Pixel of the Month July 10!

Oscars given for outstanding Pixel Art.

Moderator: Phoenigette

Em
Super Star
Super Star

Pixel of the Month July 10!

Post by Em » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:39 pm

[align=center]This month's winner is ubiique!

Image[/align]

What inspired you to do this scene?
Video games. Lots and lots of video games. Sometimes I played them, sometimes I broke them, but most of the time I just stared at them and went, "gawsh; how come I don't try somethin' like that?" Well, now I have. ^^;

Do you pixel little scenes often?
No. But I'm hoping that, someday, I'll be able to say "Yup. Sure do." And spit some tobacca' on the ground.

Do you limit your colors or just use as many as looks good?
I used to just.. pick a new color everytime. I still do sometimes and the habit stems from being completely annoyed by a palette on my image while I work on it. I know: that's weird. In defense of my laziness, I usually get tired of scrolling back to the palette just to grab a color on larger pieces; Lazy defends laziness.

What is your favorite part of this scene?
I'm actually rather disappointed when I look at this piece. I look closely at the water and I know I did a good job, but when I look at the whole picture, I know I simply overdid the use of cyan/aqua this time. Something needed to be different in the sky and I thought the moons would help, but I failed at that. So, in answer to your question, my favorite part is all the cursing and swearing I did while working on it. Hurr.

What would you do differently?
I'd work a little harder at using some more colors to make the ocean stand out more. It doesn't have the contrast it needs from the sky, and it deserves that.

Thanks! <3
Av by Hollay

Please do not PM Em for any reason; contact any of the other moderators instead!

AmyNatasha
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Dolling Style: Tool

Post by AmyNatasha » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:33 am

This completly deserved it!
[align=center]Image
baseAv
tower 3 room 605 <3[/align]

Return to “Best Pixel Art”