p i n k

Any pixel or tooled characters, made on a base or without.

p i n k

Postby Ceirios » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Hey ; v ;

I've made tons of dolls recently but I haven't posted them anywhere.. I guess now is a good time to post one of them!

b a s e

I'm really happy with how it came out! it's my first time dolling latex (her skirt).

She's going to be one of my new characters, but I need a name for her ; n ;
ImageImageImage
Ceirios
Waiting Tables
Waiting Tables

Diamonds on hand: 61.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: p i n k

Postby CrazyLola » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:16 pm

She is lovely! I love the skirt and the hair! Very cool shading style as well! Great job! :D
CrazyLola
Stand-in
Stand-in

Diamonds on hand: 761.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Postby Artzygrrl » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:42 am

I love her colors! It's not just pink, it's different shades of pink. So fun. I especially love her skin and hair, I think you've nailed them both!

A bit of C/C, if I may (ignore this part if you don't want any):
Spoiler: show
you're on the right track with the palette for the latex skirt. I think some reference pictures would help you here...latex has this particular way of creating stretch-folds across any distance it spans (like across the area between the legs), and it reflects light very easily/shows tension really well, so those folds are likely to have some bright highlights. Don't be afraid to go high-contrast with the highlights, because latex is one of the only things that actually looks just right with high-contrast folds. See the doll of mine below that has latex to see what I mean - the top part of the shirt, as you can see, is made of latex. The folds are VERY high-contrast.
(base by Zappy
I think you're definitely on the right track. Just a bit more reference-hunting for the right value shapes and you'll have it, I think.
Also, you may want to make that shoe (the one we can see the side of) a bit longer, I think her foot looks a little too short at the moment. The foot of the base might end there, but the shoes need to be a bit bigger than the foot. :)

Av Base
Image Image Image Image
- My Charm Bracelet -
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Artzygrrl
Editor
Editor

Diamonds on hand: 579.00
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Blu » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:34 pm

You've been making dolls but haven't been posting them?? ; A; She turned out awesome!!! I really like her hair and how it pops. Her clothes turned out really well! I like the simplistic shading you did on the base, and just her face/head/hair in general. She's such a cutie.

Keep it up and start posting more. :bob: I'd love to see. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

we're all here

Blu
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 355.00
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking

Postby Elaitea » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Oh, I love how you managed to make her all pink without making her look boring! The base editing/shading is great: for some reason, I really like the effect of the dark outline of the base, compared with the minimalistic shading style. The glasses are fun, her hair looks soft and the top has an interesting design.
Nice doll!
Elaitea
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 4,156.00

Postby MelianAlcarime » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 pm

I'm going to echo the comments about being able to make an all-pink doll pop rather than lay flat on the page. I am digging the shading style you used on the hair, and those glasses really go well with that hairstyle and top! :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MelianAlcarime
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 250.00

Postby AxxKat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:05 pm

...*continues the echo of comments about all pink doll popping well* hahaha i really love the design on this, and the shading of the skin from the darker pink to almost white is a+++
AxxKat
Gaffer
Gaffer

Diamonds on hand: 5,066.00
AKA: Dolling Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

Return to Dolls