The Good News Thread YAY

Chatter about anything and everything.

The Good News Thread YAY

Postby Kitsune » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:02 pm

So I figure we should have a thread to share good news in! Whether it be you finally got that cell phone you wanted, you're getting married, or even anything that's making you feel awesome, feel free to share it!

I'll go first:

I write in my spare time as well as doll. Well when my daughter was born I wrote her a story and I read it to her every night. A friend of mine is a literature professor at a university nearby and when day when we were hanging out at her house I was reading the story to my daughter and she asked me who wrote it. When I told her I did, she encouraged me to look into having it published. Well I hedged and I twitched and I bemoaned about rejection. I have finally decided I think I will send it off to a publishing house. I was in contact with this house before hand and they seemed interested, so I'm going to give it a shot! Maybe nothing will come of it, but I think of it as good news that I'm giving it a shot! The worst that can happen is they say no right?

Also, in actual good news: My daughter slept all night in her crib last night! That is cause for celebration because she normally would wake up at least once and want to sleep in mommy's bed for a while.

Last edited by Dragyn on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Scavanger Hunt
Like my sig? Get one at my shop!

AV by Kali_Sedai/Sig base site down.
Kitsune
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 708.00
AKA: Legen...wait for it...dary!
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: The Good News Thread YAY

Postby Starairi » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Oh, good luck on getting your story published! I've always thought that getting something published, must be really exciting. If I only had the drive to write, maybe I could get published sometime in the future.

I'm going to move this summer, which I'm excited about! Currently I have a room mate that I really dislike. She has no manners or respect for private property. But I'm not going to let this become a rant, that would be for a different thread. :P Anyway, I'm excited to move, but I actually haven't found a new place yet. Hahah...
Starairi
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 171.00

Postby Celeste Elvaholt » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Congratz Kitsune! On both. I have written stories in high school, and I tell everyone I wrote my daughter into existence (because she is exactly how my character's daughter is from my high school stories) but have never gone through the re-write process to make them publisher worthy. You'll do awesome if your lit prof friend is pushing you forward, she sees something awesome. :)
My base withPalurin Face
Celeste Elvaholt
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 3.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Postby Kitsune » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks guys, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Still, it would be kind of awesome.

Kitsune
Super star
Super star

Postby Celeste Elvaholt » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Worst case, Kit, if they say no, there is always self-publishing for Kindle. Also, make sure you get yourself an agent, if they are interested in you (the publisher), if you aren't careful they could have you sign all your rights away, so definitely find someone who is working for you. My understanding is that an agent only gets paid if you do, so it's in their best interest to ensure you the best deal possible. And the whole process sounds a lot scarier without someone looking out for you, but it sounds very awesome thinking about other people reading your story to their kids at bedtime.
My base withPalurin Face
Celeste Elvaholt
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 3.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Postby Shixam » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:58 pm

So, I may be getting a job soon.

I was sending in some more applications today and decided to check the classifieds of the Napa Register online. I saw this position at a hotel in Sonoma and asked my mom how far away that was, she just said "far" and then started to ask me about the job.

Suddenly, she stops and goes, "Wait a minute." She goes goes over to her purse, pulls out a business card and calls the Double Tree we have in town and asks for this guy named Eric. I had no clue what was going on and just stared at her the whole time until she hung up an explained.

She works at H&R during the tax season, and this Eric's taxes this year. He gave her a card and said to call him if she wanted a free vacation. So, I guess she remembered this today when I was mentioning the job at the hotel, and called him to ask if they have any summer jobs. He said they did need more people since it got busier during the summer and that college students were perfect for it.

We didn't know if I would have an interview or not today, so we hurried to get my resume printed out, I changed into nicer clothes and left. I actually had to stop by this printing place since our printer here kept screwing up and then drive to the Double Tree. I didn't end up getting an interview, but he did take my resume is going to give it another person there to look at. I need to call her Sunday or Monday and fill out this application online before then.

So, it's not a job, but it's a start at least.

EDIT: OH! And they gave me this delicious cookie while I waited because he was in a meeting when I got there. Guys, if you're ever staying at a Double Tree hotel, ask for a cookie at the front desk. Seriously. They're delicious. If you're allergic to nuts, then don't because they have nuts. But even if you just don't like nuts, then ask. I don't like nuts, but I could barely even tell they were in the cookie.

