarter more than I thought I was, and I'm supposed to be getting a dollar raise eventually, also for working Cafe.

So, financially speaking, my life is improving a lot right now.

It's the free-time thing that's stressing me out. I enjoy reading, yes, but I kinda wish I had more lazy time. It's hard to fit laying around doing nothing, visiting my grandma to work on a quilt, and visiting my best friend on a semi-regular basis before she moves into two days off each week. Which, yeah, is how the real world works, but it would be helpful if I could have a guarantee that I'd have the SAME days off every week. My two days off are consistently Friday and Thursday so far, but I have no clue if or when that's ever going to change because the schedule comes out on a week by week basis because the theatre has to work around whenever we get new movies. So I can't guarantee that I have time to do anything on any given day unless I can get in early enough to ask for a day off.

And as a result I just feel so EXHAUSTED all the time because it constantly feels like I'm juggling so much at once. I don't really have a set routine I can rely on anymore. I can't even really do the "lay around and do nothing" thing because I feel guilty when I'm not using every waking second working on a web design project.

It's like I never left college. I'm still working on my Capstone project. This is exactly how it felt.

And I don't even feel like I can apply to jobs to get a better schedule, because I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO WORK ON A PORTFOLIO NOW THAT I ACTUALLY HAVE MORE PROJECTS TO PUT IN IT!

My Charm Bracelet
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 14,837.00
AKA: Princess of Pink
Avatar Base: http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Postby AxxKat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:20 pm

i'm sorry, shixxy :( i know how that feels and i'm sorry it's been so stressful for you. i hope you get a more set schedule eventually so you can relax more. cafe at that job sounds really stressful <33
Check out my shop! || OC Art/ Fashion Blog || AxxKat's Contests!

made by the lovely lex <3

My Charm Bracelet!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AxxKat
Gaffer
Gaffer

Diamonds on hand: 5,046.00
AKA: Dolling Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

Postby Shixam » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:41 pm

AxxKat wrote:i'm sorry, shixxy :( i know how that feels and i'm sorry it's been so stressful for you. i hope you get a more set schedule eventually so you can relax more. cafe at that job sounds really stressful <33

Oh, it can be. But on the bright side, it can be really fun. A lot of my favorite co-workers are in Cafe. One of them I even went to high school with. We knew each other through some friends of mine that did stuff with the Drama department. So at least it's not all bad.

I just need to figure out how to bring some order to everything x.x

My Charm Bracelet
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 14,837.00
AKA: Princess of Pink
Avatar Base: http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Postby Phoenigette » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:43 am

I appreciate the efforts of many to encourage voters, especially young voters, to get out and vote.

But I am so exhausted by the constant barrage of "go vote!" messages. Among things I don't need in my life is Google telling me to vote every time I open a new internet window. I voted, it's done. I can't wait for tomorrow.
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Postby Naminote » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:30 am

Why is it so hard to find a job? :(
Naminote
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 44.00

Postby Gwen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Naminote wrote:Why is it so hard to find a job? :(

Oh boy do I know how this one feels. The best advice I can give is to not give up and try for anything. But don't be too hard on yourself. Any experience is more experience.
I don't recommend retail but sometimes you have to. God does it suck though, I hate being back in it. /end mini rant
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥
Gwen
Director
Director

Diamonds on hand: 123.00
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Formerly: Blackfyre

Postby Naminote » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:19 pm

Blackfyre wrote:
Naminote wrote:Why is it so hard to find a job? :(

Oh boy do I know how this one feels. The best advice I can give is to not give up and try for anything. But don't be too hard on yourself. Any experience is more experience.
I don't recommend retail but sometimes you have to. God does it suck though, I hate being back in it. /end mini rant
I don't mind retail, but my background is hospitality. I did a job trial at a retail place, though they sold high-end products and I didn't do so well. ><
Naminote
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 44.00

Postby zili-minikincrafts » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:25 pm

I struggled with finding a job over the summer. I had just finished out 5 months of what was supposed to be a year long teaching internship to earn my full teaching certification and I'd get lots of interviews but since my internship started in the middle of the year instead of at the beginning I was told I didn't have enough experience. I worked as a substitute teacher for almost 8 years before my long-term English/Language Arts position became my internship. I taught French a full year before that as a sub but going through all the steps as though I was a certified teacher.

