Art/Anatomy stuff? [Partially nsfw, lingerie!]

Any work that is incomplete, and needs a little critique to improve!

Moderator: Phoenigette

4br4
Gaffer
Gaffer
Dolling Style: Pixel
Formerly: Sweet Raspberry Tea

Art/Anatomy stuff? [Partially nsfw, lingerie!]

Post by 4br4 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:16 pm

Ok so I'd like some help w/ the recent wips I have. They're supposed to be a parody of body pillows. And yes I am very aware those are dudes in lingerie, just ignore it if it's a bother pls, it's all on 1 layer as of right now. o.<;;;

Image Image Image

redlines/sketches are appreciated, I'm honestly starting a thread b/c I want to line these in the future (maybe even w/ a non lingerie ver? heEHeHeHeHEHHEehEh;;;;; ) so I need some help to shove me in the right direction lol. I used self-ref but I'm a smol lady and there's 2 dudes and a lady much taller than me so self-ref might be reaaaaaally evident. I think Seb's knees are a bit high.

Anyways yeah if I'm messing up pls do tell me u_u;;;

Pyrochan
Super star
Super star
Dolling Style: Tool

Re: Art/Anatomy stuff? [Partially nsfw, lingerie!]

Post by Pyrochan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:10 pm

IMAGE LINK since it seems to be massive...

Those two are fairly self explanatory.

I know the dudes are wide (by design) but watch you don't crush their torso down. Your main issue with dude 2 is he had a tiny torso and tiny hips crushing it all together making his arms tiny too.

The anatomy on this is also fairly self explanatory, but since we talked about composition the other day this one has some balance issues.

Cos the two points of interest, the hand and the face are so close together they almost touch you have all the interest up there and the rest of that body is a fairly normal pose, arm down leg bent... it would work if her arm wasn't being so full of personality.

This is where I personally might want to crop it up close and do a face/character type illustration and have fun with it that way, OR redesign the body and pose to keep the interest. Perhaps look at how other people handle that kind of thing to keep the balance right. or do something with her other hand etc to make not all the attention on that top corner.

Of course if you want to just make it go ahead, do what makes you happy I just brought up compo cos we'd been talking about it :D

Mod edit to change images to thumbnails! Click on them to make them bigger. :D

4br4
Gaffer
Gaffer
Formerly: Sweet Raspberry Tea

Post by 4br4 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:14 am

>> Pyro you're a godsend, thank you very much!! <3 (I'll write up a reply w/ edits as soon as I can it's like 2 AM r/n haha)

Pyrochan
Super star
Super star

Post by Pyrochan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:06 pm

no problem, you caught me on a night when I wanted to draw but was so braindead tracing someone else's stuff for help seemed like fun XD

and if a mod sees this, how do you thumb? Thumbing seems new...ish... it's been a while since I forumed

Gwen
Director
Director
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Formerly: Blackfyre

Post by Gwen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Pyrochan wrote: and if a mod sees this, how do you thumb? Thumbing seems new...ish... it's been a while since I forumed
Ooh if you go into the full reply menu we have a button for it but you can also use

Code: Select all

[thumbnail] [/thumbnail]
instead of an image tag for large images ♥ that way it just makes it smaller and easier to view when you click on it. :D
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥

Pyrochan
Super star
Super star

Post by Pyrochan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:43 pm

genius, thanks!

Return to “Rehearsals”