My Charm Bracelet
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 14,837.00
AKA: Princess of Pink
Avatar Base: http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Postby Kitsune » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Hey at least you've got a lead on a job, so congrats on that!

Kitsune
Super star
Super star

Postby Gwen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:37 pm

YES. I AM GLAD YOU MADE THIS THREAD. Caps are necessary to show excitement xD
So, earlier this year I came to the bad news I might not finish my degree in the fall as planned so I was devastated and whined for months, and it only got worse when I looked into classes for the summer semester and none of the ones that I needed were there. I wanted to cry, because finishing my degree in the fall was a huge goal of mine.
So, I was derping about the internet when just for the hell of it I checked my classes again... and two of the ones I needed were open and a third was open for the second semester of the summer. Which worked out perfectly, because I have my full load already scheduled for the fall semester! So unless I fail--which I don't intend to let happen-- I will still graduate in the fall.
I'm still ecstatic about this.
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥
Gwen
Director
Director

Diamonds on hand: 37.00
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Formerly: Blackfyre

Postby OneSmartChicken » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:56 pm

That's awesome, Dead! I'm reallyreally excited for you! -clapdance- Very awesome. <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I'm collecting chicken things. Indeed.

Glam. Kssh. Ksssh. I am your rooster. Kssh. Kssh. Join me kssh on the feather side. -Darth Rooster
OneSmartChicken
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 534.00
AKA: Two Piece Chicken Suit
Avatar Base: http://ubiique.deviantart.com/

Postby Kitsune » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:45 am

Oh dead that's great classes opened up for the summer! I'm happy for you!

also good news: My daughter has slept through the night for 2 nights in a row! That makes me do a happy dance!

Kitsune
Super star
Super star

Postby Keke » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:55 pm

My dad and our team won his company golf tournament today. \o/ And I got an eagle all on my own (I got the ball in the whole in two shots rather than the standard four which is par. So I was two under par). *dances*
Keke
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 1,631.00
AKA: The Argyle Queen
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Ody » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:08 pm

That's pretty cool Keke! My step-dad is just now teaching me how to golf, still got a ways to go, but I know what you mean and know I can't do that, lol.

I weighed myself this morning, since I missed the first, and have lost another 6 pounds! I'm now 42 pounds away from my first real goal weight!
ImageImageImage
And Zombie thinks, "glarbh GARBHGL BAARGHL."
I, Jayme
Ody
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 18.00
Location: On the back of my horse, riding off with the zombies...
AKA: The Zombie Cowgirl
Formerly: Odyrah

Postby Keke » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Yay Ody! \o/ That's exciting. I know how that feels, I've lost 34 lbs and I'm 10lbs from my goal weight.
Keke
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 1,631.00
AKA: The Argyle Queen

Postby Ody » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks! I'm excited for myself, this being a total of 80 pounds lost! I needed this for more reasons than one, that's for sure.
ImageImageImage
I, Jayme
Ody
Super star
Super star

Postby Lazzi » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Congrats on the weight loss! I'd like to shed a few pounds too. Hopefully I'll get to do that in the summer when the weather is nicer and I can get outside some more.

In two days, I'm leaving the stressful crazytown situation that is my job and going on a three week trip to Europe: France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden. It's going to be the apotheosis of awesome. :D

Av by FilthyGorguz, MIA :( || Awesotastic sig by Isobel
My DA account || The Limelight Cafe
Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 245.00

Postby Gwen » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:05 am

Lazzi wrote:It's going to be the apotheosis of awesome. :D

You deserve an award for using that. I love you.
Apotheosis. Omg why is that so exciting to me to see people use uncommon "big" words?
Okay outside of Gwen being a weirdo and probably creeping people out (I love everyone I swear, don't think I'm a stalker D: lol), congrats to everyone!! And thank you, I'm excited about it ;u ; and I also might be moving which is great cause I really hate where I live right now. But, there might be some bad consequences to it so maybe not good news? XDD Like, I won't have internet or TV so modding and talking to my internet friends would be so much harder, but I'm trying to find a way to work it back into the budget (this new place is soooo expensive omg. I shouldn't even be moving after I blew all my money on college classes and I don't currently have a job) but hopefully it will turn out for the best. Here's to hoping? ;u ;
Last edited by Gwen on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Gwen
Director
Director

Postby Lazzi » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Dead-By-Midnight wrote:Omg why is that so exciting to me to see people use uncommon "big" words? Okay outside of Gwen being a weirdo and probably creeping people out (I love everyone I swear, don't think I'm a stalker D: lol), congrats to everyone!!