I didn't stay with my previous school because I moved in with my boyfriend to a large city almost 2 hours away. Finally at the end of August I was hired for retail as a key-holder for BoxLunch Gifts (a sister store to Hot Topic that's more geek and fandom based and works to donate meals through the program Feeding America). I was with them until half way through September when I was finally offered an education based job being paid more than double per hour than I was at the mall. I took on a job as a 7th grade writing tutor.

Although I'm thankful to have a job and one in my chosen career field, the school district I work for now has been messing with my financial income. I was promised pay 2 weeks after starting but I had to wait 45 days for my first pay check as they are off set by a month, a detail they neglected to tell me when I signed on as I was also looking for a rental home with boy friend, his nephew, and nephew's girlfriend. I ended up having to drain my backup account which was supposed to be used to pay of my student debt from college (over $30,000 in debt originally) just to afford the house. All the bills aside from rent became due 2 weeks later and again I was supposed to get my pay check but was told I'd be paid 2 checks at the end of the month and my bank account went into the negative (-100+). Finally we found a solution that again payroll neglected to notify me of and it was so simple all I needed was for my school's principal to email them telling them to cut me a paper check instead. So we get that done on the day of cutoff's for paper checks before the Thanksgiving break but i had to leave work an hour early to go pick up my check and get it deposited before the banks closed. I ended up losing an hour of work which equates to $25. Money that seems small to full time contracted teachers being paid $52,000 a year but I get paid as a tutor for the hours I work.

I've been told by my managers from BoxLunch (who are friend and roommates with one of my co-workers now) that there's always issues with getting paid from this school district. One of the reasons for my move over the summer aside from trying to join my life with my boyfriend's is that these school districts were we live now were supposed to be so much better than my last one but I'm doubting that very much at the moment.
zili-minikincrafts
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 128.00
Avatar Base: http://wish04.deviantart.com/

Postby Keke » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:01 am

One of my rings fell off my finger in the snow. I have no idea where to find it. It was a gift from my husband's aunt. Only plus side is it fell off in our yard and I have a general idea where it could be. I hope I can find it in the morning. The flashlight on my phone was not enough light.
Keke
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 1,501.00
AKA: The Argyle Queen

Postby zili-minikincrafts » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Guess who didn't get paid again!!! Guess who's strapping on her stomppin' boots and marching down to payroll office tomorrow to demand a check????

Also boyfriend rant time........

earlier this week the roommate (bf's nephew) asked my bf "what would you do about rent if Ani wasn't here?" He looks at me and replies "I've got enough money I could cover all the finances". Sure its great he's got enough in case something happens to me but what about now? He pays $600 of the rent I pay $600 his nephew pays $275 we split the bills evenly. Boyfriend doesn't have to pay for a cellphone because his mom does that, his mom also pays his student loan. I on the other hand buy the groceries, put gas in his car (and he doesn't even drive me to work, his nephew does so I pay for gas there too and a co-worker brings me home but since I'm on the way to her house she doesn't charge me for gas), and I pay for our dates.... I also have my own cellphone bill and $30,000 in student debt I'm paying off. Not to mention I went negative in my account by $100 just to get us the house we're renting. I haven't been able to save anything extra with all the things I'm paying for and I need a car before spring time so I can get to and from work when the nephew changes jobs and because I have a summer job across town.

It seems to me that if boyfriend has enough money to cover my portion of rent and bills if for some reason I cant, then he should be paying for his own gas and his own groceries...my groceries are expensive enough as is!
zili-minikincrafts
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 128.00
Avatar Base: http://wish04.deviantart.com/

Postby druxy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:05 am

Blarglflargl. I'm trying really hard to figure out how to get into a thing I'm interested in and it's not easy to even figure out what I need to do, much less actually do it. I'm tired and kind of feel like giving up.
druxy
Extra
Extra

Diamonds on hand: 0.00

Postby Blu » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:16 am

Ugh. D: Too much bad shizz going around here! *kicks life* Sorry to hear you guys are having trouble. D: </3

we're all here

Blu
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 268.00
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking

Postby Lolita » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:41 pm

Ugh I feel like shit and I'm having a family crisis. I don't feel comfortable saying what but the combination of that and my depression just makes me want to die.
Lolita
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 525.00

Postby Phoenigette » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Awww, I'm sorry Lolita :(
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Postby Artzygrrl » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:49 am

So, my sister-in-law is getting married. This is my husband's sister - she's 39 and single and has pretty much lived at her parents' (my inlaws') house her whole life. Now, my husband's parents kinda failed as parents (as in they got lucky she made good choices and turned out, because the way they parented my husband resulted in lots of regrettable incidents and prison time for him, so...yeah.)...at least in the raising dept. They didn't really have the best examples there so I get it, but apparently they never figured out along the way that parenting isn't a gift some people have - it must be learned (but anyone CAN learn it). ANYWAY...

