Anne Rice Boys ;D

Old collabs, finished or locked.

Anne Rice Boys ;D

Postby Moonhug » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:39 pm

[align=center] SO. I thought it would be a blast, a hoot, etc, to organize a collab based off the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.

Using, of course, JungEun by Chama. CLICK

Just boys in this collab, but you're free to do any male character from any of the books, not just the vampires.

Interested? Of course you are.
Deadline for claiming characters is July 31st.
Deadline for dolls is August 20th.

CLAIMED
Lestat - xxliquidrainbowxx
Armand - Mekthx :3
Louis - Vivisect
Ashlar - Raven-Hollow
Marius - Lyricanna
Khayman - Kryshna

COMPLETED

[/align]
Last edited by Moonhug on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
[align=center]Image
[AV]//[SIG]
Be my dolling mentor D:
Anne Rice Boys Collab - Join!
[/align]
Moonhug
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 500.00
Location: Where it rains all the time, and we only drink coffee.

Postby xxliquidrainbowxx » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:56 pm

boo ya!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
xxliquidrainbowxx
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 3,088.00
AKA: Rainbowtastic Vampire
Dolling Style: Pixel

Postby vivisect » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:17 pm

louis plox?
: D
[align=center]Image[/align]
vivisect
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 2,669.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Postby Moonhug » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:38 pm

I never thought of it, but should we do vintage clothing, or modern? I suppose for characters like David that wouldn't really make sense...

Maybe clothes from their life?
I DUNNO.

AND - WELCUM VIVSECT.
Your Louis better be delicious.
[align=center]Image
[AV]//[SIG]
Be my dolling mentor D:
[/align]
Moonhug
Cast
Cast

Postby xxliquidrainbowxx » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:03 pm

i was wondering that same thing. >.< i don't mind doing either but would prefer to do modern since i'm boring like that. XD
xxliquidrainbowxx
Super star
Super star

Postby Moonhug » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Okay, modern clothing, but let's say original hair? :D

How about ONE item from their time period.
That sounds fair, doesn't it? D:
[align=center]Image
[AV]//[SIG]
Be my dolling mentor D:
[/align]
Moonhug
Cast
Cast

Postby Raven-Hollow » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Oh, I would like to try to doll a boy... I've never really attempted... I do have a sketchy doll that I was working on -ish of a boy, but I ran out of steam for it.

If I may, I'd like to call Ashlar (from Taltos).
Avatar: AmyNatasha / Base: Hollay
Signature: Me / Base: M-onday
My DA
To Do List
Doll my OC?
Raven-Hollow
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 5,077.00

Postby Moonhug » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Ooo, Mayfair witches, mixin' it up!
I have a problem with dolling girls.
I'd rather doll pretty boys ~__~

I thought it would be fun to do an all-boy collab though.
CHALLENGE YOURSELF :'D
[align=center]Image
[AV]//[SIG]
Be my dolling mentor D:
[/align]
Moonhug
Cast
Cast

Postby vivisect » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:49 pm

it sounds reasonable, yup

AND HE WILL BE DELICIOUS
i hope
vivisect
Celebrity
Celebrity

Postby Moonhug » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:03 pm

I believe in you *__*
[align=center]Image
[AV]//[SIG]
Be my dolling mentor D:
[/align]
Moonhug
Cast
Cast

Postby xxliquidrainbowxx » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:04 pm

it indeed sounds good to me.
xxliquidrainbowxx
Super star
Super star

Postby Raven-Hollow » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:13 am

I'll see what I can come up with then, thanks for accepting me. :)
My DA
To Do List
Doll my OC?
Raven-Hollow
Super star
Super star

Postby vivisect » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:56 pm

i've seen/heard/imagined/researched several variations of louis's hair (includng a mylittlepony!louis) and well, it's difficult to choose :/

which one looks better?
or would you advise a different hairstyle?
i'm not completely happy with these either but oh wells

i'll edit his face a bit more, too
make his nose less potato-like and stuffs
and as for the pose hmm, tis liable to change too :/
so this is just a hair wip, i guess XD;
vivisect
Celebrity
Celebrity

Postby Moonhug » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:39 pm

I love the last hairline! The only thing I'd say, is make the hair a little longer~ Because, you know, vampires can't cut their hair, it just grows back like instantly or whatever.

