Avondval (Nudity Warning!)

Any pixel or tooled characters, made on a base or without.
Elaitea
Cast
Cast
Dolling Style: Pixel

Avondval (Nudity Warning!)

Post by Elaitea » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:49 pm

The solution to drawing a blank while trying to come up with original titles? Make one in your native language <_<

Anyway, I managed to make an entry for StormNicki's Nothing but Hair challenge. Hair is absolutely not one of my dolling strengths and nudity isn't my thing either, but eh, when inspiration strikes, you gotta go with the flow :)

My base.

The multicolour hair was inspired by the 'mermaid hair' trend I've seen around. It was easier to pixel than I had expected? I'm pretty happy with the result. I imagine her being some kind of benevolent spirit that creates will-o'-the-wisps to guide lost travellers out of the marshes during the night.

And for the heck of it: another half-naked person:

Baseless.

It's yet another doll of my character Talyone, who's not too happy about being shirtless (too immodest for his liking; his clan would not approve). This was mainly made to a) show off the amount of hair he has (he usually puts it up in a bun or braids it), b) figure out his body type/musculature and c) make a more detailed version of his tattoos and scars.

Artzygrrl
Editor
Editor
Dolling Style: Tool

Re: Avondval (Nudity Warning!)

Post by Artzygrrl » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:22 am

Oh, these are lovely! I especially love the skintone colors you used on the top one. And mermaid hair is amazing <3 <3 Also, I'm enjoying that grumpy expression on Talyone xD

Av Base
Image Image Image Image
- My Charm Bracelet -
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Elaitea
Cast
Cast

Post by Elaitea » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:50 pm

Thank you so much! That grumpy expression was so much fun to doll :D

Blu
Super star
Super star
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking
Avatar Base: https://www.deviantart.com/loulabeiie

Post by Blu » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:15 am

Aaahhh! <3 The hair both of them is wonderful! I absolutely adore the background on the first one. Did you use colors from the doll or expand your palette for the background? Either way, it's lovely.

The second doll is so pretty! I love the skin tone, and the face is perfect.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
we're all here

MelianAlcarime
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by MelianAlcarime » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:14 pm

So I see you say that hair is not your strongsuit, but your work clearly shows me otherwise. You cannot tell me those luscious curls are not touchable. And that mermaid hair is spot on where it meets the invisible ground, which is definitely not easy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Elaitea
Cast
Cast

Post by Elaitea » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Blu: Thank you so much! :D I'm glad you like the face on the second one! I really wanted it to look good as I haven't dolled a lot of portraits of this guy (certainly not after his design change), even though he's one of my favourite OCs.
As for the background: I did both. I re-use colours where I can and use new colours when they are needed to achieve the vision I had in mind (I would rather use an extra colour than use a lot of dithering - I'm usually not a huge fan of dithering and the texture it tends to create, especially not in my own work). It's my own take on limiting palettes that I've been using for several years :)

MelianAlcarime: Well... Curls are easier to doll than straight hair and I really surprised myself with the other doll (I have no idea how I managed to get straight hair to look so good)? :p Thank you so much!

AxxKat
Gaffer
Gaffer
AKA: Dolling Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

Post by AxxKat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:14 pm

i think i might have already said this, but i can't get over his hair and arm scars and muscle details *drool*
also the background on the first one is absolutely lovely and the hair looks fantastic <3 <3

Return to “Dolls”