So now she's marrying a guy who's 20 years older than her. Her parents are also about 20 years older than she is (well her dad anyway), so this guy is almost her dad's age. BUT SHE'S 39 and he's like, the nicest, sweetest person you can imagine. Very easy going and thoughtful and he just adores my SIL. In my opinion age matters less the older you get anyway. And when her boyfriend came and respectfully asked for my FIL's blessing (which he did not have to do BECAUSE SHE'S 39 YEARS OLD), my FIL gave it sort of begrudgingly. (Again, apparently he doesn't realize he doesn't get a say in this. Or maybe he does and he's being a pill, I don't know.)

We were at their house for Christmas on Sunday and that was an awesome time - except for my FIL being so annoyingly pedantic. Like, I said to Jim (fiancé), "We're so glad to have you as part of the family!" and my FIL says, "WELLLL, he's not part of the family, YET." I don't think he meant that he doesn't want them to get married, so much as he was being...well, annoyingly pedantic. But earlier that evening he was going on and on about how "I just can't see you as a son-in-law...maybe if you were 50, but when you're 59, it just seems weird." And so I said, "Well, he's going to be your son-in-law whether you think it's awkward or not. The fact of that doesn't change just because he happens to be close to your age. And anyway your job as an inlaw is basically to be friends with your adult kids and their spouses anyway, so just think of him as a good friend and be happy he loves your daughter." (I said it nicely, not too bossy I don't think, but he was getting on my nerves lol!)

ANYWAY........my poor SIL still has to live there and she's so fed up with how her parents are treating her like a teenager. They should be rejoicing with her that she's found an amazing person to spend the rest of her life with, and you can just see the joy beaming out of her face. She's SO happy. Instead, her mom's telling her if she doesn't "get with the program" (like...putting the dishes away where my MIL thinks they "belong") she'll be out of the house by the end of the year. (My MIL has what we think is the beginnings of dementia, so she's often irrationally angry thinking everyone is knowingly disregarding her wishes. But my FIL has no excuse beyond being unnecessarily and technical and thoughtless. And by the time you're 59, you probably should have picked up a few things about not being a jerk along the way.)

I really, really, really love and appreciate my husband's parents. For me, and for him, they've been amazing. I feel bad that for his sister (who's never given them trouble in her entire life) they're acting so poorly. If anyone's given them reason to be thankful it's her! - Despite the fact that Paul has given them a grandchild, their daughter has been devoted to them her whole life, and also hasn't made dumb choices and gone to prison like my husband did. (Thankfully he's not like that anymore. Haha)

I'm sure it'll get better. And I try to help them see the reality (that she's a big girl and can make her own decisions) and also that it's really not up to them what happens here, and if they act poorly they'll lose her respect and won't even get to give advice. Hopefully they'll come around before the wedding! And me, well, I'm designing invitations, giving wedding clothes advice, making a GF wedding cake, and hunting for a cute outfit for my little man to wear. I'm the DIL so I just be supportive and maybe they'll catch on. :P
Artzygrrl
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 4,303.00

Postby Phoenigette » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:47 am

If you didn't have some kind of family drama, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be Christmas. They'll get with the program eventually, and then she'll be free!! Unfortunately for your SIL, she'll have to learn to live with a completely new person, and that is a steep painful learning curve.
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Postby druxy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:02 pm

So, my mom's boyfriend's mom is also my mom's friend, and as a result she was over for xmas lunch.
The entire time she was at our house, she did not use the correct pronouns for me ONCE. The entire freaking time. It's not like she doesn't know, because she does. And it can't be excused as a mistake, because if it were a mistake it wouldn't be so frequent. In a lot of other respects she's a perfectly nice person but in this she's just being disrespectful. I'm very angry about it.
druxy
Extra
Extra

Diamonds on hand: 0.00

PreviousNext

Return to Tabloids