Art of the Month June '10!

Oscars given for outstanding Digital or Traditional Work.

Moderator: Phoenigette

Art of the Month June '10!

Postby Em » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:37 pm

[align=center]This month's winner is chewbroccoli!

Image[/align]

I notice you sketch a lot. Is it your favorite medium?
I sketch a lot while I'm at work and on lunch and I can't really lug around a lot of other things with me. So pencil and paper is usually all that I have. I do love sketching more than anything else, though I also use colored pencils and pastels when I have them with me.

Have you taken art classes in the past, or sort of learn as you go?
I took art classes in high school, way more than I should have probably. It's a mixture of the two because I've never wanted to think of art as something to take too seriously. Then it would feel like a job and I would get sick of it. From here on out, it will be learn as I go.

On average, how long does it take you to do a sketch?
A couple minutes if I'm just doodling, but if I like what I see I might keep on going until I have something better. I think that this sketch took a couple of minutes to do.

What is the hardest thing for you to sketch?
Anything that isn't a person. I've always drawn people, figures, those sorts of things.

On this particular sketch, would you change anything?
Now that I'm looking at it again, I kind of want to go back in and color it up. He reminds me of steampunk and that color scheme is always fun to work with.
Av by Hollay

Please do not PM Em for any reason; contact any of the other moderators instead!
Em
Super Star
Super Star

Diamonds on hand: 500.00

Return to Best Digital or Traditional Work