:lol: I don't think you're a stalker! And I like that there's at least one person out there who isn't irritated by my use of five dollar words. I swear I'm not being pretentious. I just like words and language, and since English is the only one I speak, I delve a bit.

Av by FilthyGorguz, MIA :( || Awesotastic sig by Isobel
My DA account || The Limelight Cafe
Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 245.00

Postby OneSmartChicken » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:08 am

Every time I read this topic's title I hear Professor Farnsworth's voice.

On the subject of good news(of a very random variety): I've finally found a roleplay partner who's not illiterate, has decent sized posts, uses male characters(I almost solely use females), is funny and crazy, AND she's just as pervy as me, if not more. She's awesome. I'm very excited about her existence.

ImageImageImageImage

Glam. Kssh. Ksssh. I am your rooster. Kssh. Kssh. Join me kssh on the feather side. -Darth Rooster
OneSmartChicken
Super star
Super star

Postby Ody » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:51 pm

I do too, Chicken! XD GOod news, everyone! You RP? You must share with me.

Forgive Ody as she's drinking and feeling good. And likes to talk in third person. Today is a good day! My mom returns home from being gone for over a month. My daughter LOVES Supernatural, classic rock and told me today she knows just what kind of person her father is and she's ok with it, that I am the one that will always be there for her! And my over weight Chihuahua who is my son, lost a pound, finally! I've been so worried for him. After he was fixed, he shot from 7 pounds to 20 pounds and it's been nearly impossible to get him to lose it. I know a pound isn't much but at his size, I assume it's kind of like me losing maybe 10 pounds, sorta?

I can't believe I typed that without one grammatical error! XD More Corona!!!!!!!
ImageImageImage
I, Jayme
Ody
Super star
Super star

Postby Gwen » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:29 pm

I love you Ody. XDDD
And rping is quite possibly one of the best things ever, imo : P
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Gwen
Director
Director

Postby Shixam » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:04 am

I FINISHED MY VOTING!
I get a mail in ballot since I'll be at school in November, but I had mine here when I got home to fill out. I still need to take it to a place to turn it in, but technically I'm done voting for my first time \o/

My Charm Bracelet
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 14,837.00
AKA: Princess of Pink
Avatar Base: http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Postby OneSmartChicken » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:17 am

Ohmygod Ody you're so awesome. <3

ROLEPLAYING WHEE! I love roleplaying. I just never get tired of it. And now that I'm (finally!) getting a good roleplay in, my art block's finally starting to go away! =D Huzzah!

Also! LEGEND OF KORRA? IT'S AWESOME. This is good news. Old news, but good news. And I just watched episode eight like an hour ago and I WANNA TALK ABOUT IT ALL THE TIIIIIME. SATURDAY, WHY ARE YOU SO FAR AWAY!?

ImageImageImageImage

OneSmartChicken
Super star
Super star

Postby Ody » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:45 am

XD You guys!

I stopped drinking at 6 Coronas, 2 Daiquaris, and 2 shots of Turkey. Wow, headache but that's all i got this AM, lol.

RP, I love doing it. Hard to find the time these days but if I'm really in to it, I'll make the time.
ImageImageImage
I, Jayme
Ody
Super star
Super star

Postby Lolita » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:08 pm

I love roleplaying too n.n I actually have a few decent one's going with partners who aren't abandoning me! Well they all want to kill me but hey at least they reply!
In other news I ordered a wig for a costume this morning. Not all that interesting but the super special awesome plans that I was hoping to tell have been put on hold.
Lolita
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 525.00

Postby Kitsune » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:46 pm

I finally got my daughter back to sleep, that's good news for me!

Kitsune
Super star
Super star

Next

Return to Tabloids