Caricatures are my forte....

Any other artwork made in a digital or traditional medium.

Moderator: Keke

Caricatures are my forte....

Postby belladoggy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:43 pm

So I took an Illustration class for funsies this semester (like I didn't even take it for credit; I audited it) and one of the assignments was to do a caricature. So since I was a psych major in a class full of graphic design and art people, I wanted to do something psych related. And this was the result:

Spoiler: show

Copy/Pasted from my art blog (that I am awful at updating):
Anyway, for this assignment, we had to caricature any famous person. I wanted to do someone related to psychology since that’s my major. Originally, I was going to do Freud, but he is actually very normal looking (which isn’t so great for caricaturing). So, I decided to draw B.F. Skinner instead. Skinner is a fairly famous behaviorist in the world of psychology. He did a bunch of experiments with rats and pigeons and is basically the father of operant conditioning (hence the the little lab rat with an electrode attached to it).

Skinner was FUN to draw. He kind of reminds me of a snapping turtle with his weird little smirk and giant nose. Throw in the crazy hairstyle and droopy, wrinkly face, and, well, he had one of those mugs that just ASKS to be exaggerated.

Media are my beloved PrismaColor Colored Pencils and a flair pen. I actually really enjoyed layering the pencils to get the skin-tone you see here The first image is a WIP; as you can see, there was a lot of skin to cover. Once I finished that part, the other details were really simple. I actually blended everything with a white colored pencil as suggested by our instructor. I had a little mishap with the ink smudging on his forehead but I was able to incorporate that into the final piece. My classmates seem to think it really improved the overall character of the final product, who knew?

Digitally enhanced for the background (shoddy phone camera probs again, yay!), but I wasn’t able to get in and enhance all the white areas of the image, which is why it looks a bit off.

I didn't finish shading them, but for my final assignment, I did a series of caricatures of famous psychologists: Bandura, Zimbardo, Pavlov, Erikson, and Piaget, each complete with a prop referencing his most famous experiment or what he's known to have contributed to the field. But as I only have flat marker colors in on those and they need some shading enhancement with my pencils, I am not uploading them yet (I said I was auditing the course which is why i can get away with a non-finalized final, shhhh)
belladoggy
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 449.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Re: Caricatures are my forte....

Postby Shixam » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:14 am

This looks awesome! I would love to see the others once they're done!

My Charm Bracelet
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 14,837.00
AKA: Princess of Pink
Dolling Style: Pixel
Avatar Base: http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Postby Mogget » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:38 pm

I second this!
Mogget
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 19,517.00

Postby Phoenigette » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:48 pm

this is awesome! great job on capturing the details
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 18,158.00
AKA: Batty's Slave
Dolling Style: Pixel

Postby belladoggy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:11 am

Thank you guys! And when I get around to finishing them, I will definitely share! Haha I wanted to put something up since my attempt at base racing is slower than slow and everybody is so multi-talented on this site!
belladoggy
Cast
Cast

Diamonds on hand: 449.00

Return to Digital and Traditional Art