So you wanna be a Soul Reaper? [ClOSED]

Old collabs, finished or locked.
MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

So you wanna be a Soul Reaper? [ClOSED]

Post by MallowCakes » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Okay, so... I know probably no one here watches this anime, but gigi was doing a Bleach collab so I couldn't help myself. So, even if you DON'T watch it, I promise it's a good idea, so at least give it a glance.

I have began watching an anime by the name of Soul Eater and it is a breath of fresh air compared to most of the anime I've been watching lately. So, I thought, why not? I'll post information on the anime at the end, so you can get an idea what I'm on about.

WHO?

You. Hopefully.

WHAT?

To doll yourself as a student of the DWMA with your weapon in human form. You can either give your doll the weapon or make a pixel version of your weapon as your background.

WHERE?

Right here.

WHY?

Because it's a really good anime and an original idea for a doll.

WHEN?

Right now... until, let's say, December 28th.

BASE:

This one.

SIGNING UP:

Just let me know you want to sign up. If you want to tell me your character's name, weapon type, or weapon's name that's cool too.

INFORMATION ON SOUL EATER:

You are a weapon-meister(<Clickable) at DWMA(<Clickable). Some examples are Maka(<Clickable) and her weapon, Soul Eater(<Clickable). Maka is a scythe-meister and Soul is her scythe. They have to 'eat' 99 evil souls and the soul of a witch to make Soul a death scythe, so Lord Death can use him. Maka's father, Spirit, is the current death scythe, her mother was his meister. There is also Black Star(<Clickable) and Tsubaki(<Clickable). Black Star has Tsubaki who can turn into kusarigami, shuriken, smoke bombs, and the Masamune. There is also Death the Kid, Lord Death's son who has two twin guns. Ox has a demon-lance. Kirikou has gauntlets, one of fire and one of thunder and Kim has a Japanese lamp. So on and so forth. The entire wiki is here(<Clickable). If you want anymore information. Hopefully I've described it well enough and hopefully people will want to join.

PARTICIPATORS:

MallowCakes - Ekirei and Kaimu (Chain Whip)
Spyder - Aki and Tamaki (Crossbow style, with a shotgun underneath)
WassupKiba - Mai and Orochimitsuru (大蛇満) (Sword that extends(grows) and flexes like a snake)
bookhobbit - Keelan and Timas

FINISHED DOLLS:

Image Image Image Image

The Collab:

Last edited by MallowCakes on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:51 am, edited 14 times in total.
ImageImage
[Click things for credits. :)]

----

Avi is drawn by Gabe Elkins.

Spyder
Celebrity
Celebrity
Dolling Style: Pixel
Avatar Base: http://dystopiaforum.crimson-star.net/

Post by Spyder » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Toooooooooooooooooootally in for this!

Character Name: Aki
Weapon Name: Tamaki
Weapon Type: Crossbow style but with a shotgun underneath

Might I suggest this base?

MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by MallowCakes » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:30 pm

Spyder wrote:Toooooooooooooooooootally in for this!

Character Name: Aki
Weapon Name: Tamaki
Weapon Type: Crossbow style but with a shotgun underneath

Might I suggest this base?
Oh, I like, I'll add you to the list. Also, weirdest thing, I was just looking at this base before I went to bed last night and was thinking it would be awesome to use for this. I think we should actually. Yep. I'm going to post it as that. The only thing I'm concerned about is them holding their weapons, but we'll figure something out.
Last edited by MallowCakes on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

----

WassupKiba
Super star
Super star
AKA: BANZAAAIIIII

Post by WassupKiba » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:39 pm

you better count me in! :3

Character Name: Mai
Weapon Name: Orochimitsuru (大蛇満)
Weapon Type: Sword that extends(grows) and flexs like a snake

MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by MallowCakes » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:31 am

Just telling you guys about the change I made in the collab in case it's harder for you to make the weapon in the dolls hand.
WHAT?

To doll yourself as a student of the DWMA with your weapon in human form. You can either give your doll the weapon or make a pixel version of your weapon as your background.
ImageImage

----

Spyder
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Spyder » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:54 am

Ooh I like the new twist... Should we provide descriptions of human form weapons?

I went to bed last night and realised that Tamaki would actually be REALLY slow, as both weapons are slow loaders.

MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by MallowCakes » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:14 am

Spyder wrote:Ooh I like the new twist... Should we provide descriptions of human form weapons?