And maybe a ribbon in it.

I DUNNO, I LIKE THE LAST ONE.
[align=center]Image
[AV]//[SIG]
Be my dolling mentor D:
[/align]
Moonhug
Cast
Cast

Postby vivisect » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:17 pm

hmm, makes sense :3

should i give him a ponytail or ribbon...how come?
((maybe a ribbon as a headband! *shot*))
vivisect
Celebrity
Celebrity

Postby Raven-Hollow » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Could I ask a favor?

Due to a recent move I'm unable to find my books at the moment, and I'd like to be able to reference what Ashlar's description was. I can't seem to find the excerpt or anything of the like online of where he is described.

All I remember is that he is tall and dark and I thought he would be very hansom when I was reading it. lol.

*flails*
My DA
To Do List
Doll my OC?
Raven-Hollow
Super star
Super star

Postby Moonhug » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:15 pm

THIS IS WHAT I MEAN
[align=center]Image
[AV]//[SIG]
Be my dolling mentor D:
[/align]
Moonhug
Cast
Cast

Postby Kryshna » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:41 pm

Raven u suck cuz that's the one I woulda called... If ur gonna do him right your gonna need to edit the base to make him much taller than the rest of the boys. :) and make him slender and graceful... My books are packed away or I'd look it up for u...but try checking wiki... Should have a description of all the big characters in the mayfair books.

So I wanna do this to challenge myself cuz I'm not much good with the boys lol but there's so many yummyness to choose from I'm kinda stuck.... I remember the male characters from Mayfair better than the chronicles cuz that was the last series I reread lol so I'm gonna do some looking to decide who I wanna do...lol if I pick someone who's not around in modern days I can do original clothing right? (I'd much rather do the Twins...but since were doing boys only...*sigh* lol)
Kryshna
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 155.00
Location: hiding in that dark forgotten corner of ur mind....
AKA: Mistress of the Morbid Muse
Avatar Base: http://www.stvgr.net/dhf/

Postby Raven-Hollow » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:51 pm

I had planned on making him elongated. :) It'll be my first big base edit, so I'll need some help when I start.

I'm sorry I suck. QQ

:P

I'll try wiki tomorrow at work on breaks, see what I can find.
My DA
To Do List
Doll my OC?
Raven-Hollow
Super star
Super star

Postby Moonhug » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:10 am

I'm good at base edits if you need help.
And yes Krys, welcome.

Some ideas for boys from VampChron are;

David Talbot, Marius, Magnus, Memnoch, Roger, etc.
[align=center]Image
[AV]//[SIG]
Be my dolling mentor D:
[/align]
Moonhug
Cast
Cast

Postby Kryshna » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:04 am

*blows my blackberry up* ok so I was looking for descriptions of khayman and memnoch, but my blackberry, which is my only source of net, isn't letting me use wiki. Which is weird cuz wiki is mobile friendly. I keep getting java exception errors. Grrr. So if someone would be awesometastic and get me descriptions of both I'd be greatful lol I'm not finding much elsewhere. :)

(I'm almost tempted to do michael from mayfair. Lol he's a hottie. )
Kryshna
Celebrity
Celebrity

Postby Raven-Hollow » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:33 pm

I looked on Wiki and all I can find is when/where he's introduced... nothing about looks, but I know A. Rice described him in the book...

