My Return To the Dolling World

Your first stop, tell a little about yourself, show what you can do!

Moderator: AxxKat

My Return To the Dolling World

Postby ChewyMartinez » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm

Hello everyone. :D My name is Holly (not to be confused with Hollay who's an awesome artist might I add!) but you can call me Chewy or Dizzy. Those are both nicknames I've gone by in the past (Chewy because I love Chewbacca and Dizzy is my photography company name). I'll just start off by saying I've been dolling for.... about 15 years, give or take. I've never been as good as I'd have liked to be but that's never stopped me. Honestly, I had to take a decent hiatus from dolling for the last two years because of personal things. I actually used to have an account here on GLAM but I can't remember the username I had.

Anyways, Now that I'm beginning to settle back into life comfortably, I have recently returned to dolling. Of course I'm so awfully rusty. Certain techniques I had have suddenly left my head but I'm practicing when I can! I feel like I'm slowly getting better but right now I'm starting off small and then I'll try to take on bigger concepts as I go. I just pixel, I don't tool shade. Mainly because I've never learned how to tool shade.

So far here are my three newest pieces that I've completed since I started dolling again a few weeks ago. I work full time so I don't get much time as I'd like to work on them.

(Base by Zipple)

(Base by Radiuhoh)

(Base by Zipple)

Here is some of my older work (and also some of my favorite words honestly):

(Base by Hollay, Flag by me)

(This base I believe was one of the GLAM exclusives)

(Base by Radiuhoh)

Well, there's some stuff about me and some examples of my dolling stuffs. I really hope to get to know everyone here and I'm super excited to be back in the dolling community!
ChewyMartinez
Extra
Extra

Diamonds on hand: 70.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: My Return To the Dolling World

Postby Elaitea » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Welcome back! It's always nice to see a doller return to the community :) RL can be such a pain sometimes and it's sad that you had to stop dolling because of it. But hey, you're back! I'm sure you'll rediscover those 'lost' techniques, especially when you keep on practising. As for your examples: your character designs are very interesting and I really like the amount of detail you were able to put in such small dolls :D And the jeans on the doll with the mohawk are lovely!
Elaitea
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 4,156.00

Postby Artzygrrl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:56 am

Welcome back, Chewy! We're glad to have anyone who comes back from (any length of) hiatus!

Av Base
Image Image Image Image
- My Charm Bracelet -
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Artzygrrl
Editor
Editor

Diamonds on hand: 579.00
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby ChewyMartinez » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:30 pm

Elaitea wrote:Welcome back! It's always nice to see a doller return to the community :) RL can be such a pain sometimes and it's sad that you had to stop dolling because of it. But hey, you're back! I'm sure you'll rediscover those 'lost' techniques, especially when you keep on practising. As for your examples: your character designs are very interesting and I really like the amount of detail you were able to put in such small dolls :D And the jeans on the doll with the mohawk are lovely!

Thank you for the welcome! And yeah even though RL gets crazy, I'm glad to see people are still dolling! My husband and I set aside time for ourselves on our off days so just recently I decided to use my time to get back into dolling while he plays on the PS4. Lol. And thank you! I'm working on my technique for shading but that's still tough for me. I've never been insanely good at shading to begin with but I'll just keep trying to get it down right! Lol

Artzygrrl wrote:Welcome back, Chewy! We're glad to have anyone who comes back from (any length of) hiatus!

Thank you! I'm glad to see you guys are still open!.... and active!
ChewyMartinez
Extra
Extra

Diamonds on hand: 70.00

Return to Auditions