Postby Lolita » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Lolita
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 525.00
Dolling Style: Tool

Re: Patreon?

Postby zili-minikincrafts » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:10 am

I have an account but I haven't used or set it up yet. Deciding if I want to do my art, jewelry, or writings there :/ the decision is difficult and I don't feel right putting all three there either.
zili-minikincrafts
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 128.00
Dolling Style: Pixel
Avatar Base: http://wish04.deviantart.com/

Postby Lolita » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:11 pm

zili-minikincrafts wrote:I have an account but I haven't used or set it up yet. Deciding if I want to do my art, jewelry, or writings there :/ the decision is difficult and I don't feel right putting all three there either.

Aw that's a pity, you should.
Lolita
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 525.00
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Feather » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:18 am

I have an unlaunched page. I feel like people wouldn't support me, so I want to save myself the awkwardness and embarrassment ;A;

zili-minikincrafts wrote:I have an account but I haven't used or set it up yet. Deciding if I want to do my art, jewelry, or writings there :/ the decision is difficult and I don't feel right putting all three there either.

and also you could totally do all three? I think there are plenty more people who do more than one thing!
also found on Tumblr, Instagram and Deviantart

:bob:
Feather
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 220.00

Postby Phoenigette » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:28 pm

I don't ever think I'll get one, though I love the idea of patreon. I just don't churn out enough art to feel like I would make it worth anyone's while. More likely I would just sell individual pieces.
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 18,040.00
AKA: Batty's Slave

Postby ElfMaiden » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:47 pm

I have an account, mostly for my comic, but I'm planning on tying my writing into it more later (because I'm writing in the same setting as the comic). This is the link. I keep changing up the introduction because I don't feel like I've really hit on the best thing yet.

So far I'm covering the supply costs for the comic, so that's pretty cool! I've had it up for about seven months, though, and I do still feel that it's off to kind of a slow start. I think that tends to happen unless one already has a large audience, so I'm still optimistic, and I'm hoping to get the word out about it a bit more this year.

There are people who do several things at once with one account, but from what I can tell, it is usually better to focus. I know some people have made an account for each thing they do, but I'd personally be leery of that, because it seems like it'd be difficult to keep track of.

I'd say you should probably focus on whichever one you're the most passionate about and think that you're going to produce the most regularly. Art or writing sounds like the better bet to me, but I don't know very much about jewelry making! You could probably also start out with a focus on one and some stuff about the others, and if it seems people are more interested in a different one, you could switch. I think if you find a way to tie all three together, though, you could totally do it all at once if you want.
ElfMaiden
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 494.00
Avatar Base: http://bunnystick.com

Postby Feather » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:54 am

Phoenigette wrote:I don't ever think I'll get one, though I love the idea of patreon. I just don't churn out enough art to feel like I would make it worth anyone's while. More likely I would just sell individual pieces.

I FEEL YOU ON THAT ONE

but I do want to make art a career, so after I graduate I might have the time to churn out more stuff so I'm waiting it out : D
also found on Tumblr, Instagram and Deviantart

:bob:
Feather
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 220.00

Postby MelianAlcarime » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:32 pm

I've got one, but I'm not sure what's going to happen. I use it for art, pixel art, and updates from my farm. However, as of the last couple days, all of my pixel art looks anti-aliased and blurry in the posts (and it shouldn't).

Feather, your work is definitely high-caliber enough to engage an audience on Patreon. You should give it a try! I've contacted support about the whole pixel art becoming blurry thing, so hopefully that will be fixed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MelianAlcarime
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 250.00

Return to Tabloids