I went to bed last night and realised that Tamaki would actually be REALLY slow, as both weapons are slow loaders.
You can if you want, but it's not needed. Are you dolling you weapon in human form too? I was hoping everyone would. ^_^
ImageImage

----

Spyder
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Spyder » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:21 am

MallowCakes wrote:
Spyder wrote:Ooh I like the new twist... Should we provide descriptions of human form weapons?

You can if you want, but it's not needed. Are you dolling you weapon in human form too? I was hoping everyone would. ^_^
Well, I'm HOPING, with great emphasis on that word, to draw Aki actually holding Tamaki in weapon form, with a faded image in the background of Tamaki in human form... like a spirit watching over her.

This does of course depend on if I get time. Failing that, I'll probably draw them both regardless. I'm always a bit ambitious when I start something like this.

MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by MallowCakes » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:24 am

Spyder wrote:
MallowCakes wrote:

Well, I'm HOPING, with great emphasis on that word, to draw Aki actually holding Tamaki in weapon form, with a faded image in the background of Tamaki in human form... like a spirit watching over her.

This does of course depend on if I get time. Failing that, I'll probably draw them both regardless. I'm always a bit ambitious when I start something like this.
I actually totally understand what you mean!! Lol. Well, then no you don't have to post a description, but you can if you want. Lol. ^_^
ImageImage

----

Spyder
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Spyder » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:33 am

Are we decided that will be the base? If we have, then I've got no problem starting now... If I start with it fresh in my mind, I'll easily make my target.

If not, I'll post a description anyway =)

Aki: Ginger red hair, ringlet/curly style, usually pulled back into a high pony with some decorative clip holding it back. Blunt edge frindge/bangs. Teal-green eyes. Pale skin. Freckles. Often wears some combination of teal, black and silver, with platform shoes. NEVER heels. Almost lolita-esque style but not quite - Likes skirts over jeans.

Tamaki: J-rock sort of image. Platinum blonde and chocolate brown coloured hair, usually spiked in some style, but also wears down. Very similar style of clothing to the image too, with colour scheme of black, white and red. (more white and red than black). Long pointed finger nails.

And thats pretty much it!

MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by MallowCakes » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:38 am

Spyder wrote:Are we decided that will be the base? If we have, then I've got no problem starting now... If I start with it fresh in my mind, I'll easily make my target.

If not, I'll post a description anyway =)

Aki: Ginger red hair, ringlet/curly style, usually pulled back into a high pony with some decorative clip holding it back. Blunt edge frindge/bangs. Teal-green eyes. Pale skin. Freckles. Often wears some combination of teal, black and silver, with platform shoes. NEVER heels. Almost lolita-esque style but not quite - Likes skirts over jeans.

Tamaki: J-rock sort of image. Platinum blonde and chocolate brown coloured hair, usually spiked in some style, but also wears down. Very similar style of clothing to the image too, with colour scheme of black, white and red. (more white and red than black). Long pointed finger nails.

And thats pretty much it!
Ooo. I like the description. I've yet to throw mine together and yeah, I'll go with that base since I seen it and liked it and then you mentioned it, I figured why not. :D That's the reason I said if need be we can pixel the weapons behind them b/c I don't know if I can use that base and put a weapon in it's hand. So i fixed both of my problems. LOL!!
ImageImage

----

Spyder
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Spyder » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:19 am

I've done a few base edits of the base, and have sent them to the email provided for the site owner as they say in their terms of use that edits are welcomed and has requested edits be sent over... Lets hope they like them! They're all sorta weapon style poses so should be lovely for this.

MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by MallowCakes » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:30 pm

Oooo. I'm excited!!! I hope she gets back to you!! :D

Here's mine so far. It's not shaded yet, but I've got the outlines fo clothes done.
ImageImage

----

Spyder
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Spyder » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:23 am

MallowCakes wrote:Oooo. I'm excited!!! I hope she gets back to you!! :D
Wow! I really like them =)

Had an email back saying she liked them! Hopefully they get posted soon. I'm using one of them for Aki, and probably going to do some kind of edit for Tam too, though he could be difficult. How to draw someone that sure of themselves...?

I'll figure it out XD Did draw weapon form though!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image-Image

My DevArt
AV graffitied by Phoenigette

MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by MallowCakes » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:16 am

Yey, I hope she posts them soon too, even though I'm done with my dolls. Lol. ^_^ I can't wait to see what you have so far. I've got my dolls completely done.

