Base of the Month April '10!

Oscars given for outstanding Bases.

Moderator: Phoenigette

Base of the Month April '10!

Postby Em » Mon May 17, 2010 4:25 pm

[align=center]This month's winner is mariiii!

Image[/align]

This fullbody is a tad larger than your usual fare, what made you decide to make it?
Well, I actually wanted to make a baseless doll (unicorn with rainbow hair), but after I finished the body, I wanted to try out my other skin palettes....and how a portrait would look like...and suddenly I had a base set. But it was a great practice doing a bigger one instead all these tiny/medium bases.

What was the most difficult part of making this base?
The face and especially the lips. Working with a 3/4-head is not so easy for me, and I wanted to have a special 'look' for my doll I planned to make. A more small and charming smile instead of a big happy smile.

Are you set on just this one pose or do you think you'll make more in the future?
I don't think I'll make more poses in the future. I prefer new bases, with another pose, and another expression.

What do you start on first when you make a base?
Drawing a sketch on paper^^. Afterwards I take a photo or scan the sketch, resize to my liking, and start to pixel it.

Looking back, is there anything you would've done differently or changed?
Well, I don't like the ears so much. Lazyness was the reason for not searching a reference photo >.>

Thanks again :)
Av by Hollay

Please do not PM Em for any reason; contact any of the other moderators instead!
Em
Super Star
Super Star

Diamonds on hand: 500.00

Return to Best Base