chromebook software like paint? Close please.

Call in for a little help!
whimzybell
Cast
Cast
Dolling Style: Pixel
Avatar Base: http://www.2blondes.nl/

chromebook software like paint? Close please.

Post by whimzybell » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Does anyone know of a app or software for chromebook that i can pixel and doll with? Everything i found doesn't let you upload bases so its kinda useless. If you know of anything please let me know!
Last edited by whimzybell on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parker
Director
Director
Dolling Style: Tool

Re: chromebook software like paint?

Post by Parker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:49 am

I've been googling a bit, and found this article: Microsoft Paint for Chromebook. It says Chrome OS comes with a file editor, but it also mentions an alternative: Pixlr.

Pixlr is a web app that let's you paint, draw and edit photographs, which means that as long as your Flash is updated you won't have an issue with it. It may lag a bit, but it's better than nothing. If you want to pixel, make sure that you check the box next to "hard pixels", otherwise you will have a pretty weird anti-aliased brush. If the link leads you to an "update Flash" message, make sure that it is enabled in your Chrome settings. That was my case when I opened it before posting here. Adobe released a npte covering how to do this: click here.

Googling for painting software, I found Sumo Paint and PaintZ. This are Chrome extensions, so you need to install them before using them. Some people were not too happy in the comments: apparently Sumo Paint is very difficult to uninstall, and PaintZ only works if you have an Internet connection. I've found pretty good reviews of Sumo Paint, so it may be worth it. That's up to you. Make sure you read the comments in the reviews, do some research before installing anything.

Apparently, there's a hack that lets you run Android apps in Chromebooks. If you know how to make it work, Medibang Pro is a free program, similar to Firealpaca that runs smoothly and has some lovely features. I've been toying with it and I love it. It has an Android app which you can download from here. Other programs that are Android and Linux/Chromebook compatible are GPaint, which claims to be a free MS Paint, and Graphicsgale, which is a pixel art program. LadyHazy Used to pixel on it, and I do recall that she loved it. You can see her pixel work on her DA gallery.

If you don't know what to do, you could try the web apps like Pixlr first. They're free, and you don't need to install anything. You may need to sign up, though.

whimzybell
Cast
Cast

Post by whimzybell » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:15 pm

Thank you so much! I've been playing with pixlr and I think its going to work out pretty well.

whimzybell
Cast
Cast

Post by whimzybell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Pixlr is working really well this can be closed

Return to “Phone Booth”