Sci-fi and fantasy
20%
Time traveling, each set has a different time period
60%
Create a character with her own personality, like an alien or a vampire
20%

Total votes : 25

Postby aerieyena » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Lucy, would you like to do the palette? radiuhoh has volunteered as well.
I'm going to put up a poll so we can vote, and I'll include your suggestion of giving her a character of her own. :)

Also, if we did a hand on hip pose, it'd probably be easier, coding wise, to do it more like this, with a closed hand on the hip.
I own Atton Rand from KoTOR 2, Boy Blue from Fables, and Joker from Mass Effect. NO TOUCHY.
ImageImageImage
~ my request thread ~
aerieyena
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 1,233.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Postby Rene » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:05 pm

I agree. The less detail in the outline of the base (avoiding having to work around fingers), the easier it's going to be.

I looooove the time traveler idea for the theme. It gives us more creativity in the long run, methinks. :}
http://raranda.deviantart.com

Av base by Wish04 (DA). Sig base is my own.
Working on: Dashuri Base(90%), Unnamed Base(??%), Chahiro(12%), Fruit Collab(0%), Trek Collab(70%), Hand Collab(70%), 'Thank You' dolls for Tiger(65%) and Kitsuragi, DA Big Head Challenge(46%), Sleel Rain Collab(0%), OC Collab(0%), Battle Royale Day 3(20%)

Rene
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 599.00

Postby SavageLucy42 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:08 pm

Rene wrote:I agree. The less detail in the outline of the base (avoiding having to work around fingers), the easier it's going to be.

I looooove the time traveler idea for the theme. It gives us more creativity in the long run, methinks. :}

You wouldn't have to work around fingers. The hand would be it's own layer on top of all the clothes. So clothes wouldn't have cut outs in them for the hand.

But like Aerie said, a closed hand on the hip is way easier to deal with.
SavageLucy42
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 1,043.00

Postby aerieyena » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:16 pm

Okay, I added the poll, everybody vote! :D

Also, radiuhoh, Lucy won't be doing the palette, so it's up to you! (if you still want to do it) :)
I own Atton Rand from KoTOR 2, Boy Blue from Fables, and Joker from Mass Effect. NO TOUCHY.
ImageImageImage
~ my request thread ~
aerieyena
Super star
Super star

Postby radiuhoh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:42 am

Sure thing, I'll get that started! Should I do a skintone palette or leave that up to Duckie?

Sig base x ILCK [down] x DeviantART x PixiStar x Poupée Girl

happy-phantom.co.uk is technically back, but I've not finished rebuilding the site yet (laaazy). The ILCK bases are up on my DA account and most of the recent ones are on PixiStar too.
radiuhoh
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 1,003.00

Postby Rene » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:47 am

SavageLucy42 wrote:
Rene wrote:I agree. The less detail in the outline of the base (avoiding having to work around fingers), the easier it's going to be.

You wouldn't have to work around fingers. The hand would be it's own layer on top of all the clothes. So clothes wouldn't have cut outs in them for the hand.

But like my mistress, from whom I love to receive spankings said, a closed hand on the hip is way easier to deal with.

I mean having to shade that area where the hand overlaps to make it LOOK like the fingers actually come in contact with the fabric.... or am I the only one that would bother? Hahaha

But that aside, I also meant it's easier cause you would have one less layer to worry about if we avoid ANY part of the base doing crazy overlapping things where clothes would be, so it can stay just one solid piece.

Working on: Dashuri Base(90%), Unnamed Base(??%), Chahiro(12%), Fruit Collab(0%), Trek Collab(70%), Hand Collab(70%), 'Thank You' dolls for Tiger(65%) and Kitsuragi, DA Big Head Challenge(46%), Sleel Rain Collab(0%), OC Collab(0%), Battle Royale Day 3(20%)

Rene
Celebrity
Celebrity

Postby radiuhoh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:12 am

Some super-quick doodles for pose ideas. Red limbs might have to go on a second layer. The last one would probably work as a single layer though.

happy-phantom.co.uk is technically back, but I've not finished rebuilding the site yet (laaazy). The ILCK bases are up on my DA account and most of the recent ones are on PixiStar too.
radiuhoh
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby aerieyena » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:29 am

radiuhoh, why don't you go ahead and let Duckie do the skintone.
Also, the last little doodle was what I had in mind. I think it could be done without layering. :)

I think the time traveling theme will be the winner. So, instead of devoting each set to a person, each set will be for a certain era, excluding set 9 which will be all inclusive.

radiuhoh wrote:Each set's a different time period- Ancient world, medieval, Victorian, 20th century, current, the far flung future and such?

That would only take up five sets. We have nine, 0-8. So, any more suggestions?
ImageImageImage
~ my request thread ~
aerieyena
Super star
Super star

Postby Rene » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:29 am

Aw, those are adorable! I really love them. Aside from being the safest, I think it also looks the most girly, besides 2. But 3 could have some kick-ass possibilities as well! :}

Rene
Celebrity
Celebrity

Postby Hollay » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 am

Aww snap. I wish I would've been in on this.. but regardless, I think it'll look AWSUM when finished. :D
Hollay
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Diamonds on hand: 1,094.00
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell
Avatar Base: Immaculate Conception

Postby aerieyena » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:57 am

Hollay, if you really want to join, I can open up another spot for you... just no telling anyone you cheated! <.< >.>

XD
ImageImageImage
~ my request thread ~
aerieyena
Super star
Super star

Postby radiuhoh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:09 am

Okey dokey. I'll try and leave room for a couple of extra colours in case we find something we really need is missing later on.
my mistress, from whom I love to receive spankings wrote:That would only take up five sets. We have nine, 0-8. So, any more suggestions?

