Base of the Month September '08!

Oscars given for outstanding Bases.

Moderator: Phoenigette

Base of the Month September '08!

Postby Em » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:46 am

[align=center]This month's winner is wish!

Tell us, what inspired you to make this base?
Music inspires me a lot. Before I started coloring and making other poses for the base, I was looking through some songs that I had and chose the same song that inspired one of my previous bases. Also, coming up with a name for this base was hard, so I picked one of the words from the song title and named it after that. Looking at the definition of the word I don't think it really suits the base very well :lol:

Is there any reason she has zombie skin? Do you perhaps like that palette in particular, or zombies in particular?
I really love the color palette. It's so different than the regular flesh color that I used it again for this base. Plus I've always wanted to create a pale skin tone after seeing some people making bases with pale skin. I think it's harder to make pale skin than the peachy ones.

Can you tell us a little about the process you took to make this base? Did you start out with a quick sketch, or a skeleton, or did you start with the head and work from there?
I started with a structure figure drawing, which is drawing a stick figure with circles that is indicating the joints. Then I gave the stick drawing some form by drawing in the arms, legs, hands, ect. After that, I outlined the base so it has nice, smooth lines and then color it.
Tutorial <--this probably explains my process better.

With all those different expressions, I have to ask... which one is your personal favorite? Do you have a reason, or do you just like it?
I like the one that has the pink blushes. That facial expression looks so adorable <3
The one that looks a little PO'd is a good one too mostly because it suits one of the poses in the set XD

Looking back on your own work, is there anything you want to change about it?
The legs. I remember having such a hard time trying to figure out how to make the legs look that I ended up having it look like she's floating. Also, the left knee cap looks off. It's facing to far to the left and should be adjusted to the right more. That one knee cap is bugging me whenever I look at the base.

There's also the torso area. Someone commented that it looks a little short and I do have to agree with them. Maybe making it a little longer by a few pixels would do it some good.

Thank you so much everyone! <3<3
I'm glad that you like this base.[/align]
Last edited by Em on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Av by Hollay

Please do not PM Em for any reason; contact any of the other moderators instead!
Em
Super Star
Super Star

Diamonds on hand: 500.00

Postby LadyHazy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:44 pm

Congratulations, Wish! :D

A very well done base. :)
LadyHazy
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 47.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel