mokia
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 10,371.00
AKA: Nerdier Than Thou
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Postby Artzygrrl » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:41 am

Debb, this kind of drama is pretty new for this family unfortunately. And my SIL is very sweet & thoughtful, and so is her fiancé. I doubt very much that they will have too many problems with adjustment. It's really my inlaws that she's had to deal with all this time and her mom has gotten increasingly difficult with her health declining but her refusing to take anything for her pain. My mom made the comment "Well I hope she knows she'll be taking care of him!" when I told her how old my future BIL is, and I said, "Well, she's helping take care of her mom now, at least he'll be NICE to her."

So yeah. Can't wait for her to be out of there!
Artzygrrl
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 4,303.00
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Artzygrrl » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:42 am

:o :o :o MOKI
Artzygrrl
Super star
Super star

Postby Lolita » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:14 pm

My moms talking about putting my cat to sleep. He’s not in good health and he’s misbehaving. T.T
Lolita
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 525.00

Postby AxxKat » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:17 pm

i'm so sorry to hear that, lolita!! :( :hugs: that's a really hard decision to be made.
Check out my shop! || OC Art/ Fashion Blog || AxxKat's Contests!

made by the lovely lex <3

My Charm Bracelet!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AxxKat
Gaffer
Gaffer

Diamonds on hand: 5,046.00
AKA: Dolling Faster Than A Speeding Bullet
Dolling Style: Pixel

Postby Keke » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:20 pm

I am so frustrated with one of my kids at work. He refuses to nap and when he does he wakes everyone else up with either his screaming or constantly talking or running around the classroom. Idk what to do anymore. I have tired so many different things to get him to sleep. It all started when he stopped having a bottle. Now he won't sleep half the time during nap time. I am at my wits end with him. I am so frustrated that I end up crying most days because I am so frustrated.

I love my job but I don't know what to do anymore.
Keke
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 1,501.00
AKA: The Argyle Queen

Postby mokia » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:09 pm

You work at a daycare? What age group is it? That's sounds a lot like my old 12-18 month class. That class almost never slept the whole 2 hrs of nap time. 1 if we were lucky.
mokia
Producer
Producer

Postby zili-minikincrafts » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:37 am

Found out my bf lied. As if we didnt have enough issues already.

I moved in with him after he had an arguement about whether or not I was going to move in. I didn't want to at the time because he had still been saying we were in a casual or open relationship (two different things but he kept interchanging the terms, therefore our status wasn't clear, not like I was ok with either one). I didn't want to come home from work one day to see him with another girl and I was afraid that would happen if we lived together before deciding to be monogamous. We fought he got upset he said "I thought we were past that point of our relationship." Leading me to believe that he now wanted us to be monogamous.

His nephew (again our roommate) in Dec. had mentioned something along the lines of "I didn't know y'all were in an open relationship until he said something last month." Uh what? News to me considering I moved in under the impression that we were finally a couple. **This conversation with his nephew sprang up after we were discussing how I was feeling with my bf completely ignoring me and the only time we spoke was if we needed to cover finances/bills like when I needed to get him the money. And the fact that I was paying for the majority of our bills, bf's groceries, bf's gas even though at the time he wasn't driving me any where and that it had been that way since before I moved in. I felt as though I was just another roommate.

I become a royal pain in the arse over the next few days towards my bf after feeling betrayed about the whole status of our relationship. And of course this is all right before christmas and we have an argument about how he's treated me but i don't bring up the open relationship thing as the nephew had talked me down from it under the assumption that he might have misunderstood the convo he had with my bf. In the end bf blamed me and my "attitude" for ruining christmas and he threatened some dark stuff like wanting to harm himself (lets just say this is now a repeat of our first fight on christmas the year before all because I wasn't as excited about his family's christmas as he wanted me to be). We move on past all if that mess some how which brings us to this past saturday.