IGNORE THE REST OF THIS POST, IT'S FOR KRYSHNA. :)

Khayman wrote:Character Biography
[edit] As a human

As related during the history of the vampires related in the book The Queen of the Damned, Khayman was the chief steward in the palace of King Enkil and Queen Akasha of Kemet (now Egypt) circa 4000 BC. Of Egyptian descent[1]. He was tall and strong as a mortal, with very tan skin, dark eyes, and black hair (after being transformed into a vampire, his skin whitened and smoothed considerably).

As head steward to the King and Queen, Khayman was forced to rape the twin witches Maharet and Mekare after the witches incurred Akasha's wrath. Gentle and kind by nature, Khayman was horrified to do so, but was unable to refuse the Queen's demand.[2] From his rape he unintentionally fathered a child with Maharet, named Miriam, who began the bloodline of Maharet's "Great Family" that would later spread to every nation on earth.[3]

When Akasha and Enkil become vampires, they made Khayman bring Maharet and Mekare back into Egypt to find out how their insatiable bloodlust can be mitigated. Maharet replies that the evil spirit now inhabiting the Queen is too large to be contained in her human body; only when more vampires are made (and the spirit thus diluted more and more) will the bloodlust become tolerable. Akasha then betrays Khayman's loyalty and forcibly turns him into a vampire against his will, to verify the witches' claims.[4]
[edit] As a vampire

Angry at his fate, Khayman secretly makes the twin witches into vampires as well, in hope of them one day rising up against Akasha and defeating her. After the twins became vampires, Khayman also makes other vampires to fight against Akasha and Enkil (who now present themselves as the gods Isis and Osiris). His "treason" results in a great increase and multiplication of the vampire population, who created the vampire wars that he dreamed of. Eventually Akasha and Enkil would remain in a trancelike state for almost 4000 years.[5]

Khayman survives into the twentieth century, ultimately forgetting his own origins during his wanderings.[6]

When Akasha is awakened from her trance in the 1980s, she rises and drains Enkil completely of his blood, as he has reached a point of lassitude from which he will never reawaken, and begins tracking down and killing her vampire progeny worldwide. Khayman encounters her by chance in Athens, Greece and, in that instant, he suddenly remembers how he became a vampire and what crimes he had perpetrated in Akasha's name. Discovering that he is immune to her attacks, Khayman follows her to San Francisco to attend Lestat de Lioncourt's rock concert.

Since Khayman has been studied by the Talamasca under the name 'Benjamin the Devil,' he recognizes David Talbot and Aaron Lightner at Lestat's concert. He tells them who he is and warns them to leave because of the mounting danger for them there.

He sees the vampires Mael and Armand (the latter to whom he is strongly attracted, although Armand offers no friendly gestures in return). Khayman advises Mael to shield his thoughts from Akasha, since Akasha can find and kill her vampire progeny through mind-reading.

While Akasha slaughters most of her vampire children worldwide, Khayman accompanies Louis and Gabrielle to Maharet's house in Sonoma as one of the 13 surviving vampires who plan to stand against Akasha in The Queen of the Damned. Here he indicates several times that he believes in Mekare's prophecy of Akasha's doom, and awaits Mekare's coming as he conspires against his former queen.

After Akasha is finally destroyed, Khayman becomes the oldest vampire in existence. He is briefly mentioned at the end of Blood Canticle, when he takes away the fledgling vampires Quinn Blackwood and Mona Mayfair to Maharet and Mekare's sanctuary.
[edit] Powers, Abilities And Personality

Khayman's flesh is hard, smooth and white as marble, and he is no longer vulnerable to the sun's destroying rays. He no longer experiences the blood thirst either, but enjoys the refreshment and clarity it provides. He now has the power to kill humans and animals through telekinesis, but will not take blood from any mortal who has made a friendly gesture toward him, preferring to take only anonymous victims. At 6000 years old, Khayman can also kill any vampires weaker than himself by telekinetically igniting their combustible blood.