Feudal Japan? Gold Rush? Golden Age of Piracy? Regency? Renaissance? Tudor/Elizabethan? French Revolution? Edwardian?

radiuhoh
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby aerieyena » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:31 am

Oh! I love the Sparrow one, and renaissance! You're just full of ideas! <3
ImageImageImage
~ my request thread ~
aerieyena
Super star
Super star

Postby radiuhoh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:52 am

Fit to burst with 'em! XD

radiuhoh
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby SavageLucy42 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 am

Can we possibly do a more modern era? I was thinking either the 80s or the 20s. A time where clothes had a specific look to them.

Perhaps just something like "vintage" For 20s-50's clothes.
SavageLucy42
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby aerieyena » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:32 am

So, we could do...

Set 0 - Ancient World (CE/AD)
Set 1 - Middle Ages (???, it's a long time XD)
Set 2 - Feudal Japan (???)
Set 3- Golden Age of Piracy (mid 15th - 16th century)
Set 4 - Renaissance (14th - 17th century)
Set 5 - Victorian (1837-1901)
Set 6 - 20th Century
Set 7 - Current
Set 8 - Future
Set 9 - Everything!

I added dates, which may be off, to explain the order in which I placed them.
Does that look good to everyone? If no, make your suggestions.

Also, I think that everyone should make at least one set of clothing for each era, that way we can have an even amount of clothes for each set.

EDIT:
Lucy, I didn't notice your post!
Maybe we could scratch out Feudal Japan (I'm not crazy about that one) and do two 20th century sets, one 1901 - 1950, the other 1951 - 1999.
ImageImageImage
~ my request thread ~
aerieyena
Super star
Super star

Postby radiuhoh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:55 am

Looks like a good line-up to me :D
Middle ages is pretty much from the decline of the western Roman empire through to the reformation. It's a huge period, 500 to 1500 ish, but with a lot of stagnation due to the fall of said empire so there's not as much change style-wise.

I mainly liked the Feudal Japan set for some non-European medieval flavour. But I'm ok with two 20thC sets if that's what everyone else would prefer. I just think that a lot of the mid to late 20thC fashion could just as easily be modern as well, considering how crazy we go for recycling fashion.

radiuhoh
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby SavageLucy42 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:12 pm

I'm not sure Feudal Japan opens itself up to a whole set, and it's not super accessible to everyone. Wouldn't it fit into one of the other sets? We could do it by years instead of the titles of the time periods. That way if you don't WANT to focus on the western world you don't have to.
SavageLucy42
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby radiuhoh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm

That's true... ok, if we go for a worldwide thing, how about this for a lineup:

0- Ancient World
1- Under the Roman Empire (44CE-500AD)
2- 7th-10th century
3- High Medieval (11th-13th century)
4- 14th-17th century
5- 18th-19th century
6- 20th century
7- Modern, which could probably reach back a little into the late 20thC too if the 20thC set starts looking too full.
8- Future
9- Crazy time mashup of everything.

radiuhoh
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby Hollay » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:56 pm

D: YES PLZ. LEMME IN!! haha.

I love the timeline setup you have, and I think maybe 9 could just be sort of one random outfit a piece, or something casual maybe? Hell, you could even do trademark outfits like a character or something.
Hollay
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Diamonds on hand: 1,094.00
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell
Avatar Base: Immaculate Conception

Postby Ghostie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Woot! Seeing everyone being all productive and stuff is pretty awesome; reminds me of OW in the old days.
I'm definitely in favor of doing non-area specific time periods. So in set 1 (Under Radiouh's sets, rome or the classical period) could include all sorts of crazy stuff like the Shang, Olmec, Egyptians, as well as Rome & Greece. *Is totally psyched to doll egyptian stuff*

Ooh, also in regards to the poll, couldn't she be both a time traveler and a specific character at the same time? Perhaps a kind of pulpy thief from the future who sneaks into different time periods to steal treasures or something? Just a thought :)
[align=center]
Image Image Image
.: Avatar Base :.
[/align]
Ghostie
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 719.00

Postby Emi » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:31 pm

:O So much has happened! XD

I really like your timeline radiuhoh! I keep thinking of clothing options....this is going to be so BA I can't even comprehend it. :twisted:

Pose wise, I like the third one. :) No overlap, and it could fit in all the sets well, in my opinion....lot's of prop holding options!
Emi
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 601.00

Postby SavageLucy42 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:31 pm

I like Radi's setup so far. But do we need an entire section for pre-history? Won't it just be a bunch of pelts and caveman gear? Or am I dumb?

I'm totally making a fig leaf bikini. XD
SavageLucy42
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby radiuhoh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Haha! Prehistoric sexy! :hey:
But for srs, I was thinking pre-classic civilisations for the ancient world set. Like Ghostie was saying; Shang dynasty, Egyptian, Olmec, Mayan, Babylonian, Phoenician, Persian, Mycenaean, Minoan, early Rome...
Though the fig leaf bikini definitely needs to be in there somewhere.

Oh and I like the time travelling thief idea! We could put in some famous artefacts or art from each period as props she's nicked during her travels.

radiuhoh
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby Erik » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:32 pm

Oh, I love the time line stated so far! :D

VIKINGS! :D
If we do that, I'll be throwing some viking-based outfits in there ;)

The prop idea seems great too.
Especially if they were like ridiculously famous things. Like the Mona Lisa or something out of King Tut's tomb.
[align=center]Image
Collabs:
Pokemon
Musically Pop Cultural
Steampunk
Bleach
Purple
Animated Couples
KiSS Doll

DA// Avatar Base//Sig Base//My Request Thread//My Blog[/align]
Erik
Celebrity