Doll of the Month July 10!

Oscars given for outstanding Dolls.

Moderator: Phoenigette

Doll of the Month July 10!

Postby Em » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:32 pm

[align=center]This month's winner is Sissors!

Image[/align]
I know this was for an elemental contest, what made you pick water as an element?
I had already started the doll and had gotten as far as the mermaid tail when I realized "hey, I could totally make this work for that contest!" So it was only natural to go with water, because the tail was already there.

There's so many things going on in this doll - what made you pick them and how did you know they'd cooridinate so well?
I'm a very visual person, so I can see the completed doll in my head from the beginning. Going down the list, I just add each item in my head. Either it works or it doesn't. I've already done the doll in my head, so all that's left is to make it happen.

Of all the things going on, which is your favorite?
Without a doubt it would be the mermaid tail that's made out of jeans. I was so proud of myself for that one! I figured it's been a while sense I've done jeans, and then with the base sitting the way it is, the tail was just... natural? lol Acutally... (starting to doubt) it might be the water... I really like the water, too... >.>

Did you use any references or did you sort of wing it?
The only reference I used was for the Golden Snitch. I wanted to get the markings on it, and I didn't remember exactly what they looked like. Other than that, I think I just went with it and figured it out.

If you redid this, what would you change?
Probably the tattoos. I would work on those a lot more and make them a little more interesting... especially the one on the head. It's not really doing what it's supposed to right now... It's just kind of... hanging out. Also, I would work on the Snitch more. And the hands. And the hair. And the fin on the tail... Lol
Av by Hollay

Please do not PM Em for any reason; contact any of the other moderators instead!
Em
Super Star
Super Star

Diamonds on hand: 500.00

Return to Best Doll