Refining a tutorial

Call in for a little help!
Holliness
Cast
Cast

Refining a tutorial

Post by Holliness » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm not sure if this could go under the Rehearsal area or here. But since it's just a text tutorial so far, I thought I'd put it here.

Anyways. I've noticed so many new dollers that are confused on DeviantArt. I'm making a Dolling 101 tutorial for them, written in painfully understandable english. I will spruce it up with pictures and color, and probably post it as a news thing too.

For now, I want to make sure I've got everything down. I don't really want to clutter it with "don't do this, don't do that!" So I haven't added notes about generator dolls and other things. I just want the basic... basic basics.

So! Let me know if I missed anything you guys think beginner dollers should know? Or maybe I could phrase something better?
I'm linking out because it's so big... x_x

http://www.text-upload.com/read.php?id=141456&c=9408230

Thank you <3!

Daenerys
Super star
Super star
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Re: Refining a tutorial

Post by Daenerys » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:51 am

First impression, lots of exclamationmarks! :p but that is your style, and if that is what speaks to new dollers, fine.

But you utterly forgot those of us who mutt shade. Which truly is a mix of pixel and tool. But since so few use this technique, it is not a large oversight.

I will read it again later, when i am more awake...
:: To hear with eyes belongs to love's fine wit ::

Holliness
Cast
Cast

Post by Holliness » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Haha xD yeah. Well, I'm hoping to get a sort of voice going in it, so it's easier to read for people... hopefully. I dunno xD I'm planning on highlighting it and such later, so that'll probably help too ;)

MUTT SHADE? I completely forgot. I've only heard the term a few times xD goodness. Maybe I should add that too..

Daenerys
Super star
Super star
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Post by Daenerys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:06 am

You could also link to Caelest's da article about cell shading and pixel/tool shading. I also have an article on the manor about shading. And there really should be a link to the da article about dolling and the dolling category. Again, iam not at my pc, so ill have to read and give yoy the links later on (am in bed right now).
:: To hear with eyes belongs to love's fine wit ::

Return to “Phone Booth”