I over heard a conversation he had with his adopted cousin who he has convinced to move to our town from Iowa. He refered to me in two ways "the girl i'm in an open relationship with" and "the girl i rent a house with". I was devastated, still am to be honest. So now I know I've been lied to but as all of our discussions and arguements have gone he's going to blame it on me or say he never meant it that way and that it's all my fault. So I have been talking to my best friend about all of these instances and how I feel wronged and tricked into moving out of my parents house (the deal with them was if I moved out this second time there would be no moving back home as there's no space and my last move back home was supposed to have been temporary, a year at most, that turned into a 4 almost 5 year stay). My lease with him and the nephew is over at the end of October and I'm thinking of leaving.

I know have to figure out what I'm going to do for a summer job, how I'm going to afford a car when he promised to help pay more here and there so I could put money in my savings (and he has yet to do so). And how I'll continue to afford all of my other bills like my student loans. I honestly have no idea how I am going to survive. I think once summer rolls around I'll start looking at fall jobs dealing with education (I might have my teaching certification by then) where my best friend lives because we've talked before about being roommates (when her baby's daddy had kicked her and their baby out). She's been rooming with a co-worker for the last 6 months while she's finishing up school so she might need a roommate come the fall. We'll see. If not that then I'm going to have to look into finding building supplies for cheap and constructing my own tiny home on my aunt's property back home since she's no longer moving to colorado and I'd be able to live there rent free as long as I help with the gardening and home schooling of her 4 kids, my other possibility is to become a traveling au pair and that sounds like a good idea too...

Of course idiot me also has this part that doesn't want to let go of this manipulative boy because I've just spent almost 2 years (this june) putting my heart and soul into our relationship that I thought meant more to him than it seems to.
zili-minikincrafts
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 128.00
Avatar Base: http://wish04.deviantart.com/

Postby Phoenigette » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:48 am

That really sucks zili, I'm sorry :( You should take a hard look at the expenses of your current living situation. Essentially, you can finish out your lease with them as a roommate, but you have to make sure that what you're paying for is your business and that you don't continue to cover someone else's expenses. You shouldn't be paying for groceries by yourself, and if your nephew and his girlfriend both live there, it isn't unreasonable to ask them to chip in on more of the rent.
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 17,188.00
AKA: Batty's Slave

Postby zili-minikincrafts » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:58 pm

My current bf did talk to the nephew and his girlfriend about the girlfriend going to find work after next week. She had a baby on Jan. 8th and the nephew has only been working part time at the same company as my bf. Currently bf and I are paying $600 each on rent while nephew pays $275. I don't mind paying for half of bf's gas now since he is picking me up from work as his schedule changed.

We've agreed now that if we go to the store together, as that's the most convienet, he will either have his own shopping cart or if I end up paying for his stuff (like if he needs just a few things where as i'm getting a cart load) then he will pay for dinner on friday nights to cover it. All of this came about yesterday evening and this morning.

Once the nephew's gf starts earning money it should get a tad bit easier but since the original deal for living with them at such a discounted part of rent was that she would do the cleaning around the house and she has yet to fulfill that she will have to get a job. The nephew isn't happy about this situation even though he wanted her to work he's thinking that bf and i are being unfair about it now even though this was the original agreement. If she doesn't work bf is kicking her out, nephew said if that happens he'll leave too which then means that the rent will be split $737.5 evenly between him and I which would be difficult to do on my budget currently.

I know if I were to outright split up with him now our living situation would be too difficult between us and I'd have to find another place to live and I can't afford to break lease. This is the first time my name has been on a lease and I'm also rebuilding credit from a previously financially abusive relationship. I'm seeing this whole relationship status thing now as an easy out, easy out for him if he doesn't want to be with me, and an easy out for me if I choose to find someone to treat me better or at least offer me a comparable living situation. Unless none of that happens by the end of October then I'm just out.

I kinda always dreamed about being a vagabond selling my things and using the money to allow me to travel for a time being until I find myself in a place with new career opportunities. I've wanted to get my writing career restarted and I might just make my way to a place looking for editors or even paper pushers in publishing. As long as I can find wifi and have enought $ for my phone and food I can survive.

