Pixel of the Month April '10!

Oscars given for outstanding Pixel Art.

Moderator: Phoenigette

Em
Super Star
Super Star

Pixel of the Month April '10!

Post by Em » Mon May 17, 2010 4:34 pm

[align=center]This month's winner is aerieyena!

Image[/align]

Not that I don't like nachos, but what on earth made you decide to pixel a jellyfish eating nachos? It was a collab with Shannon and Kitsuragi. Shannon had just joined PixelJoint and wanted to pixel something for her account; she made an octopus eating a hamburger. Kit was making a squid eating a corndog and she dragged me into it.

Pixeling isn't your normal artform, did you find it more difficult? No. It's about as challenging as doing a baseless doll, which is something I'm comfortable with. The thing that was difficult was figuring out how to shade the tentacles, I probably spent more time on them than anything else.

Did you use a limited palatte or just however many colors you wanted? At first I had a very very VERY big palette, but the more I worked on it the more I reduced it.

What's your favorite part? The googly eyes! When I originally sketched him he had a very cutesy face, but Shannon and Kit demanded I give him googly eyes and evil features. He wouldn't have nearly as much charm if not for them~

If you could change anything, what would it be? The nacho box. I made it green because I wanted to limit the palette (I had already used the green for his eyes), but I don't like it that way.
Av by Hollay

Please do not PM Em for any reason; contact any of the other moderators instead!

Return to “Best Pixel Art”