Khayman is generally gentle, optimistic, and friendly, inviting mortals to his rooms and entertaining them with poetry, music and conversation, although he sometimes appears somewhat lonely or even shy. Although powerful, he dislikes wanton brutality. He lives by various guises in many different places, and when he stops having fun or feels pain, he fades out and forgets who he has been. Attempts to think back to his origins are painful, and so he avoids doing so, eventually forgetting entirely.

Memnoch wrote:Plot

After stalking and killing Roger, a ruthless but enthrallingly passionate mobster, Lestat is approached by Roger's ghost. Roger's ghost asks him to take care of his daughter Dora, a devout and popular television evangelist, whom he wants to spare from embarrassment. At the same time, Lestat has become increasingly paranoid that he's being stalked by a powerful force.

Eventually, Lestat meets the Devil, who calls himself Memnoch. He takes Lestat on a whirlwind tour of Heaven, Hell and retells of the entirety of history from the his own point of view in an effort to convince Lestat to join him as God's adversary. In his journey, Memnoch claims he is not evil, but merely working for God by ushering lost souls into Heaven. Lestat is left in confusion, unable to decide whether or not to cast his lot with the Devil.

After the tour, Lestat believes himself to have had a major revelation. Among other things, he believes that he has seen Christ's crucifixion and that he has received Saint Veronica's Veil. He has also lost an eye in Hell. He tells his story to Armand, David Talbot and Dora, who have joined him in New York. Dora and Armand are deeply moved upon seeing the veil. Dora takes it and reveals it to the world, triggering a religious movement. Armand goes into the sun and immolates himself in order to convince people that a miracle has occurred.

At the end of the novel, Lestat and David go to New Orleans. There, Maharet returns Lestat's eye to him, along with a note from Memnoch that reveals Memnoch may have been manipulating Lestat to serve his own agenda. Lestat then loses control of himself and Maharet is forced to chain him in the basement of the St. Elizabeth's convent, which is owned by the vampires, so that he will not hurt himself or others.

Although the novel fits into the storyline of The Vampire Chronicles, the vast majority of it consists of Memnoch's account of cosmology and theology.

The novel follows up on claims made by David Talbot in The Tale of the Body Thief that God and the Devil are on better terms than most Christians believe. It also reinterprets biblical stories to create a complete history of Earth, Heaven and Hell that fit neatly with the history of vampires given in The Queen of the Damned.
[edit] Characters

* Lestat: The main character of the story and the past three books, Lestat was created by a powerful vampire named Magnus, who promptly cremated himself after creating his heir. Lestat is a relatively "good" vampire, only feeding on those he deems evil after reading their minds. In previous books, Lestat made the man named David Talbot a vampire by force, an action that went against vampire law.
* Theodora 'Dora': A devout Christian who has a cable TV show. She is very beautiful and charismatic. She is waiting for a miracle to inspire her. Dora is the daughter of Roger. She won't take anything from Roger because he is a mobster. Lestat becomes obsessed with her in the process of hunting her father. Despite the warnings of his vampire kin, he reveals himself to her and she takes it as the miracle she's been awaiting. When Lestat brings her Veronica's veil, Dora starts her own religion.
* Roger: A mobster who runs a successful drug ring selling cocaine. He loves his daughter Dora very much. When Dora's mother tried to take full custody over her, Roger killed her. After his death, he haunts Lestat, describing his own life and commanding Lestat to watch over Dora from then on.
* God: Creator of the universe and all angels. According to Memnoch, He does not know how He came to be and therefore created the universe and life in an attempt to better understand Himself. In telling his account of creation, Memnoch characterizes God as aloof and uncaring.
* Memnoch: The fallen angel of legend. He has long defied God in asking why humans should suffer and not immediately be placed in Heaven. Because of these questions and other actions that he makes, he alleges that he is put in charge of preparing the souls for their ascent into Heaven. Memnoch's domain thus serves as a place of punishment that will eventually earn access to Heaven. He may have sinister ulterior motives.