I'm still rather peeved off about the whole thing but I'm trying to see the bright side and I'm also trying to view an open relationship as a positive thing rather than a slight. Its difficult but I'm going to have to learn to live with it even if it is just for a short time.
zili-minikincrafts
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby Lolita » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Well to begin with I'm depressed and the voices are terrible lately. On top of that my cat is sick and old. Were talking about putting him down.
Lolita
Celebrity
Celebrity

Postby Keke » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:56 pm

@Mokia yes it's at a daycare center. You nailed it with the age. My kids range from 12-18 months. He didn't sleep again. No one knows what to do. I have asked several other coworkers and they're like I would have done all the same stuff as you.

@Zili I am sorry about what you are going through. That is terrible. I hope you are able to figure things out.

@Lolita just hang in there sweetie. Things will get better. Be strong.
Keke
Producer
Producer

Postby Artzygrrl » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:42 pm

Keke, that's ROUGH! Daycare work is no joke (I'm totally not cut out for it, I don't even like my own kid sometimes. hahaha!)

I wonder if that little guy would do a bottle of water or something at nap time? My nephew had trouble for awhile not wanting to go down without a bottle IN HIS MOUTH. haha. Or maybe a leak-free sippy? I feel your pain D:
Artzygrrl
Super star
Super star

Postby mokia » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:16 pm

If her state regulations/daycare rules are anything like mine, they can't put him to sleep with anything in his mouth besides a pacifier.
mokia
Producer
Producer

Postby Keke » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:09 pm

He's not allowed to have anything in his mouth besides a pacifier.

Another rant: I seriously cannot get a break. I am sick again. This time I think it might be a sinus infection. I hate being sick. I don't think I have been healthy for more than a few weeks in a row over the last year or more. Nothing major, no hospitalizations or anything. My doctor isn't concerned about any of it.
Keke
Producer
Producer

Postby druxy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:50 am

I am so incredibly tired of how normal anxiety is for me. I'm tired of looking at a social thing I'd like to go do, and just accepting that I can't. It's at the point where even thinking about doing things involving new people is exhausting, and I can't get to the point of actually doing stuff. I'm very tired of it and it makes my chest hurt.
druxy
Extra
Extra

Diamonds on hand: 0.00

Postby zili-minikincrafts » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 am

Druxy, I was the same way in college to the point I couldn't do anything unless I knew for sure a friend could be beside me 100% of the time and when we were signing up for a martial arts class she stopped coming after the first week (he own anxiety issues) that I dropped out and refused to leave the house to do anything social for two years. I was eventually able to work my way out about once a month but I started small from an hour lunch with a friend to a shopping trip (3 hours in total) with two other people. Eventually I worked my way back up but like this past year I went to my bf's cousin's wedding I knew only bf, his dad and step mom, and the bride. It was so awkward and anxiety ridden to be among 300 strangers that I walked off during the reception and hid in the parking lot behind some cars to get away from it. Thankfully since I was a mostly unknown no one really came looking for me, bf was to distracted catching up with friends and family he hadn't seen in a while that he didn't miss me. I "escaped" more than once.

Some days are good and some days are bad and somedays I just dont care either way.

my rant today is my work. i'm supposed to have 20 kids in total all day fridays for tutorials but if they are pulled out during gym class they have an assembly today and were told not to attend tutorials leaving me with 5 kids spread throughout the day. Most teachers would jump for joy but I find it to be a waste of my time and the students time as I can't give them the original lesson and must instead give them busy work.

I was also originally given the ok to cancel the day and return home and had called my ride when one of the bosses changes their mind and says to meet with those 5 kids anyhow and my ride (bf's nephew) had just arrived at the school. So I've not only wasted my time, my students' time, but now my roommate's time with nothing to show for it. I'm very aggrivated at the whole situation and the lack of communication because this was all happening last minute rather than planning it out.
zili-minikincrafts
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby Shixam » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:33 pm

So, I get to work today, right? I'm closing Rover, which means I'm doing theatre checks and shit. And as I come into the break room to start eating my dinner, I see the opening Rover is in there and she tells me our alcohol policy has changed.

