Pixel of the Month September '10!

Oscars given for outstanding Pixel Art.

Moderator: Phoenigette

Em
Super Star
Super Star

Pixel of the Month September '10!

Post by Em » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:44 pm

[align=center]This month's winner is Seira!

Image[/align]

Why did you decide to make a Netherlands pixel?
There was a contest of a friend in which we had to make a landscape in a circle. I thought of doing something unusual with rain and sober colors. (unusual for me right??) so I looked out my window and POP the idea came! Why not a pixel of my country. SO I desided to make it a bit typical and stereotype with cows and a windmill but also clouds that say... any moment you will get wet! and I got carried away :P

Do you feel this is an accurate representation?
It is not a pixel from a photo or something. The windmill is based of a photo though. The rest... It COULD be accurate but it still misses a lot of roads for my idea! I think it is a mix of a lot of landscapes here in a cirkle. But it is ment to be as true as possible for an immaginary place.

Do you pixel often? What do you pixel most?
I do if I can I pixel!!! but time goed more into my school work! I pixel a lot of dresses, roses, flowy and drapy fabrics and lot's of bright colors! And I love to do scenes when I have the time and inspiration!

What was your favorite thing to make?
in this pixel? the coulds I guess! trying to make them look natural and different ^^ and the airplane.. did you spot him??

If you had to change one thing, what would it be?
the grass at the right side! redid it like 15 times! usually I'm pretty good at grass but this time.. nahh... it didn't come to me :P
Av by Hollay

Please do not PM Em for any reason; contact any of the other moderators instead!

Return to “Best Pixel Art”