[edit] Cosmology

The universe as revealed to Lestat by the Devil follows the following cosmology:

* God is a powerful being worshiped by angels since before the existence of matter and time. The Earth was his creation. Because of this, angels spent much time admiring his handywork. However, God does not appear to be omniscient. Despite assurances, Memnoch claims to have changed God's opinion on the importance and unnaturalness of humanity.
* Through evolution, creatures on the Earth developed the image of angels and a "flame" of life which allowed pain and death. Eventually, humans developed their own souls, invisible forces similar to angels. This surprises and shocks many of the angels. These souls collect in confusion around the world in a realm that the angels describe as "Sheol" or the Gloom, attempting to come to terms with their existence. Such interventions cause the tales of spirits, reincarnation and the first vampires.
* The book also mentions the addle-brained spirits that were never human, mentioned in The Queen of the Damned and The Witching Hour. Memnoch explains these as being of two origins. The first is angels that fell in love with certain parts of nature and became the spirits of the rocks, mountains and trees (and therefore did not return to Heaven) and the "invisible ones", incorporeal beings who never interacted with the angels. Neither were ever human souls because both established themselves before human souls developed.
* Memnoch, an archangel, becomes impatient with God's constant assurances that all is well, despite the pain and suffering of life and death. Memnoch vehemently criticizes God's plan, accusing God of lacking vision and benevolence. Memnoch decides to collect evidence to persuade God that humanity is outside of nature by creating physical form. When, as part of this, he experiences sex, God bans Memnoch from heaven; Memnoch spends the next three months imparting his vast knowledge of science to humanity, thus inadvertently founding civilization, during which time Memnoch realizes that the characteristic that sets humans apart is their ability to love and feel passionate.
* When God invites Memnoch to Heaven to explain his disturbance of the natural order of creation, Memnoch persuades God to allow him to find souls who are suitable for Heaven. After thousands of years wandering Sheol, Memnoch discovers an especially powerful group of souls who have forgiven God and appreciate the grandness of all creation. God accepts these souls into Heaven, permanently changing it forever.
* God is highly pleased with the new composition of Heaven, but Memnoch continues to accuse God of not showing concern for the other souls of Sheol. Memnoch finally loses trust in God and demands that he should take human form to understand passion and, in fury, God banishes Memnoch from Heaven.
* While Memnoch is in exile, God takes on a human form, Jesus. God believes that by appearing in human form, performing miracles, suffering and dying, he will create a religion that will allow more humans to attain Heaven by reverence and fear. This is in sharp contrast to Memnoch's approach of attaining purity through love and experience of the wonders of creation. The two confront each other in the desert.
* Memnoch is awed and shocked by God's sacrifice. Nevertheless, he argues that God did not put himself through enough. Unlike a regular human, when God died on the cross, he knew that he would survive and thus could never have known the true suffering of Man. Man does not know his soul will survive and thus suffers. God knew he would survive death and could not truly know what it was to be a human. For God, this complaint is the last straw, he declares Memnoch as his adversary and commands him to rule Sheol and Earth in a devilish form, preparing souls for Heaven in his own fashion.
* Working in Sheol, Memnoch creates a form of Hell, a place where people who have been bad in life, will be punished until their souls are able to understand the joy of creation and the light of God enough to be ready for Heaven.
* Memnoch doesn't like this work and is constantly asking God to appoint someone else to the job (as David Talbot witnesses in the previous Vampire Chronicles novel).
Last edited by Raven-Hollow on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DA
To Do List
Doll my OC?
Raven-Hollow
Super star
Super star

Postby Lyricanna » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:33 pm

can I please have Marius?
Lyricanna
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 36.00
AKA: Encyclopaedia of Useless Information ;.;

Postby Kryshna » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:08 pm

Thanks raven.... Is there nothing about what memnoch looks like?
Kryshna
Celebrity
Celebrity

Postby Kryshna » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Thanks raven.... Is there nothing about what memnoch looks like?
Kryshna
Celebrity
Celebrity

Next

Return to Old Collabs