I came out of hiding to bring you dolls. :3c

Any pixel or tooled characters, made on a base or without.

I came out of hiding to bring you dolls. :3c

Postby Nightroad » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:00 am

I decided to try dolling again, as the mood struck me during an episode of Penny Dreadful. None of the dolls below are related to that topic, but I thought I would share the reason for my sudden appearance. :)

Base by: thehword.deviantart.com/

A gift for my boyfriend, who was sick today on Valentine's Day. :3 The character featured is my DnD character, Luthien, who is a necromancer.

A remake of: https://nightroad-1988.deviantart.com/a ... -415175823
Which was a remake of: https://nightroad-1988.deviantart.com/a ... -513795441

Base by Autumn Pixels.

A for-fun remake of: https://nightroad-1988.deviantart.com/a ... -513795473
Base by Silindor

Please feel free to C+C, as I feel like I am super rusty in this, haha.... @.@
The only person you have to please is the one you see in the mirror every morning.

Av base by Wish04.
Sig base by Wish04.
Nightroad
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 8.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: I came out of hiding to bring you dolls. :3c

Postby Elaitea » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:39 am

The dress on the first doll is lovely! The folds on it are very nice and the belt with the bow is a great touch :) The make up and hair are nice too!

The second doll has an interesting design. The red tips on her ear and tail are a nice idea, but I do think they could use some extra blending with the white. Right now the transition from white to red is quite stark. Adding a few light reds to the area where the colours transition into each other would make it look smoother and more natural.

Doll number three has some nice details going on! The tassel thingies on her shirt (don't know the proper word for them, sorry), the belly button piercing and necklace all add extra interest to the doll. I love the colour of her eyes as well. It might seem like a silly thing, but it makes her eyes stand out, which is always nice. One thing I've noticed is that you don't seem to recolour the eyebrows to make them match the hair colour. I don't know if it's intentional or not (since dyed hair is obviously a thing), but if you want to achieve a more natural look, I would try giving the eyebrows a colour that is the same as or similar to the hair colour :)

All in all, I have to say that this is nice work, especially since you just started dolling again. Keep it up! :D
Elaitea
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 4,156.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: I came out of hiding to bring you dolls. :3c

Postby Phoenigette » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:28 am

yeah getting back into it! these are lovely dolls, good job and welcome back :D
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!