Base of the Month September '10!

Oscars given for outstanding Bases.

Moderator: Phoenigette

Base of the Month September '10!

Postby Em » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:32 pm

[align=center]This month's winner is Umrae!

Image[/align]

What made you decide to do a pageant style base?
I always see people complaining that they have difficulty to find matching portrait and full body bases for pageants, so I thought "What if there were available sets sharing the same features, proportions and palettes?"

Have you used her in a pageant yet?
No, actually I've never entered a pageant. I wasn't even familiar with that format of doll pageants until this year. I might take a chance next year.
I am working on the matching avatar and full body version of my Gaia Online avatar using it, though.

Do you foresee any more poses :D?
Probably, but not very soon. College and work have been leaving very little free time, and I have some unfinished dolls and bases to finish first. But I usually revise my bases a few months after they were created, add a few more options, fix things, etc.
I also intend to do other pageant sets, with different features and body types (like a chubbier base and a very skinny one).

What part of this base gave you the most trouble?
It was the first time I made a dithered base, ant that was a lot of trouble for me, much more than matching the features. Also I made a few anatomy mistakes on the first version, which were fixed later.

What would you do differently?
I'd have made the palette a bit more contrasting (that part is easy, since I can just replace the colors) since I didn't like the final result, and I also think I should have drawn the toes. I might draw them in the next version.
Av by Hollay

Please do not PM Em for any reason; contact any of the other moderators instead!
Em
Super Star
Super Star

Diamonds on hand: 500.00

Return to Best Base