I was so excited they just came right out. The chain whip was hard to pixel though. Lol.
ImageImage

----

Spyder
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Spyder » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Mallowcakes they're gorgeous! Which one is meister and which is weapon? The chain looks really good, though I can understand why it'd be hard to pixel. Metallics are NOT fun D=

Here's my WIP image. Meister on left, weapon on right =3

As you can see.. Tamaki has clothing issues.

My DevArt

MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by MallowCakes » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:46 pm

Buh!! I LOVE them both. I love the everything!!! Lol. That is awesome! I love the crossbow.

Also, thank you. The one on the left is the meister. I put chains on the weapons pants. Lol. Chain whip. :D And thanks on the chain whip too. That thing made me wanna punch stuff while I was doing it. Lol.
ImageImage

----

Spyder
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Spyder » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Another WIP

As you can see, I've abandoned working on Aki at the moment and favoured Tamaki, who now has clothes and I'm fairly sure he's done.... Maybe. I think perhaps some more work to be done BUT need to figure that out when it comes to the final pieces. Possibly a scarf and some bling.

I've possibly also been doodling other characters... Like Maka. And Chrona. *cough*

My DevArt

MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by MallowCakes » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

I love the finished clothing. The bottom of the pants are delicious. Yes!!

Hey, nothing wrong with doing Soul Reaper characters. I must know, did you watch the anime before this thread? I find so little Soul Eater fans, I was just wondering. I do so love Maka. I love Spirit the most, I think. And Stien. ^_^
ImageImage

----

Spyder
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Spyder » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:37 pm

I was in the process of watching =D I'd watched about 15 episodes before you posted this, and have just finished 32. So a few more to go! I totally blame my boyfriend though. He has them on his computer but has not yet watched them, so I started watching them when he got up for works on the mornings. Its his own fault for leaving me with access to his anime. Not clever. At all.

My DevArt

MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by MallowCakes » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Well, good coincidence that I posted this then! :D I'm not all the way through yet myself. I'm actually watching Xena at the same time so watching both isn't going so well. Lol. And his mistake is your gain!!! Soul Eater is an amazing anime. Do you like other anime??
ImageImage

----

Spyder
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Spyder » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:26 am

Oh definitely! I have several shelves in my room that were put up with the intention of being book shelves (books are my poison. Seriously.) but a couple house my anime DVD's at the moment. Lets see.... A vauge list of the stuff I've gone through recently is Bleach, Ouran High School Host Club, Full Metal Panic, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ah! My Goddess, Read or Die and Death Note. There's an awful lot of other shows there too, and about half of the Studio Ghibli films...

I went to bed and had a dream about soul eater u__u I woke up singing Excalibur's song. I wouldn't mind but mum joined in.

EDIT:

It just had to be done.

My DevArt

MallowCakes
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by MallowCakes » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:39 pm

That's awesome!!!!! I don't know a lot of other people that love anime as deeply as I. :D Lol. Books are my poison too, what's your favorite? I like Harry Potter, LotR, Vampire Academy, Good Omens, and Ender's Game a lot, there are others, but those are my top. I LOVE Bleach, FMA and Death Note. I haven't seen the others yet Studio Ghibli is my LOVE, seriously. I've seen all their stuff. Totoro is my favorite though. Sailor Moon was my first anime, of course. I also love Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass, Lucky Star, He is my Master, Trigun, Beserk. I could go on, but those are some of my favs. Lol. I could ramble on and on about anime for days.

A Soul Eater dream would be awesome. You're mom know's the Excaliber song? That's amazing! Also, I LOVE that pixel of him. I always go 'FOOL!' for no reason. :D
ImageImage

----

WassupKiba
Super star
Super star
AKA: BANZAAAIIIII

Post by WassupKiba » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:09 pm

i love anime way too much to >.<

Spyder
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Spyder » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:43 am

Mum learnt the song cause I spent a full three days singing it last week. I've been off work with a really nasty virus recently so its been keeping my spirits up. I have admitted taken to saying fool a lot too... mostly when my brother is speaking. Followed by something about legends and 12th century. Had to show him where it came from, so he's asked me to doll HIS meister and weapon characters. As has my boyfriend since he started watching, and my best friend who directed me to watch it in the first place (or my eyeballs would shrivel up and die apparently)

In terms of books, I love love LOVE Jasper Fforde, Stephen King, Yasmine Galenorn, Charlaine Harris, and the morganville vampires series though the author name escapes me at the moment. Big Potter dork also.

I'll return later.... possibly tomorrow... with completed dolls >_>

My DevArt

Return to “Old Collabs”