2017’s Output

Any pixel or tooled characters, made on a base or without.

2017’s Output

Postby Krahka » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:16 am

2017 was a terrible garbage year and I didn’t make many dolls in it at all so here are all three of them at once.

Base
In the past, base races have been really good at getting me to just make a shitload of dolls, but this is 2017, nothing matters, the past is irrelevant, kill it if you have to.
So this is Zojja from Guild Wars 2. I wanted to doll an Asura on this base because this base already came with the right kind of ears. It was everything else that I had to edit, but we all knew that was going to have to happen. Anyway, it’s super unclear what’s going on with her in the game’s story at this point because apparently they can’t get Felicia Day back to voice her so they’re just gonna not talk about her, I guess? But I love her nonetheless.

Base
Signing up for the Halloween redoll exchange was pure hubris on my part and I’m genuinely shocked that I managed to produce something.
I had this whole idea where I was going to take the story of the original doll by Keke about a southern plantation heiress who hunts vampires and age her up to a Reconstruction widow who’s now full-on Van Helsing. There was also an idea in there that the KKK was full of vampires who were brazenly and openly feasting on the black people who were the KKK’s targets while their fellows cheered and she wasn’t about to let these monsters get away with preying upon God’s own children who’ve already suffered enough at the hands of humans.
I had a lot of plans for this that went out the window when the deadline approached, hence why the skirt is so goddamn awful and bad and sketchy. There was going to be a bunch of hunting tools and trophies on her belt and maybe a neat veil but that never happened.
Oh well, I did a thing successfully.

Base
And this one’s for Pinstripe’s palette contest where Lex and I independently made anthros on the same base, but since Lex is better at this than I, they’re more likely to win than I am. But I got to doll an Argonian and it’s been a while since I went full lizard, and the palette was perfect because she already has those bright neon green bits on her outfit anyway and I needed something with those.
She’s one of my Elder Scrolls Online characters, Gei-Lan, Templar of the Ebonheart Pact, or at least, Huge-Sword-Or-Usually-Axe-But-Axes-Wouldn’t-Show-Up-On-Her-Back-As-Nicely-For-Hire currently in the employ of the Pact until they inevitably decide to fuck her people over again. She hopes to have enough cash to get her and some of her people out of the way when that day comes.
Krahka
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 78.00
AKA: Sahrot Kulaas Se Dov
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Re: 2017’s Output

Postby MelianAlcarime » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:08 am

I wouldn't say "terrible garbage year" based on your dolling output. Though I see you channeling Kylo Ren there... :p

The dolls you created are quality work! That doll for Pinstripe's contest is outstanding (and if I had to vote, I love your Argonian). So many details on such a limited palette... like I've said before, I took one look at that palette and noped right on out of there. But your doll looks like it was meant for that palette. Without reading your description, I would have had no idea that your colors were limited. I don't care what anyone says, that's talent.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MelianAlcarime
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 250.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: 2017’s Output

Postby AxxKat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:13 pm

hell ya super detailed armor <3 <3 all of those dress folds too!!! i think the first is my fav, you used the beige/blue/blackish colors so well together and i think the lil details are the best :D <3
AxxKat
Gaffer
Gaffer

Diamonds on hand: 5,066.00
AKA: Dolling Faster Than A Speeding Bullet
Dolling Style: Pixel

Return to Dolls