Base of the Month December '10!

Oscars given for outstanding Bases.

Moderator: Phoenigette

Base of the Month December '10!

Postby Em » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:02 pm

This month's winner is zipple!

Full size

Where did the idea for Ramona come from?
Ramona started off as a face that I pixeled and really liked. The body proportions are definitely inspired by Gummy-Monster's Rima and Mariiii's pear-shaped bases. She actually reminds me a lot of one of my school friends--I thought about naming it after her, but that would just have been plain creepy. D'8

Do you make bases more because you need a base for a doll or more just because you like to make bases?
Ramona was made for other people in mind, not me. I really love making bases, but I almost never use them (Ramona got one use before I released it). I question why this is every time I make base, haha. I think it's partially because I like to play with different body proportions and cute faces, but when it comes to sitting down and dolling, I'd much rather work on something "serious." That or I just like drawing naked people. ;D

How long did each pose take you?
5-20 minutes, maybe. I saved myself a lot of time and grief by doing extra simple shading. XD There's one or two of them that required quite a bit of tweaking and retweaking... I hope they don't still look too awkward. :|

What was the hardest part of making her?
Knowing when to quit. OTL Seven turned into 30 and then I made a goal to beat Medley's 44... then i-it just spiraled out of control.

Have any more poses you're planning on adding? :D
Maybe! But what poses and when they'll be added is also a secret to me. I'm a basemaker without a plan. :bob:
Av by Hollay

Please do not PM Em for any reason; contact any of the other moderators instead!
Em
Super Star
Super Star

Diamonds on hand: 500.00

Return to Best Base