Previously, we had a three drink limit and everyone who bought a drink had to wear a wristband and they could only have one drink at a time.

So she starts out by telling me they're allowed to have two at a time now.

That doesn't sound too bad. It does make sense, right? We have a limit anyway, so why not let them?

But no. There's no limit either.

And no wristbands anymore, too.

So if the rovers see anyone who looks too young, we have to go over and ID them in the theatre. Because we aren't giving wristbands to the 20-somethings who don't look 20-something.

And all because people probably complained about only be able to have three drinks and shit.

Except now they're going to complain about getting IDed multiple times.

Or because Joe Schmo in front of them is dead ass drunk on too many Lil Sumpins.

And who gets to deal with these new changes during opening weekend of Beauty and the Beast?

That's right. I do. I close Rover tonight, and open Rover Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday.

Whose f---ing idea was this?

EDIT: Oh thank god. The managers have been talking about at least keeping the wristbands so we know whose ID has been checked and who bought their alcohol from us vs. who is trying to sneak it in. Now we just have to worry about the people who have too much to drink.

My Charm Bracelet
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 14,837.00
AKA: Princess of Pink
Avatar Base: http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Postby Keke » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:27 pm

I think my laptop has finally given up. My husband went to use it and he said he couldn't log in to my profile. There is no password or anything. The only way he can get on it is through the guest profile. I haven't gotten anything off of it. I hope I can get my dolling stuff off of it. I'm going to be super sad if I can't. :(
Keke
Producer
Producer

Postby Lolita » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:11 pm

I'm super depressed to the point I'm suicidal. I miss my kitty.
Lolita
Celebrity
Celebrity

Postby Phoenigette » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:50 am

I'm sorry lolita :(
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Postby Blu » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:15 am

Oh, lolita! Is there anyone you can go to for help? Please try to get help, okay? :(

tbh, I've been there, too, recently. I'm seeing a therapist and working through a lot of BS, but it's like things are getting simultaneously better and worse at the same time. I've finally been doing some art again (traditional stuff), but looking at my deviantart page I can't believe it's been 5 years since I've uploaded something? :shock: I'm excited to see people still seem to like my stuff, but it's so upsetting to think of how much time I seem to have..."lost."

I'm currently looking for a new apartment because my rent will be going up next renewal of my lease. It's so frustrating because I am disabled and relying on my parents atm and my dad is pushing me to spend less money while my mom just keeps buying whatever she wants. :evil: She's also refusing to get a job even though she's more than capable. :roll: She's just lazy and my dad always coddles her, then asks me to pick up the pieces, ugh. I know she'd want me to live somewhere safe and, you know, livable, but it's hard to do that with my dad's current income and her incessant spending. -_- It's been to the point where I've actually gone hungry for lack of funds, sigh.

I'm turning 26 on the 23rd, which means - as I live in the US - that I can no longer be on my parents' insurance, which suuuuucks. My dad is supposedly working on it, but I am low key terrified. :|

In good news, I did get a new laptop. :P And I've started seeing a chiropractor. I didn't know how much I needed to see one until I actually went. o_o But isn't that how it always is? Hahaha. Overall, I am hanging in there, but there's a reason you haven't seen me around much. XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

we're all here

Blu
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 268.00
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking

Postby Gwen » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:48 am

I'm sorry to hear that Blu!! I hope everything works out for you ): I'm glad to see you around again though ♥
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥
Gwen
Director
Director

Diamonds on hand: 123.00
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Formerly: Blackfyre

Postby Phoenigette » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:22 am

BLU! Missed you terribly, hope things get better :)
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Postby Pinstripe » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Not really a long rant, but I hate it when I accidentally vomit my emotions at a friend and then worry about whether I'm too overdramatic to function.-_-
Dolls by AxxKat
dA//tumblr

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pinstripe
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 13.00

PreviousNext

Return to Tabloids